Jaws 3 (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 16, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on June 19, at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 6 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £17.99
Notes: 1 disc includes both 2D and 3D versions of the film

Jaws3.jpg

Jaws3 (back).jpg Jaws3 (open).jpg Jaws3 (inside).jpg

Last edited:
Have just re-watched this for the first time since I first saw it at the cinema back in the early '80s when it was originally released. Boy, is it bad. It's just as bad (if not worse) than I remember it! In fact, it's so bad that you just can't help watching! lol! That's the problem with being a collector, though - you just HAVE to have a full set of something. :whistle: :)

• Haha
Reactions: jasong
Have just re-watched this for the first time since I first saw it at the cinema back in the early '80s when it was originally released. Boy, is it bad. It's just as bad (if not worse) than I remember it! In fact, it's so bad that you just can't help watching! lol! That's the problem with being a collector, though - you just HAVE to have a full set of something. :whistle: :)
Did you watch it in Real 3D?

I watched it in Real 3D last night.....some fun pop out effects. However some of the 3D was VERY strong....so strong my eyes couldn't cope with it, such as the actual title popping out at the start. Don't know if others found the same?

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Did you watch it in Real 3D?
No, as I don't have a 3D set-up at home. Although I did watch it in 3D at the cinema originally, and I do recall a lot of the 3D effects being rather gimmicky rather than really adding anything. I've since read that the studio asked for more 'pop-out' effects to be added during production than had originally been planned to prevent audiences from feeling a bit let-down if there weren't that many. So they really wanted to showcase that they could do 3D. Unfortunately, I felt that this made some of them actually feel a bit corny, and I can recall plenty of groans - and even sarcastic laughter - erupting from the audience in places!

I'm also aware that the 2D transfer is pretty poor anyway, with many of the 3D effects looking rather odd in 2D - mostly with a rather strange shimmering around the edge of some of the objects that should be jumping out at you (rather like some of the old 1970s Doctor Who 'green-screen' effects). Overall, the picture is extremely grainy in 2D. So, yes, this is a bit distracting as well. But if the story had been a lot better and more engaging, then you would have been less likely to have noticed that (as with 1970s Doctor Who).

I watched it in Real 3D last night.....some fun pop out effects. However some of the 3D was VERY strong....so strong my eyes couldn't cope with it, such as the actual title popping out at the start. Don't know if others found the same?
Yes, I do recall that from when I first saw it in the cinema. As I noted in my post above, this was a very deliberate choice by the studio at the time to really show off their 3D, but I felt it became rather distracting after a while. Perhaps that's why I've never really been enthused by 3D personally, and had my doubts as to whether it would really take off as a popular home media format beyond what it now seems to have become i.e. popular only amongst enthusiastic and dedicated followers, including many people on these forums. And I'm not saying that's wrong, by the way, if you're one of those people that do enjoy 3D. I'm just saying that I've never really been excited by it myself (and my brother's set-up gave me a headache when I tried it, which he's since got tired of as well and replaced with a 4K set-up instead).

Last edited: