John Wick: Chapter 2 (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: September 23, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order Sunday May 26 @ around 6 PM UK time)
Price: £24.99
Notes: Debossed title

D7UqW0VW0AEaWDH.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as releases matching the first two go the best so far is probably one from either Benelux, France or Germany (but the latter is slightly spoiled by "Kapitel" instead of "Chapter"):-
1567208837246.png

+
1567208297322.png
/
1567208533241.png
1567209078656.png
/
1567209759488.png

don't you think we'll get a new releases with matching artwork in the future?
I really really hope cause I really like the first 2 artworks but these releases are confusing the first 2 by Warner (hence matching artworks) while the 3rd one is Lionsgate, so I don’t know what happened here...

I'm not sure I understand comments about, or the need for releasing a matching set of 3 steelbooks in the future for any ongoing series.
If it's really, really, really important to you to get matching steelbooks in a series then why would you want 3 more releases of John Wick steelbooks when there is a 4th movie coming? If you want matching steelbooks then wait 25 years to life for the series to end. But the only way you can be sure that a series is over is if the actor playing the only main character dies. Even then you can't be sure.
There will probably be a John Wick 5. Studios just won't release a matching steelbook for a new release movie to match previous movies. It's not in their best interest. It makes more sense for them to continue to release something different because they know some people will buy it and then buy 4 more steelbooks when they release a matching set of 4 and then the cycle will continue.

Yes there are rare exceptions such as the Fast and Furious series. They continue to release matching steelbooks for that.

Remember, studios do what they feel is in their best interests, not yours.

All the "we pay a premium price for these steelbooks so they should make them match and not be lazy"(so tired of that word) comments
are ridiculous. 40 bucks in the studios eyes is not a premium price. You will never pay a price for anything in your life that the head of a studio would consider a "premium" price unless you're buying his house or his studio.

I'm not sure I understand comments about, or the need for releasing a matching set of 3 steelbooks in the future for any ongoing series.
If it's really, really, really important to you to get matching steelbooks in a series then why would you want 3 more releases of John Wick steelbooks when there is a 4th movie coming? If you want matching steelbooks then wait 25 years to life for the series to end. But the only way you can be sure that a series is over is if the actor playing the only main character dies. Even then you can't be sure.
There will probably be a John Wick 5. Studios just won't release a matching steelbook for a new release movie to match previous movies. It's not in their best interest. It makes more sense for them to continue to release something different because they know some people will buy it and then buy 4 more steelbooks when they release a matching set of 4 and then the cycle will continue.

Yes there are rare exceptions such as the Fast and Furious series. They continue to release matching steelbooks for that.

Remember, studios do what they feel is in their best interests, not yours.

All the "we pay a premium price for these steelbooks so they should make them match and not be lazy"(so tired of that word) comments
are ridiculous. 40 bucks in the studios eyes is not a premium price. You will never pay a price for anything in your life that the head of a studio would consider a "premium" price unless you're buying his house or his studio.
Can you shorten to be just 2 lines? that was too much for me to read in a day

:rofl:

Is 2 and 3 the same image but with higher contrast and more blood on his face? Surely they could use a different stance for the 3rd (or 2nd)
Just looking at where the legs are cropped seems to me that Benelux #1 and Germany #3 are using the exact same image and that France #2 is more zoomed in but impossible to be sure until all three are in-hand . . . one thing is pretty much guaranteed - the France steel will be gloss and the other two not.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: davhyl
Uncut? Are actually chapter 1 and 2 uncut now...?
UK 4K UHD Disc of John Wick Chapter 2 has the uncut version

John Wick Chapter 1 was uncut in UK in cinema and home media releases (no cuts)

UK John Wick Chapter 2 was Cut in UK for Cinema/Blu-ray/DVD releases) 15 Cert (23 seconds cut)
UK John Wick Chapter 2 (4K UHD disc is Uncut Version 18 cert)