It Follows (Blu-ray SteelBook) (The Blu Collection) (Kimchidvd Exclusive) [Korea]

harry

Premium Supporter
Nov 12, 2012
Release date: May 25, 2016
Purchase link: Full Slip (400 copies) OOS - Lenti Type A (700 copies) - Lenti Type B (1000 copies) - One Click (300 copies, matching numbers) OOS - Pre-order May 4 at 2 PM (Korea time) - Check your local timing HERE
Price:
$34.99 (Lenti or Full Slip) - $104 (One Click)
Group buy: hosted by Kaka1888

Full Slip | Lenticular Type A | Lenticular Type B

13131448_1871122413114967_2798739739749877862_o.jpg 13072627_1871122419781633_8603720154938463098_o.jpg 13087232_1871122416448300_1995685101166196727_o.jpg

ss+(2016-04-28+at+11.26.32).png

1.jpg

1554539_1846319745595234_1664002079131356164_n-jpg.228472

1915730_1846319755595233_6381538339858207957_n-jpg.228474

1239692_1846319775595231_5353197999699721692_n-jpg.228475

1913549_1846319778928564_2132957295823290361_n-jpg.228476

Last edited by a moderator:
@Flloydo
The steelbook in my Full Slip also has various imperfections, e.g. tiny scratches. They are not as prominent as on your copy, though. However, there's a flaw on mine I haven't seen in any other steelbook before: The spine has to bulges on its left side. I gave up trying to photograph it, because it's seemingly impossible to catch this with this glossy finish. But it's very visible when you see it live.
I only unwrapped Lenti A, not the steelbook itself. From what I can see through the shrink wrapping, the spine looks okay on this one. Can't tell if it has those scratches too, with the shrink wrap around.

@BluSteel2012
Thank you for the great photographs. I guess it's due to lighting in your pictures that the Lenti looks so colorful? To my eyes and in real life, the colors look less saturated, I think.
By the way I like the carboard solution they came up with for inserting the steelbook into the Lenti Slip. Can't see why this would put more strain on the steel.

@tristar6
Hey, look at that, you got my Full Slip's slightly older brother! I got #444. And the Lenti A isn't too far away from your number neither (700 / 705). :)

@Actarus
The scratches on my steelbook are totally random, too. There were no tears in the foil at all. But I guess I'll just live with it.

@GR44
Direct order from Kimchi as well.

Here're some more pics:

01.jpg 04.jpg 07.jpg 09.jpg 11.jpg 13.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg 18.jpg

That's the last bunch of them ;)

@Flloydo
The steelbook in my Full Slip also has various imperfections, e.g. tiny scratches. They are not as prominent as on your copy, though. However, there's a flaw on mine I haven't seen in any other steelbook before: The spine has to bulges on its left side. I gave up trying to photograph it, because it's seemingly impossible to catch this with this glossy finish. But it's very visible when you see it live.
I only unwrapped Lenti A, not the steelbook itself. From what I can see through the shrink wrapping, the spine looks okay on this one. Can't tell if it has those scratches too, with the shrink wrap around.

@BluSteel2012
Thank you for the great photographs. I guess it's due to lighting in your pictures that the Lenti looks so colorful? To my eyes and in real life, the colors look less saturated, I think.
By the way I like the carboard solution they came up with for inserting the steelbook into the Lenti Slip. Can't see why this would put more strain on the steel.

@tristar6
Hey, look at that, you got my Full Slip's slightly older brother! I got #444. And the Lenti A isn't too far away from your number neither (700 / 705). :)

@Actarus
The scratches on my steelbook are totally random, too. There were no tears in the foil at all. But I guess I'll just live with it.

@GR44
Direct order from Kimchi as well.

Here're some more pics:

View attachment 243649 View attachment 243650 View attachment 243653 View attachment 243655 View attachment 243656 View attachment 243657 View attachment 243659 View attachment 243660 View attachment 243661 View attachment 243662

That's the last bunch of them ;)

Hi mate, just checked mine and it don't seem to have the bulges you describe on the spine but I looked down the spine in the light and I noticed the back plate has a slight minor bend in it!!!! Didn't even notice that before

I said to @BluSteel2012 yesterday that because it was black and glossy I wasn't expecting it to be perfect as we all know it's hard for black and glossy to be mint but my spine is quite bad and the front has quite a few marks on it too.
And I have more pics but only posted a few.

You right about photographing it, it's extremely hard and took a while for me to get the right photos

I've heard back from Tony and he's sending me a spare empty case with my next order

This is seriously my favourite package I now own in my kimchi collection it's just a shame about the imperfections

In the correct light the lenti B is extremely bright and the transitioning is prefect on mine. Don't need to move it too far left or right to see the full effect.

I'm actually a fan of the extra slip that houses the poster and mainly because I keep the steel seperate to the lenti or full slip and put both in plastic sealed slips. I usually put an old ammray case or some bubble wrap as padding in the kimchi or nova lenti slips as they can be a bit more flimsy without the steel inside but the extra slip makes the lenti more padded out so I'm personally for it

I just hope my replacement is better

I will attempt today to take some pictures of 1 of the steel, since they both have similar ''manufacturing defect'' hope that I can catch them with my phone camera. If anyone received a Totally Flawless Steel, meaning no discoloration or spots / small scratches it would be nice to know if there's some Perfect steels out there. But as @Flloydo said he was not expecting a flawless steel due to the fact that it is Black and super Glossy and also @BluSteel2012 noticed some faint scratches as well. I am happy I Open both my copies though, was going to keep lenti sealed but when I saw steelbook condition wanted to know if other one was same way.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I will attempt today to take some pictures of 1 of the steel, since they both have similar ''manufacturing defect'' hope that I can catch them with my phone camera. If anyone received a Totally Flawless Steel, meaning no discoloration or spots / small scratches it would be nice to know if there's some Perfect steels out there. But as @Flloydo said he was not expecting a flawless steel due to the fact that it is Black and super Glossy and also @BluSteel2012 noticed some faint scratches as well. I am happy I Open both my copies though, was going to keep lenti sealed but when I saw steelbook condition wanted to know if other one was same way.

I just hope my replacement is better because at the moment/ so far mine is the worst I've seen for imperfections (apart from Hamils dents)
I was half expecting some minor issues due to the finish and colour but as always i have the worst luck :(

Look forward to your photos

I just hope my replacement is better because at the moment/ so far mine is the worst I've seen for imperfections (apart from Hamils dents)
I was half expecting some minor issues due to the finish and colour but as always i have the worst luck :(

Look forward to your photos

Yes mine are not perfect either, I don't think they should have passed quality inspection, but again first steel I own that is Fully Glossy and deep Black, but I tell myself that I should not worry as that is what it is. Yes Hamill dent is awful at least my 2 editions are in Absolute Perfect Condition, the line that crosses the lenti title doesn't bother me it looks like it was manufactured that way. I could not see it still shrink wrapped only when I removed the 2nd protective film I could see it but you have to look at it at the proper angle. In any case pretty happy about almost all the package just the steel is a bit of a let down and I find the picture of the girl back art of steel is way too Dark.

• Thanks
Reactions: WKRP and Flloydo
Yes mine are not perfect either, I don't think they should have passed quality inspection, but again first steel I own that is Fully Glossy and deep Black, but I tell myself that I should not worry as that is what it is. Yes Hamill dent is awful at least my 2 editions are in Absolute Perfect Condition, the line that crosses the lenti title doesn't bother me it looks like it was manufactured that way. I could not see it still shrink wrapped only when I removed the 2nd protective film I could see it but you have to look at it at the proper angle. In any case pretty happy about almost all the package just the steel is a bit of a let down and I find the picture of the girl back art of steel is way too Dark.

There are not many but ones that Spring to mind are maleificant (my copy has some minor issues) and 47 Ronin (my copy is absolutely perfect) other than that it's just extremely glossy steels which feature big parts of black in the art like v for vendetta and again my copy has issues on the black parts (like most I think)

I agree with the pic on the back being too dark, especially when you look a the same image in the book or on the blu collection card. They are much lighter versions of the image

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
Here are some open pictures of IT FOLLOWS FullSlip Kimchi Exclusive. There's some minor scuff marks and parts that look like the steel didn't have time to dry when manufactured, but with a super Gloss Black Steel I think imperfections go along too well. When in hands it does look very nice, we notice some small stuff but it is more when you play with the Gloss Steel with the light looking at many different angles that you notice those little scratches and discoloration but it is minimal. If you are OCD+ this would be a problem, but I opened my Lenti A as well(Lenti has such nice depth unsealed) and both editions slips and Bonus Items are all perfect. I would suggest if you want to take the Fullslip ''in and out'' of SCF2 not recommended as I created small scratches on Fullslip (Fullslip scratches easilly), so I put it in an SCF4 to make sure when I remove the Fullslip from the protective sleeve to look at it, it has more room to come out from the protective SCF without rubbing on the SCF2. But Overall it is a splendid release.

NB: I will post the imperfections a little bit later.

5 - Title steel.jpg

1 - Fullslip Front.jpg 2 - Fullslip Bck.jpg 3 - BCK Book holder.jpg 4 - Inside art and Diskr.jpg 6 - steel Sideways.jpg 7 - steel Front.jpg 8 - steel Back.jpg

Fullslip and Lenti Type A were both in MINT Condition including all Bonus Items, only when I removed Shrink Wrap from both editions that I noticed the damage when playing with light...but I could see when unwrapped first thing that popped was the discoloration back of Steel which lead me closer inspection and discovered those so @Flloydo you are not alone.

Imperfection 1.jpg Imperfection 3.jpg Imperfection 4.jpg Imperfection 5.jpg Imperfection 6.jpg Imperfection 7.jpg Imperfection 8.jpg Imperfection 9.jpg Imperfection 10.jpg Imperfection 11.jpg

Fullslip and Lenti Type A were both in MINT Condition including all Bonus Items, only when I removed Shrink Wrap from both editions that I noticed the damage when playing with light...but I could see when unwrapped first thing that popped was the discoloration back of Steel which lead me closer inspection and discovered those so @Flloydo you are not alone.

View attachment 243756 View attachment 243757 View attachment 243758 View attachment 243759 View attachment 243760 View attachment 243761 View attachment 243762 View attachment 243763 View attachment 243764 View attachment 243765

Damn, sorry to see that mate.

As much as I love this release (up there with memento lenti for me) I really wish the quality checking or process in making them was better.

It's a lot of money for eveyone to just end up with scratched steels (hairline, marks etc)

Thinking I may need some of those "OCD collector" white gloves before handling this fingerprint magnet.... :rofl::p

Lol don't, I've been using a t shirt to open this one lol
:confused::rolleyes::sorry:

• Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89
Mine also has faint scratches all over the back. And the front is bulged out, you can push it in and it pops back out like an old school oasis glass bottle top :dunno:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo