E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: John Wick: Chapter Two

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Chad Stahelski [/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Keanu Reeves, Ian McShane, Bridget Moynahan, Laurence Fishburne and more...[/ACTOR]

Plot: In Development - Sequel to 2014's well received actioner starring Keanu Reeves. The continuing adventures of former hitman, John Wick.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
1-jpg.270031
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Teaser:

IMDB

Per this post at Firstshowing, one of the most badass action flicks will see a sequel. This fan is pleased :D

johnwick-reeves-redandblue-tsr.jpg

Yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back…again. Last year, plenty of people found a lot to love about the locked and loaded action thriller John Wick starring Keanu Reeves. The action was slick, the story was cool, and Reeves was perfect in the role. Now it sounds like we might get Wicked all over again as Chad Stahelski & David Leitch spoke with Movies.com, and they revealed that John Wick 2 is in development right now. However, saying that the sequel is in development doesn't mean it will definitely happen, but at least the duo has been having some kind of discussion about it, though we're not sure if that includes the studio yet.

Some of this talk could just be chalked up to the fact that John Wick hits Blu-Ray and DVD today, so talk of a sequel would help move some units probably. But Stahelski and Leitch elaborated a little bit about how they're approaching the idea of a sequel:

"We have ideas for days and without blinking twice we know we can outdo the action from the original. It’s the matter of story and how much you like the character. That’s always the most important. If there’s great action but you have a character that no one likes and doesn’t have charisma you’re not going to watch it. Look at any great action star, whether it’s Harrison Ford or Liam Neeson or Robert Downey Jr., pick a name, you love the guy first. Good action, bad action, you just love them in action. So we want to make sure we have a story and a character that everybody loves and then we’ll dress it with action that we promise will be awesome."

We're just glad that the directing duo is smart enough to not just pump up the action, and they want to stay true to the character and story. As for whether or not Reeves is up for another outing as John Wick, Stahelski says, "If we could work with Keanu Reeves for ten movies you’d have a really cool career." Considering how much people loved John Wick, we're betting Reeves would be down for more action, but that's only if the script is up to par. Remember, Reeves didn't want anything to do with Speed 2: Cruise Control, which was probably a pretty smart decision. Stay tuned to see if John Wick 2 ends up happening.

Awesome news. I loved the little details of the world that surrounded Keanu Reeves' character in the flick. The clean-up crew comes to mind... as well as how the cops don't really interfere with things, they just kinda let it all play out. Then there's the hotel and the rules that all the assassins must follow. I'm excited to see how they expand that world.

As long as Reeves is on board, I really wouldn't want a sequel with a different lead. I also have faith in these guys to not pull a taken 2/3.

I'd love to see more about the Continental, but I wouldn't be upset if the sequel is more of a prequel. Something that showcases what the Continental is all about, and then shows us the impossible task.

ETA: I attempted to use spoiler tags. Sorry, couldn't get it to work. Hope this is not a giveaway; if it is, feel free to edit or comment and I will make it go away :shy:

Awesome to hear! Just got done watching the first one about a week ago...has a lot of potential to grow into a trilogy even. He's going to come back and unleash his Pitbull on 'em!

F**K YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot: :notworthy: :thumbs:

It’s Official: Keanu Reeves to Return for John Wick 2! :cool:

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...anu-reeves-to-return-for-john-wick-2#/slide/1
Lionsgate has officially confirmed today that it plans to produce a sequel to 2014’s critically-acclaimed revenge thriller John Wick. Keanu Reeves will return as Wick along with directors David Leitch and Chad Stahelski and screenwriter, Derek Kolstad. John Wick 2 will be released through Lionsgate’s Summit Entertainment and will be produced by Thunder Road’s Basil Iwanyk, who produced the first film.

“With such tremendous fan and critical support for ‘John Wick,’ we knew that there was still so much more of this story to tell,” says Jason Constantine, President of Acquisitions and Co-Productions. “We are thrilled that Keanu, David and Chad have re-teamed with us and promise to bring audiences even more excitement the second time around.”

popcorn2.gif

‘John Wick 2′ Shoots This Fall [Updated]
http://www.slashfilm.com/john-wick-2-shoots-this-fall/
tumblr_ndwmyw2MhJ1r04g55o1_500.gif

Keanu Reeves is about to put on a sharp suit once again for the sequel to 2014 the sleeper success John Wick, in which Reeves played a back-from-retirement assassin on a mission of personal vengeance.

Chad Stahelski is back to direct and presumably oversee the film’s action scenes — a big part of the popularity ofJohn Wick in the first place was the great action and stunt work put together by Leitch and Stahelski, who spent much of their career in the stunt realm.

*Update: While we originally reported that David Leitch would co-direct with Stahelski, following the way in which the two made the first film, Collider now reports that Stahelski will direct John Wick 2 solo. Leitch will be credited as an exec producer.
popcorn2.gif

New and old faces on board for 'JOHN WICK 2' :woot: :cool: :thumbs:

Source: ComingSoon.net
Deadline is reporting that a whole assortment of old and new faces are signing up to board the Keanu Reeves action sequel John Wick 2, including returning characters Aurelio (John Leguizamo), Hotel Manager Charon (Lance Reddick), Jimmy (Tom Sadowski) and the title character’s deceased wife Helen Wick (Bridget Moynahan). Also onboard the John Wick 2 cast as fresh faces are Ruby Rose, Riccardo Scamarcio, and the incomparable character actor Peter Stormare, who has showed off his action chops in Bad Boys II and 22 Jump Street.

They will be joining the previously-announced returnee Ian McShane and new addition Common playing the sequel’s main villain, the head of security for a female crime lord.

“In the follow up to last year’s adrenaline-fueled revenge and redemption thriller,” reads the sequel’s temporarily minimal plot synopsis, “legendary hit man John Wick is back.”
johnwick.jpg

popcorn2.gif

Reactions: Flloydo