Price: €29.99 (4K) - €24.99 (BD)

John-Wick-Parabellum-Steelbook-Edition-Limitee-Blu-ray-4K-Ultra-HD.jpg
John-Wick-Parabellum-Steelbook-Edition-Limitee-Blu-ray.jpg

John-Wick-Parabellum-Steelbook-Edition-Limitee-Blu-ray-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Ranavalone
But is there forced french subs for the non English dialogue

I thought somebody said there wouldn't be. Then I thought somebody just said that there was.

This is as confusing as people to trying to explain finishes on steelbooks. Anyway I just got my dispatch email.

Sounds like it's been confirmed that regular French subtitles can be turned off in the usual menu.

But there could still be 'burned in French text' for say, text messages displayed in the film or when foreign language is spoken by characters........

Still not confirmed its 100% English friendly.

Sounds like it's been confirmed that regular French subtitles can be turned off in the usual menu.

But there could still be 'burned in French text' for say, text messages displayed in the film or when foreign language is spoken by characters........

To be clear: only English subtitles are embedded when the characters do not speak English. French subtitles are removable.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: BluSteel2012

I take it this is just by simply selecting that option from the menu page?

What about when characters speak Asian or Russian whilst watching the English language version?
To be clear: only English subtitles are embedded when the characters do not speak English. French subtitles are removable.
So it’s the English/American version of the movie, with English text for the non-English spoken parts.
The french text/subtitles for non-English spoken parts would be overlain upon selection of French subtitles?

I have no issue with forced subs, I can remove those. The only issues I would have is if there are hardcoded french subs over some of the English parts, then they can't be removed because there burned into the picture itself.

I've been charged for this but it has not shipped yet. Would imagine later today or tomorrow.

I'm taking it that the 4K logo is on the 4K steelbook but not the regular edition......?
Unboxing video post#144 is the 4K Steelbook (2 Discs 4K UHD Disc and Blu-ray Disc)
No UHD logo on the spine

Screenshot of that video unboxing
Screenshot (162).png

2D Blu-ray Steelbook the same steelbook only difference is discs included and Jcard
Not sure if Blu-ray only edition comes with Continental collector card

One steelbook print run would have covered both 4K and Blu-ray editions
Cost saving not having to do a seperate spine for UHD release

Last edited:
That's why I was asking. So why creating a picture with the 4k logo on the spine. That's strange, but ok.
Retailers website listing are only mock ups and not actual photos of a steelbook you will receive so sometimes the actual steelbook will differ to a mock up shown

Some steelbooks get different spines for UHD or Blu-ray releases but sometimes they just use 1 steelbook for both with only difference the number of disc hubs inside.
Jcard would list UHD Logo for the 4K release
Most of steelbook print run would have been for Blu-ray release.

It don't bother me if a UHD steelbook release does not have UHD logo on a spine
It's more important it has a title on the spine than having UHD or Blu-ray Logo's

UK 4K Steelbook just has title on the spine no logos