Jaws (4K + Blu-ray Collector's Edition) (The Film Vault #006) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 4, 2023
Purchase links: Vice Press - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV (Vice Press Pre-order on May 29, at 6 PM UK time)
Price: £69.99 (Vice Press Poster Edition) - £49.99 (Collector's Edition)
Notes: Vice Press Exclusive Poster Edition limited to 200

Jaws_FVR_4K.jpg

Jaws Film Vault.jpg

Vice Press Exclusive Poster Edition

hl-26573170267.png hl-26573170260.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
Don't know how long it long lasted but yes, I got my order in at that time and it didn't immediately revert to sold out either so must have had a couple at least,

I had signed up to notify me when in stock, but there was no email I was just randomly checking in on all the sites throughout the day on the off chance some had become available.

Lucky as I was about to bite the bullet and pay the eBay markup, I didn't expect them to sell out so quickly...

Reactions: leelee17
it shows in stock but you cant order. Or at least tells me you cant
Exactly the same here, Jaws has been available to pre-order on Amazon UK for weeks, but get the same not available message when going to checkout. I've told Amazon about this, but they've done nothing about it. It's the same with a few other titles in this wave (or was), the only one I could order was 2001.

Exactly the same here, Jaws has been available to pre-order on Amazon UK for weeks, but get the same not available message when going to checkout. I've told Amazon about this, but they've done nothing about it. It's the same with a few other titles in this wave (or was), the only one I could order was 2001.
It's frustrating. The unfortunate likelihood is they have no stock for Jaws as it sold like hotcakes.

I do remember that Vice Press stated that they have fixed the internals surrounding the glass block for this new batch including Jaws, Shawshank etc., due to the major damages that was being caused by the glass block breaking, tearing and creasing the card surrounding it, however I have just seen an ebay listing for Shawshank that seems to show the exact same card internal/surround as the first lot, granted, this item doesn't look damaged, but I thought something different was going to be done.

Now i'm a bit nervous for my Jaws...:ohno:

shawshank internal pic.jpg

I do remember that Vice Press stated that they have fixed the internals surrounding the glass block for this new batch including Jaws, Shawshank etc., due to the major damages that was being caused by the glass block breaking, tearing and creasing the card surrounding it, however I have just seen an ebay listing for Shawshank that seems to show the exact same card internal/surround as the first lot, granted, this item doesn't look damaged, but I thought something different was going to be done.

Now i'm a bit nervous for my Jaws...:ohno:

View attachment 562457
Hmmm yeah dunno.. maybe they have strengthened the card insert for the plaque or something. I had that issue with my Scarface edition where one of the folds at the end was flimsy and the weight of the plaque basically pushed it down. Goodfellas was fine though

Nope, we were lied to, got my copy in from HMV today, and I knew something was wrong when I heard that un-mistaken sliding and thump noise when I turned it over. Unsealing it shows the exact same issues as before, crappy card surround, same form, same function, same thickness of card and nothing has changed. There are various creases in the card inlay, but at least this isn't torn to shreds, probably by pure luck than anything.

I'll have to use my previous technique of using a paperclip and some craft glue to try and glue those two flaps together, which may be a solution for me.

I've got to say, i'm extremely upset that we were told they has fixed this issues, but have clearly done NOTHING to change it. I will not be purchasing any new releases from this range unless WE SEE PHYSICAL IMAGES of a new design before any new releases.

I've got pics to show the issues:
Glasss block surround Jaws.jpg

Attachments

• Jaws Blu-ray holder surround.jpg
    Jaws Blu-ray holder surround.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 51
  • Jaws glass block surround hole.jpg
    Jaws glass block surround hole.jpg
    392.3 KB · Views: 48
What a piss-take. It’s not even as though they just ignored the previous complaints - they addressed them directly and claimed to have rectified the problem.

I don’t even see the point of the plaque (or whatever they’re calling it) to begin with. Is anyone actually going to be displaying a small block of boring ass glass? It’s just useless junk that’s going to be removed once at most, met with a ‘meh’ and shoved back in the box within a minute. The fact they’re actually causing damage to the packaging by clunking around in there makes the whole thing even more ridiculous.

Reactions: Mr Y Fronts
Nope, we were lied to, got my copy in from HMV today, and I knew something was wrong when I heard that un-mistaken sliding and thump noise when I turned it over. Unsealing it shows the exact same issues as before, crappy card surround, same form, same function, same thickness of card and nothing has changed. There are various creases in the card inlay, but at least this isn't torn to shreds, probably by pure luck than anything.

I'll have to use my previous technique of using a paperclip and some craft glue to try and glue those two flaps together, which may be a solution for me.

I've got to say, i'm extremely upset that we were told they has fixed this issues, but have clearly done NOTHING to change it. I will not be purchasing any new releases from this range unless WE SEE PHYSICAL IMAGES of a new design before any new releases.

I've got pics to show the issues:
View attachment 562493
Mine was the same mate. No damage though and everything is mint thankfully