Jackie Chan's Police Story and Police Story 2 (Limited Blu-ray Box set) (Eureka Classics) [UK]

steelmybeatingheart

hasn't got time for this Mickey Mouse bulls***!
Premium Supporter
*** V I P ***
Jul 6, 2016
London
Release date: August 20, 2018
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Eureka - Zavvi
Price: £23.99 (Amazon) - £24.99 (Zavvi) - £25.99 (Eureka)
Notes: Limited to 3000 copies; Region B locked.

51KkeoMd2kL.jpg

51f4KdZXLqL._SX466_.jpg

51tHu7JAXKL._SX385_.jpg
51B7+A9PiBL._SX385_.jpg

• Special Limited Edition Box Set
  • 1080p presentations of both films, sourced from immaculate 4K restorations including Police Story 2 in its full 2 hour version for the first time ever in the UK
  • Original Cantonese mono audio track for Police Story
  • Restored Cantonese 5.1 audio presentations for both films
  • Optional English audio tracks
  • Optional Mandarin audio tracks
  • Optional English subtitles
  • The "Police Force" version of the first film, originally re-edited for the US video market and featuring its own electronic score by Kevin Bassinson
  • "Jackie Chan” (40 mins) – A documentary on Jackie Chan’s early career from cult film documentary series, Son of the Incredibly Strange Film Show
  • Archival Interview with Jackie Chan (20 mins)
  • Interview with Benny Lai (15 mins)
  • Police Story – Deleted and extended scenes, including alternate opening and ending sequences
  • Police Story 2 – Outtakes
  • Jackie Chan's Stunts - promotional trailer
  • Box set exclusive – Collectors booklets for each film, featuring new essays and archival content

Last edited by a moderator:
I entered a Eureka competition posted on facebook to win Eureka August releases
It was this Box Set and 2 other eureka releases

Winners listed has My name Paul B but I'm not 100% if I have won as there might be someone else that used same name to enter competition
I did not get any email to say I had won and Eureka not replied to my question if it was me :LOL:
I saw your comment on Facebook yesterday... I couldn't see where they'd listed the winners though. Chances are it's probably another Paul B anyway mate lol.

Reactions: paulboland
In the ten years that I've been buying steelbooks I've only had 4 disc replacements:-
1) CABIN IN THE WOODS (2012)
2) THE WICKER MAN (2013)
3) THEATRE OF BLOOD (2014)
4) SHIVERS (2014)
I remember Amazon messaging me in 2014 that there was a issue w/ the CHARIOTS OF FIRE disc in the steelbook I'd just bought but I never received a replacement disc and never chased it up for some reason . . .

Another that had an issue was the ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS Arrow steelbook

almost for got the BATMAN Limited edition series set - they managed some how to get some of the chapters of episodes in the wrong order(that set got pulled & re-issued)

i got my replacement disc a while ago :), but wanted to mention it here, for the sale of pointing out that Eureka were excellent :thanks: and replaced my disc in one of the shiny silver envelopes as above, even though i had not actually bought it direct from them. kudos. :thumbs:

• Informative
Reactions: AlienKing