John Wick (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: September 23, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order Saturday May 25 @ around 6pm UK time)
Price: £24.99
Notes: Debossed title

D7UqW0QX4AARcx7.jpg

Last edited:
Members outside UK
If you want free shipping just use code
ACFREE

It will say free shipping already applied but just ignore that message when you get to payment section you will see free shipping has been applied

Didn’t work for me. Says the automatic UK delivery is the better deal even though it’s not.

Any tips on how to bypass this

@Flloydo
@JH2067
@Bungral
@Hereticz

This is working again - just used it 2 minutes ago - good luck

Zavvi - 10% Discount

1) Put the item in your basket
2) Click this link HERE
3) Input this code: WELCOME346

Disabled again :rofl:

I’m not interested now anyway. I own the first 2 once and that’s enough for me. Plus I don’t agree with these prices

And I’ll get the new one once too

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
The bottom line is that the Welcome346 code doesn't work for everybody all the time, even at the times when it's working for others.
That code stopped working for me months ago. It doesn't work for me. It isn't because I'm too late and it's been "disabled"
It doesn't work for me when it goes live, 1 minute after, 5 minutes after, after it's disabled for others and then starts working again.

I'm only mentioning this for those of you who think that maybe you're getting there too late. It most likely isn't working for you at all.

Having said all that, I now always order from https://us.zavvi.com/ and use the 5off code on orders over $50 US (I order 2 copies to reach that amount and then sell one copy on. You of course could order another item to reach that amount)

WB distributing JW in UK ... wow.

I noticed the Warner logo on the spine as well which is why I ordered this and will order JW2 today since Warner usually means region free for standard blu-ray discs. I didn't realize the movies weren't Warner releases. I just checked my amaray copy and it shows the region "A" logo. I really hope the blu-ray discs in the SteelBooks are region free but there isn't any indication on Zavvi's site.

I noticed the Warner logo on the spine as well which is why I ordered this and will order JW2 today since Warner usually means region free for standard blu-ray discs. I didn't realize the movies weren't Warner releases. I just checked my amaray copy and it shows the region "A" logo. I really hope the blu-ray discs in the SteelBooks are region free but there isn't any indication on Zavvi's site.
UK cinema and home media distribution of John Wick 1 and 2 was Warner Bros
The UK steelbooks of John Wick 1 and 2 will have same Warner Blu-ray discs that was in previous UK releases
UK Warner Blu-ray Discs are Region Free

USA release was Lionsgate that's why the USA amaray release is Region A

UK Cinema release of John Wick was nearly a year after USA release
USA 2014
UK 2015

Distribution of films can often be different distributors in other countries

John Wick 3 UK cinema distribution and home media is Lionsgate UK
John Wick 3 UK home media release likely will be Region B locked

Last edited:
Reactions: Stygian
Missed the discount boat for this so not feeling very welcome.
As for the steelbook: apart from all those flying embers (yawn) and the title plastered right across the middle - fingers crossed for a good finish . . . with the title debossed and because it goes well with the upcoming JW 2 (hopefully with JW 3 too) it's a definite pre-order in my book.

Debossed title is an upgrade on previous with the same art:-
NM --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Germany ------------------------------------------------------------------- Japan -----------------------------------------------------------------------I
1558866984686.png /
1558867938807.png
/
1558868180619.png

Last edited:
Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
Missed the discount boat for this so not feeling very welcome.
As for the steelbook: apart from all those flying embers (yawn) and the title plastered right across the middle - fingers crossed for a good finish . . . with the title debossed and because it goes well with the upcoming JW 2 (hopefully with JW 3 too) it's a definite pre-order in my book.

Debossed title is an upgrade on previous with the same art:-
NM --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Germany ------------------------------------------------------------------- Japan -----------------------------------------------------------------------I
View attachment 429164 / View attachment 429175 / View attachment 429178

Have you tried the VCUK104K code for 10% off both JW1 and JW2 as well as other 4K items?

Apparently it's valid for May 26th only.

I prefer the other JW zavvi steelbook looking up the gun barrel.

At an unjustifiable £30, it's probably about time to knock steelbook collecting on the head.

Maybe I'll go back to collecting a library of films which are actually good, instead of within the confines of steel book releases, which are more often than not, mindless and soulless popcorn fodder blockbuster films or superhero movies.

Yeah I'm thinking about stopping as well

The days of quality releases in the £11-£15 range are just over. There's very little blood left in this stone, and now they're trying to get up to £40 for new releases? They can do one.