Jaws 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 16, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on June 16, at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £17.99

Jaws2.jpg
Jaws2 (back).jpg Jaws2 (open).jpg Jaws2 (inside).jpg

Last edited:
Decided to cancel this steel, easing back on the physical media, just a little.

Anyway, I couldn’t cancel as part of my order had already been dispatched…. The frickin’ tree I never ordered! Anyways, had to go through customer services instead of the regular cancellation form, what a palaver.

Decided to cancel this steel, easing back on the physical media, just a little.

Anyway, I couldn’t cancel as part of my order had already been dispatched…. The frickin’ tree I never ordered! Anyways, had to go through customer services instead of the regular cancellation form, what a palaver.
What is with this tree crap anyway?. What is that all about?

Again releasing BR instead of 4K. Not buying untill they release 4K.
To be fair I think you are only going to see the main film of a series unless it's the likes of Bond getting a 4k release and the rest don't. I could maybe see Jaws getting a 4k set with them all in it for collectors but not individual releases.

Again releasing BR instead of 4K. Not buying untill they release 4K.
I doubt you will see 4K UHD releases for Jaws 2/3/4

I would be very surprised if universal will spend money on doing 4K scan remaster for those films as they are not big sellers for back catalouge films
Your best hope would be if they licence out the films to independent labels like Scream Factory or Arrow Video to do 4K remasters and would likely be only Jaws 2 a independent label would spend money on doing a 4K remaster
The money be better more spent on doing new extras than doing 4K scan of negative

The discs in Jaws 2/3/4 steelbooks is the same discs as previously released in 2016

The first Jaws film yes that got a 4K remaster as that is the main film and main seller

Reactions: 5t33lb0y
I doubt you will see 4K UHD releases for Jaws 2/3/4

I would be very surprised if universal will spend money on doing 4K scan remaster for those films as they are not big sellers for back catalouge films
Your best hope would be if they licence out the films to independent labels like Scream Factory or Arrow Video to do 4K remasters and would likely be only Jaws 2 a independent label would spend money on doing a 4K remaster
The money be better more spent on doing new extras than doing 4K scan of negative

The discs in Jaws 2/3/4 steelbooks is the same discs as previously released in 2016

The first Jaws film yes that got a 4K remaster as that is the main film and main seller
Spot on, pretty much how i see it as well

Reactions: paulboland
There is every chance that these 3 will end up on 4K, they just won’t be good quality as they will not be remastered.
The studios are already doing exactly the same crap that they have done with DVD and Blu-Ray and just shove most films through the sausage mixer and release them with no remastering which just means that you can see the roughness even clearer.
Unless a movie like Jaws 2 has been specifically remastered or it is a brand new release it’s really not worth the purchasing the upgrade.

Reactions: jailbird_joey
By the time I decided I want all the steelbooks I missed out on part 2. Have 3 and 4 on pre-order (charged today), but how likely will part 2 come back on sale?

I've done the 'add to wishlist' on Zavvi, but how reliable is that feature to ensure I don't miss out on any potential restock?

By the time I decided I want all the steelbooks I missed out on part 2. Have 3 and 4 on pre-order (charged today), but how likely will part 2 come back on sale?

I've done the 'add to wishlist' on Zavvi, but how reliable is that feature to ensure I don't miss out on any potential restock?
I've done the wishlist for many an item and not once did they notify me of a restock so it's a waste of time.

However I tend to find zavvi restocks happen on the monday a week after the release date, they did for true romance, last action hero and willy Wonka, if that's any indication.

I've done the wishlist for many an item and not once did they notify me of a restock so it's a waste of time.

However I tend to find zavvi restocks happen on the monday a week after the release date, they did for true romance, last action hero and willy Wonka, if that's any indication.
While I'm loathe to do it sometimes ebay is your friend. Sometimes it's the only option...

All arrived safely today, matte as expected but not awful and the colours look good especially on 3 & 4 (2 has a more washed out look to it’s the colours shouldn’t be as strong). I need to dig out my old Jaws steelbook, I think it will work nicely with these three.