Jaws - 45th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Japanese Artwork Series #1) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

Miffed

Ginger Ninja
Premium Supporter
Jun 5, 2013
Guildford, England
Release date: October 5, 2020
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £24.99
Note: Limited to 2000 copies.
Showcasing original Japanese theatrical artwork, this essential collection perfectly blends the exuberant style of the Far East with the iconic art of Hollywood. Each release comes with a replica ‘chirashi’ mini-poster as would have been used to promote the film in Japanese cinemas, alongside the original English Language disc content.

cc20c08e-8e59-4016-a205-bcb610699fc6.jpg

99f7a5f2-7629-4cfd-98b0-4530eb6a3d8f.png
225d7408-1a45-41d1-bc44-9b11ed4d43bd.png
aed332d4-3359-486e-84a5-d823479c59af.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just not seeing what you guys are seeing here......

I understand the Japanese text (that's the whole point), but that back cover looks like it was drawn by a 3 year old with crayons. Just awful....... (n)

And yes, as someone already pointed out, that inside art was used for Jaws 2. The Japanese market no less!!! :rofl: :LOL:

il_570xN.909855063_3h5e.jpg

They just flipped it. Unless this is a double feature, that's a massive fail.....

I'm just not seeing what you guys are seeing here......

I understand the Japanese text (that's the whole point), but that back cover looks like it was drawn by a 3 year old with crayons. Just awful....... (n)

That back art is in the style of Japanese traditional art. They’ve just adapted it to jaws. Can’t remember the name of the style. But I’ve always loved its type

The concept is super cool for us weebs! But, everything else about it tho... ehhhhhh. Really could have done it better.

Japanese Steelbooks were incredibly popular back in the day before “premium” editions became a thing but this is just a gimmick.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Japanese Steelbooks were incredibly popular back in the day before “premium” editions became a thing but this is just a gimmick.

Everything’s a gimmick nowadays. At least these are cool ones

Oh I know what style it is.......

That did make me chuckle

well, the style is part of their culture. Just adapted to jaws. It’s creative

but, anyone who hates on iliustrated art or is not a fan of illustrated steels will feel the same about the back I suppose

These steelbook people slay me. The back of the steel has nothing to do with the movie other than there's a shark fin, and the inside of the steel is the poster art announcing the upcoming release of Jaws 2? These people should really consult me first.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
This will sell out .... many many JAWS fans and Shark fans who obsess over JAWS and buy all JAWS stuff without being movie collectors etc.

real question is 2k exclusive WEA.... or 2k exclusive to UK and other qty elsewhere.

I got to say, i like it. The inside is much better alone then having the running kids in the last steelbook. I don't mind a poster for back and front has i don't hang my steelbooks. The only thing, is it 4k only or does it comes with blu-ray?
Which can also make for an easy CUSTOM if one doesnt mind the Japanese /English spine. Just pop off the USA steel covers and put on this to get much better inside.

As a jaws fan, I would more so only consider doing that as a 2nd copy ... as I do like it as is. Because I own a few JAWS, not just one as it is already.