Jaws - 45th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: June 2, 2020
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $24.99

E5A6E203-8E6A-4427-A708-795D2F53449D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate, Hate, HATE that the original steel has no artwork on back. It was the driving force behind me buying magnet sheets, plinting Jaws art on it, and cutting it to fit the back of the steel. Another steel I did that for was Poseidon Adventure. Front of the steel is killer diller. Back?....not so much.

As for the new upcoming release, embossing would be fun!

Reactions: Shark
I hate, Hate, HATE that the original steel has no artwork on back. It was the driving force behind me buying magnet sheets, plinting Jaws art on it, and cutting it to fit the back of the steel. Another steel I did that for was Poseidon Adventure. Front of the steel is killer diller. Back?....not so much.

As for the new upcoming release, embossing would be fun!
That and the high second hand price is why I never ended up pulling the trigger on it. I like that this has only one color for the spine and I think this interior art is a lot better than that one’s too.

Reactions: jaws finatic
So used to seeing the other image used on everything from steelbooks to T-shirts ...
View attachment 465316 View attachment 465318
... and quite like what they've done here splitting the famous poster across both covers and not leaving the back artless and that big title with the snout forming the "A" is not a bad move.
Yeah I have the one on the left and the back is like non existent aside from the studio branding. This one will be a nice change, I like how they used the sharks nose as an "A". :)

I have to admit i do like it. The only thing I would do would be to make the bottom of the image darker to make it look like Bruce is coming out of the depths. Hopefully Zavvi will have preorders soon for it.

I also think no red lettering is a bit weird but overall I think it looks pretty good and will be even better if they go with some nice embossing or debossing and full/spot gloss

As a change of pace not sorry they went with the aqua and white colour scheme more often seen on some of the book covers than the videos ...
Capture.JPG

... although the image looks a bit basic when compared to the previous steelbook front and more like a poster for a Disney film than a poster based on the classic image created by artist Roger Kastel in 1974:-
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG

Who was the girl and what happened to the original poster?

Well hopefully HDZETA or Filmarena will.....
Yeah man. I was thinking maybe Nova too. What would be insanely killer is if Mondo got ahold of this film. Would love to see what they would come up with for it. As should be obvious to all, I'll be snagging every edition of this that comes down the pipe. A Premium slip version? Oh yeah. Mondo? Bring it on. HDzeta or Filmarean....let's make it happen, dudes!!!! Feel free to contact me for ideas.

Have to weigh in. I hate it. I respect the effort to do something different but as said above, it looks weirdly safe and disneyfied. Now if you took this steel and gave it a premium slip with the classic artwork? That would sell me.

Lucky for you and myself included plus I suspect plenty of others as well there is an upcoming premium for this from HDZeta :happy:

I would suspect we would see a pre order for this in Q3 or Q4 of 2020.

If I’m being completely honest I freaking loved this 4K steelbook artwork when it first came out for it as it’s something a little bit different to the iconic artwork which is basically all we’ve had for jaws for a very very very long time that has stretched over a wide range of merch. Fast forward till now, the more I see it the more I don’t like it even though I do like how it’s spliced up the artwork to cover two sides it’s completely destroyed the main element and theme of the OG artwork what is Bruce trying to eat and where’s the fear ‘n’ tension? He’s just been reduced to form the Letter A with no snack in sight. I like how you say it’s been Disneyfied as yeah I couldn’t agree more which actually irritates me more about the artwork lol along with it’s very monotone blue base colour. Anyways it’s better than the 4K Amaray art if you’ve seen that and I’m pretty confident HDZeta will use the OG art as the main feature artwork of their Single Lenti Premium that will come out later in the year which will be an essential purchase for me for sure.

Last thing welcome to the forums :thumbs: sit down have a blast and let the good times roll :joy:

Last edited:
Lucky for you and myself included plus I suspect plenty of others as well there is an upcoming premium for this from HDZeta :happy:

I would suspect we would see a pre order for this in Q3 or Q4 of 2020.

If I’m being completely honest I freaking loved this 4K steelbook artwork when it first came out for it as it’s something a little bit different to the iconic artwork which is basically all we’ve had for jaws for a very very very long time that has stretched over a wide range of merch. Fast forward till now, the more I see it the more I don’t like it even though I do like how it’s spliced up the artwork to cover two sides it’s completely destroyed the main element and theme of the OG artwork what is Bruce trying to eat and where’s the fear ‘n’ tension? He’s just been reduced to form the Letter A with no snack in sight. I like how you say it’s been Disneyfied as yeah I couldn’t agree more which actually irritates me more about the artwork lol along with it’s very monotone blue base colour. Anyways it’s better than the 4K Amaray art if you’ve seen that and I’m pretty confident HDZeta will use the OG art as the main feature artwork of their Single Lenti Premium that will come out later in the year which will be an essential purchase for me for sure.

Last thing welcome to the forums :thumbs: sit down have a blast and let the good times roll :joy:
Thank you! And yeah I'll let anybody premium take a swing at this and I'll be fine, but as is it looks like a Disney Nature doc on Sharks. In the DVD heyday I would not be shocked to see this image from a discovery DVD haha

Reactions: willbar84