John Wick (4K Blu-ray SteelBook) (Novamedia Exclusive #26) [Korea]

Added to Calendar: 08-07-20

MM3

Jul 8, 2016
So they lied about the steelbooks having spot gloss? I hope I'm not imagining it, but I believe they previously mentioned spot gloss on the steels. Was going to order direct, but I think I'm going to save my money as I'm happy with all the original releases. Better for my wallet. I actually like the Zavvi 4K steels more than these despite not having any back art.

Reactions: djjez83

sminister

Premium Supporter
Apr 17, 2013
So they lied about the steelbooks having spot gloss? I hope I'm not imagining it, but I believe they previously mentioned spot gloss on the steels. Was going to order direct, but I think I'm going to save my money as I'm happy with all the original releases. Better for my wallet. I actually like the Zavvi 4K steels more than these despite not having any back art.
they posted a quick video
There is a touch.

http://instagr.am/p/CCpMcSqlCLs/

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 9, 2012
UK
I never understood the reasoning behind this re-release apart from obvious reason of just cash grabbing. The initial releases are of premium quality. All you need to do is pop in a 4k disc and you have the best of both worlds.

Nova have gone down in my estimation with this tactic (n)

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Aug 25, 2013
UK
I highly doubt any of these will ever sell out. Slips look nice, but not amazing. All the steels look poo

Covcraig

Premium Supporter
Dec 25, 2013
Delta City
They could have save this with some bossing and a high glossy finish. Could've turn out nice.

With atleast one more sequel in the works it throws the whole line up in the air as which design route will they go with for the next release? Will they do a WEA based on a poster art with gloss finish and o ring lenticular or one of these bland steels with a full sleeve lenticular. People who have committed to one line or the other will get shafted either way