Montreal
February April May-June 2015:
300353-iron-man-mark-42-001.jpg

Manufacturer: Sideshow Collectibles
Limited edition: 3000
Price: $429.99
Link: Sideshow.com

Mark 42 inbound!"

From Marvel's blockbuster film, Iron Man 3, Tony Stark suits up again with the Iron Man Mark 42 Quarter Scale Maquette.

Following the release of the Iron Patriot Maquette, Sideshow Collectibles has teamed up with Legacy Effects, the special FX masters behind every Iron Man film, to produce the ultimate screen-accurate representation of Stark in his latest and greatest armor. Measuring 20" tall on a themed base, the wisecracking hero blasts into action with interchangeable masked and unmasked portraits, featuring a remarkable likeness of Robert Downey Jr. in one of his most celebrated roles. Finished with a high gloss paint application and light-up features in the eyes, chest, and repulsors, this dynamic statue captures every detail of the 'man in the can' as he sets out to save the world from the threat of the Mandarin.

Product Size20" H (508mm) x 16" W (406.4mm) x 13" L (330.2mm)

Attachments

• 300353-iron-man-mark-42-001.jpg
    300353-iron-man-mark-42-001.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 578
Last edited:
Reactions: MK50 and herpderp
Hey, Drum18, Diamond Comics Distributors publish a catalog called the Diamond Comics Previews, for advance solicited items (by at least 2 months). It's primarily for comic books, TPB's, etc. but it's also expanded significantly over the past few years into trading cards and toys, statues, busts, etc. So, to use an example, an issue for the Iron Man comic book is listed in the August 2014 catalog, for release in October 2014. Comic book shops use this to see how many copies they'd need to order, based on the number of orders their customers would've placed with them. To offer an incentive to customers, shops will typically offer a discount (anything ranging from 10% - 40%) to entice more orders.

Similarly for toys, statues, etc., shops will accept pre-orders / advance orders and might offer a discount, which some members on this thread have reported.

I hope that clears up any confusion around Diamond Comics.

I hope that clears up any confusion around Diamond Comics.
Ohhhhh... yeah...!!! I saw that before in my local Comic Book Store... the guys always have some to give on the front counter.

Never interested me since I'm more of a "browsing-the-forums-on-the-net-to-get-infos-before-any-kind-of-publication" guy ;)

Thanks, Drum. Credit where credit is due; that vid was shot by one of the senior members of the StatueMarvels.com forums.
I had no idea he was a senior member on StatueMarvels... In fact, I never heard of that forum before!!! :p
All I know is that he's averone and got one of the biggest/AMAZING collection I've ever seen and that I took those from FB!!!!

So what are your thoughts compared to that OG on the right?
I've been reading a mass bashing against this statue about the paint "quality" and else.
Of course it's not as "perfect" as the other two statues, but IMO it's still very good. I think I've been lucky as mine has flaws but not that much. And it's only tiny paint defects that you need to inspect 2 inches from the statue to truly notice.

I'm 99% sure the big bashing is more about the color scheme of this statue, but this is from the movie. If people who loves Iron Man in ALL RED like the Comic, I can understand they're angry, but it's not Sideshow's fault if Marvel chosen to change the colors...

My MAIN attraction of this piece is the POSE. The presence it has is WAYYYY Superior to the other 2. It's strong and truly attracts the eye at first glance!

So, in the end: TRULY SATISFIED!!!!
I may even *maybe* consider Mark II if the paint is good to continue the serie...

But Mark XLIII should arrive this-next week and THIS is gonna steal the show I'm 99% sure!!!!