Jaws - 45th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Japanese Artwork Series #1) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

Miffed

Ginger Ninja
Premium Supporter
Jun 5, 2013
Guildford, England
Release date: October 5, 2020
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £24.99
Note: Limited to 2000 copies.
Showcasing original Japanese theatrical artwork, this essential collection perfectly blends the exuberant style of the Far East with the iconic art of Hollywood. Each release comes with a replica ‘chirashi’ mini-poster as would have been used to promote the film in Japanese cinemas, alongside the original English Language disc content.

cc20c08e-8e59-4016-a205-bcb610699fc6.jpg

99f7a5f2-7629-4cfd-98b0-4530eb6a3d8f.png
225d7408-1a45-41d1-bc44-9b11ed4d43bd.png
aed332d4-3359-486e-84a5-d823479c59af.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Which can also make for an easy CUSTOM if one doesnt mind the Japanese /English spine. Just pop off the USA steel covers and put on this to get much better inside.
How will that work??

Put the front and back plates on top of the existing plates?????

Surely they won't fit!!!

Its a tight enough fit on just the plastic bracket.

Liking the way they released DUEL and JAWS together as their connection is the greatest of all Mr. Spielberg's films with the former considered a dress rehearsal for the latter.
1597429065050.png

Small as they are some folding of the chirashi poster - B5 size (25cm x 18cm) - will be necessary to fit inside the steelbook (17cm x 13cm).

Last edited:
I can KIND OF understand this range, as I've seen some really unique Japanese posters over the years. It's pretty random, but yeah ok. But...they start off with a Jaws poster that's the same as the regular US cover, just with Japanese text??

Reactions: ethnosax
Much better than the new crappy 4K Steelbook. This is a must buy, same goes for Duel, I actually didn´t see that one yet so it will be a blind buy. I love blind buys when you are pretty much sure it will be great movie :happy: :cigar::coffee:

Reactions: willbar84
It's still crapola. Lol

Well, I don't know about that but I'd have definitely preferred the back without the Japanese title . . . with it not being a Japanese poster looks odd as is.

Also a big change of pace for the artist, Andrzej Dudzinski, considering his other movie posters from the same 1970s period...
His 1977 poster for JAWS sandwiched between his 1975 poster for THE THREE MUSKETEERS and his 1976 poster for THE FOUR MUSKETEERS although I wouldn't consider his "Jaws" "sexy" as the title suggests.
1597448852622.png
/
1597449224136.png
/
1597448979682.png

Reactions: Futurhythm
How will that work??

Put the front and back plates on top of the existing plates?????

Surely they won't fit!!!

Its a tight enough fit on just the plastic bracket.
incase you arent trolling joking me. ha

you simply take a thin card, in the states, its not a credit card, but like a supermarket (grocery store ) card, thinner plastic ... you can run it along side and pop the plates off front and back ... do it from the inside while steel is open ... esp by the corners, pops off pretty easy. the spine is glued, and while that can come off a diff way ... its a bit more work, so this one would be easier as the spine also has the inside art on it anyways.

incase you arent trolling joking me. ha

you simply take a thin card, in the states, its not a credit card, but like a supermarket (grocery store ) card, thinner plastic ... you can run it along side and pop the plates off front and back ... do it from the inside while steel is open ... esp by the corners, pops off pretty easy. the spine is glued, and while that can come off a diff way ... its a bit more work, so this one would be easier as the spine also has the inside art on it anyways.
I am not trolling you

I have modified steelbooks many times.

You suggested using the outer plates of the US best buy steelbook with the inner art of this steelbook.

How is that physically possible??

If you change the plates of this Japan art steelbook you are also changing the inner art and therefore back to square one.

You will end up with US outer and US inner artwork and Japanese art spine.

No matter which way you change the plates you will NEVER end up with a custom job with US outer art and inner Japanese art steelbook

Well, I don't know about that but I'd have definitely preferred the back without the Japanese title . . . with it not being a Japanese poster looks odd as is.

Also a big change of pace for the artist, Andrzej Dudzinski, considering his other movie posters from the same 1970s period...
His 1977 poster for JAWS sandwiched between his 1975 poster for THE THREE MUSKETEERS and his 1976 poster for THE FOUR MUSKETEERS although I wouldn't consider his "Jaws" "sexy" as the title suggests.
View attachment 481885 / View attachment 481887 / View attachment 481886
I'd kill for Polish poster art on my releases.

It's weird having two fronts, but kind of cool. I like it.
@willbar84 @Edwin Carroll and I'm missing someone....

Thanks mate :thumbs: I’m so in for all this all day long it screams Japan with a capital J!! but HMV (UK) exclusive

1597485717678.gif

Don’t matter I need it somehow someday this will be mine as I absolutely love Roger Kastel’s OG artwork for Jaws which features on the front of this and CM’s Lenti :drool::notworthy: