Mondo Jaws Mondo Posters of originals recreated from Roger Kastel by Jason Edmiston

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
“JAWS by Roger Kastel” and “‘The Shark’ by Roger Kastel” go on sale Tuesday, July 3 at MondoTees.com.

a few excerpts from the Newsweek article.

“It’s like a forgery,” he added, after trying out “recreation” and finding it inadequate. “It sounds devious. But every step of the way we were consulting Roger and getting his approval.” The final touch was Roger Kastel’s autograph, on every one of the 560 screen prints.

Mondo’s release comes in two flavors. Each is 24” by 36” and released as a limited edition of 280 posters, printed by DL Screenprinting.

There’s “JAWS by Roger Kastel,” a recreation of the original Jaws movie poster, with its bright blues and airbrushed away nudity:

jawskastelbyedmiston1.png

And “‘ The Shark’ by Roger Kastel,” which captures the original painting done for the paperback book release, before the addition of text. Later adapted for the movie poster, this version, like the original painting, has a darker, more toned-down color palette:

jawskastelbyedmiston.png

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and C.C. 95
@tridon @C.C. 95 one of them should have been timed release. whichever is not signed by kastel and if they are both ... the one should have been timed and auto sig. More money to be made, and more people happy.

Might be possible that they premium price this tho kinda like the Bottleneck Struzan's thus makes the ordering process easier (if willing to shell out the big bucks)

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and C.C. 95
@tridon @C.C. 95 one of them should have been timed release. whichever is not signed by kastel and if they are both ... the one should have been timed and auto sig. More money to be made, and more people happy.

Might be possible that they premium price this tho kinda like the Bottleneck Struzan's thus makes the ordering process easier (if willing to shell out the big bucks)
So… They won't reveal the prices until it goes live?
Even at premium prices- that is a pretty skinny print run.

So… They won't reveal the prices until it goes live?
Even at premium prices- that is a pretty skinny print run.
yeah , surprised they arent just being sold at Jaws On Water event they do. doubt full run make it online, but one could hope.

Seems like a whole bunch of work tho for only 280 prints each. imo. 2 other artists helped with typography if i read correctly.

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95

Man, I love Struzan, but I couldn't pull the trigger on his Thing and Pan's prints. Those prices were nuts! But yeah, this should've been a timed release. They would've sold a ton.

• Thanks
yeah , surprised they arent just being sold at Jaws On Water event they do. doubt full run make it online, but one could hope.

Seems like a whole bunch of work tho for only 280 prints each. imo. 2 other artists helped with typography if i read correctly.
True.
Maybe they have a two tiered plan of release.
You're right- that is a lot of work for so little. So maybe later on down the line they will have more.

True.
Maybe they have a two tiered plan of release.
You're right- that is a lot of work for so little. So maybe later on down the line they will have more.

always more Jaws stuff. spread out across the license. But i would suspect the payments to Kastel and Edmiston and the others among legal, mondo etc. just seems like a small run for something so iconic. 350 I think would have been nicer and still be collectible in aftermarket etc.

Man, I love Struzan, but I couldn't pull the trigger on his Thing and Pan's prints. Those prices were nuts! But yeah, this should've been a timed release. They would've sold a ton.
I did on the Big Trouble, but couldnt on the bTTF but damn it looked nice.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Really need this one...
If anyone has fiber internet and fast fingers and wants to give it a shot to help me out, please PM me!
I'll pay you cost of the poster and a sealed numbered copy of single lenti HDzeta blade runner, plus my eternal gratitude.

ebay is going to be scary prices.

JAWS by Roger Kastel. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 280. Signed by Roger Kastel. Printed by DL Screenprinting. Expected to Ship in 7-10 Business Days. Ships to US & Canadian Addresses Only. $150

FFS

"Random time"makes it impossible. I have a life. I can't be staring at their website all day.
I really hate "random time" stuff.

Follow them on Twitter and enable post notifications from them on your phone.
I would expect them to post on Twitter when they have gone live. (Granted might not be enough time still)