Release date: January 13, 2020
Purchase links: Zavvi - WB Shop UK - HMV - Amazon UK
Price: £29.99
Notes: WB Shop includes a free T-Shirt

81ND0spq5XL._AC_SX342_.jpg

81aMdVIJlZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71rxe9gIFgL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
12274903-4184703280456549.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to disagree as I thought it was a lesser film in every way. I've not seen or read any other iteration of IT and I tend to avoid horror films in general as I usually dislike them but I was dragged to Chapter one and ended up really enjoying it. Didn't have any enjoyment with this film

I think the biggest factor was the characters. Felt the bond was strong between all of the kids in the first as you got to know them but in chapter two it seemed too broken up to form any connection with any of them

The story was far more focused in the first and that allowed the interaction Pennywise's had with the kids to be more terrifying whereas with the second I didn't feel much of a sense dread from him

And even though some of the CGI'd creatures looked the same, or similar, to the first (as I said in a previous comment) there were segments where I wasn't sure if I was meant to be scared or laughing at what was produced. I actually think there may have been more bits that were meant to be funny than there were of horror and this mixture of tones damaged the overall film

But it'd be boring if we all thought the same way. As an outsider to the franchise/material, this just wasn't for me

Tbh I laughed at parts but mainly because pennywise just makes me laugh.

And I agree that the connection isn’t there when they are adults but also isn’t that the point?
I knew that the connection would be missing from after the first film waiting for this one because they all moved on and forgot everything.

I dunno, for me, the sequel was just as good. Much better than say the sequel to the conjuring. Whilst I enjoyed the second, I found the first much better

This bit ill put in a spoiler though:

I think with the connection as adults and personally being aware that would be missing because they have grown apart, I liked the fact we saw flashbacks of them as kids after the first fight and the fact that pennywise still went after them on their own. I loved that element.

Reactions: RavenGunner
Tbh I laughed at parts but mainly because pennywise just makes me laugh.

And I agree that the connection isn’t there when they are adults but also isn’t that the point?
I knew that the connection would be missing from after the first film waiting for this one because they all moved on and forgot everything.

I dunno, for me, the sequel was just as good. Much better than say the sequel to the conjuring. Whilst I enjoyed the second, I found the first much better

This bit ill put in a spoiler though:

I think with the connection as adults and personally being aware that would be missing because they have grown apart, I liked the fact we saw flashbacks of them as kids after the first fight and the fact that pennywise still went after them on their own. I loved that element.
I agree about the lack of connection bring intentional but even after the initial set up I felt no chemistry between the actors which the kids manage to portray seamlessly

Glad you enjoyed it though. I think I'm just more disappointed this time round as the first surprised me by how much I enjoyed it

The lack of connection since moving away from Derry was demonstrated well but once they returned I was just hoping that they'd regain some of that comradery which I didn't feel, I think, because of that segment where each went to find what they had lost. It just destroyed the pacing and kept character interaction to a minimum

Reactions: Flloydo
Two for the UK too?
Both of the Part Two reveals in Germany (unsurprisingly) reflecting features from the Part One steelbook artwork:-
1568894979738.png
+
1568895215990.png

1568895023576.png
+
1568895635671.png
1568895772639.png

If it remains the Two Balloons artwork in the UK at least we can see the back art courtesy German steelbook #2:-
1569460526978.png

If other artwork then still fine . . . although FuturePak would have done justice to the two posters making them appear as one:-
1569460698760.png

Reactions: milky
Hmmm

I like both. Didn’t realise Germany has 2 versions

Please have a good finish. Some spot glossing on pennywise, the balloons and losers will do me fine. Can chuck the moon and title in too if they want

Would have liked it to match the first but actually really like the art on this.