Jaws - 45th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Japanese Artwork Series #1) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

Miffed

Ginger Ninja
Premium Supporter
Jun 5, 2013
Guildford, England
Release date: October 5, 2020
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £24.99
Note: Limited to 2000 copies.
Showcasing original Japanese theatrical artwork, this essential collection perfectly blends the exuberant style of the Far East with the iconic art of Hollywood. Each release comes with a replica ‘chirashi’ mini-poster as would have been used to promote the film in Japanese cinemas, alongside the original English Language disc content.

cc20c08e-8e59-4016-a205-bcb610699fc6.jpg

99f7a5f2-7629-4cfd-98b0-4530eb6a3d8f.png
225d7408-1a45-41d1-bc44-9b11ed4d43bd.png
aed332d4-3359-486e-84a5-d823479c59af.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Those dreaded words

"Delivery to the UK only"
@Man_of_Steelbooks
As you are based in Rep of Ireland
I use An Post AddressPal to order releases from Store HMV Website
I then pick up delivery from my local An Post office and pay €3.95 fee

An Post AddressPal service gives you a virtual UK and USA address to order from retailers that don't deliver outside their country
Details below how to use AddressPal
An Post Website

An Post how it works

Just make sure your unique AddressPal number and address you are given once your register for addressPal service is in the delivery address you create in your account on HMV

An Post AddressPal in regards to UK retailers
You have 2 options delivery to your home or local post office
It's cheaper to collect from local post office

This one it’s a WCL edition limited to 120 :drool: with not many copies leaving mainland China

View attachment 481958
That's the one! I couldn't remember where from or if it was a slip or steel. I recall you posting it previously and I think the art looks great. Jaws needs a bit of something different with artwork, and that's taking nothing away from the classic design, but designs like this and the Japanese style art I think are needed with so much of the classic design out there.
This slip is a top edition for the collection for sure.

Would love to see somebody's collection with all the various artworks lined up once all in hand.

Reactions: willbar84
@Man_of_Steelbooks

An Post AddressPal service gives you a virtual UK and USA address to order from retailers that don't deliver outside their country
An Post Website

An Post how it works

Just make sure your unique AddressPal number and address you are given once your register for addressPal service is in the delivery address you create in your account on HMV

Thanks. I ended up doing this yesterday. Wish I had looked it up sooner.

Reactions: paulboland
I'd kill for Polish poster art on my releases.
They are certainly different ... maybe too different for my taste ... not sure I'd want these as front art on future steelbooks:-
CHRISTINE ........................................................................................................ THE SHINING ...........................................................................
1597493085822.png
1597493759231.png

PLANET OF THE APES ....................................................................... THE FLY .............................................................. ROSEMARY'S BABY ..........................................................................................
1597492627857.png
1597492678652.png
1597492760205.png

.............................. GREMLINS ......................................................... WEST SIDE STORY .................................. LABYRINTH ............................................................................................
1597492875826.png
1597492962315.png
1597493175376.png

............................... CROCODILE DUNDEE ................................. MIDNIGHT COWBOY ..................................................
1597493404360.png
1597493464433.png

That's the one! I couldn't remember where from or if it was a slip or steel. I recall you posting it previously and I think the art looks great. Jaws needs a bit of something different with artwork, and that's taking nothing away from the classic design, but designs like this and the Japanese style art I think are needed with so much of the classic design out there.
This slip is a top edition for the collection for sure.

Would love to see somebody's collection with all the various artworks lined up once all in hand.

For sure it’s a very unique piece in my collection, just love the rawness of the artwork which is a true exclusive piece that holds its own and doesn’t take anything away from the Iconic One Sheet that you see used all the time. Like you say with the release of the 4K disc it’s really opened up a whole lot of new various artworks other than the OG artwork for steelbook’s and slips which is great for the avid Jaws Collector. I will be going for all slips and steelbook’s except for the standalone WWA steelbook as I refuse to buy it again when is tucked away inside all the WWA premiums :LOL: so will make sure to post a collection shot when I have all in hand.

Reactions: St4rlord
They are certainly different ... maybe too different for my taste ... not sure I'd want these as front art on future steelbooks:-
CHRISTINE ........................................................................................................ THE SHINING ...........................................................................
View attachment 481984 View attachment 481988

PLANET OF THE APES ....................................................................... THE FLY .............................................................. ROSEMARY'S BABY ..........................................................................................
View attachment 481978 View attachment 481979 View attachment 481981
.............................. GREMLINS ......................................................... WEST SIDE STORY .................................. LABYRINTH ............................................................................................
View attachment 481982 View attachment 481983 View attachment 481985
............................... CROCODILE DUNDEE ................................. MIDNIGHT COWBOY ..................................................
View attachment 481986 View attachment 481987
I like them as individual pieces of artwork more than I do as movie posters or promotional material. They are however, the perfect aesthetic for actual Polish movies though.

Reactions: virkia
So, I see people saying that the back is a Polish poster art and the front is just the American poster art. Is this range just going to be Japanese by having some Japanese writing on them?

I am not trolling you

I have modified steelbooks many times.

You suggested using the outer plates of the US best buy steelbook with the inner art of this steelbook.

How is that physically possible??

If you change the plates of this Japan art steelbook you are also changing the inner art and therefore back to square one.

You will end up with US outer and US inner artwork and Japanese art spine.

No matter which way you change the plates you will NEVER end up with a custom job with US outer art and inner Japanese art steelbook
duh, magic.

See ... everyone has those moments, ya know those HEAD IN YOUR ASS moments ...

I'm an idiot ... carry along ....

View attachment 481984 View attachment 481988

View attachment 481978 View attachment 481979 View attachment 481981
View attachment 481982 View attachment 481983 View attachment 481985
View attachment 481986 View attachment 481987
Wow, thanks so much. Now I’m planning to buy that Shining poster!

@Man_of_Steelbooks

An Post Website

An Post how it works

Have you ever had any problems regarding the billing address while using addressPal with HMV?

Have you ever had any problems regarding the billing address while using addressPal with HMV?
You can list your Rep of Ireland address for billing but will list country as UK

Only issue that been happening in past 2 months
You will need to wait a few hours between doing different orders on same day

Hmv website has been causing orders to get failed payment notice if you do separate orders to quickly to each other

If you want to do separate orders for Jaws and Duel steelbooks for example

First order Jaws will process no issues
Wait a few hours before you try to do a new order for Duel or any other item you want to order

Or order both same time in 1 order if you want to avoid the failed payment problem.

Hmv security system is causing orders to get failed payment when it sees separate orders done within a few mins of each other
You then have to wait 6-12 hours before you can do a new order

Reactions: Man_of_Steelbooks
You can list your Rep of Ireland address for billing but will list country as UK

Only issue that been happening in past 2 months
You will need to wait a few hours between doing different orders on same day

Hmv website has been causing orders to get failed payment notice if you do separate orders to quickly to each other

If you want to do separate orders for Jaws and Duel steelbooks for example

First order Jaws will process no issues
Wait a few hours before you try to do a new order for Duel or any other item you want to order

Or order both same time in 1 order if you want to avoid the failed payment problem.

Hmv security system is causing orders to get failed payment when it sees separate orders done within a few mins of each other
You then have to wait 6-12 hours before you can do a new order

Which retailer do you work for?