Joker (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Added to Calendar: 01-07-20

Oct 9, 2019
Wasn't going to share this, because my opinion of it keeps changing... one minute I like it, the next minute I hate it lol.

But anyway... here's my last minute concept that is far from what I originally wanted to do - I left it too late and other folks already beat me to the punch by using the "better" poster art in their concepts and, well... I like to be different. :p

View attachment 456763
My Respect, I would buy it. The Best Buy one is good, but also not the best. This one is more creative.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Apr 21, 2019
Man this sold out almost instantly. That said, if anyone wants it, I’d recommend checking BB daily. I grabbed one yesterday afternoon when I randomly checked for stock. FYI, it didn’t have a buy option from the front page of the app, but when I clicked through I could get it shipped. I’d assume that some stores will get some stock Between tomorrow and Tuesday, because orders for pickup are held 5 days then returned to stock. I do not know if they’ll show up in inventory online. Sometimes stores have Steels even though the app says they don’t.

Reactions: MrMercury

dfoles

Scanner Ninja
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
Check your local store, mine still shows no stock online or on Zoolert, but they had 3 out on the floor today.

eau

Aug 15, 2019
Oh man, look at all that text on the back! Come on WB what's wrong with you? That could have been put on the inside. o_O

View attachment 458768
Agreed. That's why they invented J-card in the first place to put all that crap so that they could leave the actual steelbook unmolested :facepalm:

I missed the opportunity to preorder it online, so I went to the store early just before it opened. I had to wait half an hour for them to local it (the system said they had like a dozen copy but none was seen on the sale floor). By the evening on the release day most stores in my district were sold out.

Reactions: AcIDc0r3
Apr 21, 2019
i just got my copy and this art is growing on me, i got it in a jiffy bag so my heart was pounding like crazy but luckily it arrived safe n sound :)
Same here. Honestly, I trust Jiffy bags more than most boxes from Best Buy. I ordered a ton of steels around Black Friday and they sent them loose in a box (although there was a few of those air bags at the bottom. I ended up exchanging virtually every one they sent. I also like the Jiffy bags, because if I decide to sell a disk, it’s some extra cushioning within the box. Personally I use a hair dryer to unseal them, so I can make sure it’s sealed when I reuse the bag.

Reactions: tono06
Nov 6, 2017
Surprised to see that these are selling for a premium on ebay. At that price you might as well go for a premium edition

Those are going for 50$-60$ on ebay. Just released U’mania release is going for above 100$. And I’m not sure, with the most recent news from Manta shifting their business towards being Warner’s regular retailer in HK , when we will see WEA for Joker.

Apr 21, 2019
Those are going for 50$-60$ on ebay. Just released U’mania release is going for above 100$. And I’m not sure, with the most recent news from Manta shifting their business towards being Warner’s regular retailer in HK , when we will see WEA for Joker.
And 50 is probably not a huge profit. I think I paid about 38 after tax for my copy. If you sell it for 50, Ebay takes 10%, PayPal takes 3%, so you’re down to 43.50 and you still have to ship it. Hardly seems worth the effort. now at 60, it’d be alright.

That said, i can sere why it’s relatively high: It sold out in most stores within a day. I got lucky when I looked online and it happened to be in stock for a few hours.

Nov 6, 2017
And 50 is probably not a huge profit. I think I paid about 38 after tax for my copy. If you sell it for 50, Ebay takes 10%, PayPal takes 3%, so you’re down to 43.50 and you still have to ship it. Hardly seems worth the effort. now at 60, it’d be alright.

That said, i can sere why it’s relatively high: It sold out in most stores within a day. I got lucky when I looked online and it happened to be in stock for a few hours.
Ebay takes 12% for movies, games and music. Usually it ends up to be 15-16% in total fees including paypal.

• Wow
Reactions: Steely-Booked

eau

Aug 15, 2019
Same here. Honestly, I trust Jiffy bags more than most boxes from Best Buy. I ordered a ton of steels around Black Friday and they sent them loose in a box (although there was a few of those air bags at the bottom. I ended up exchanging virtually every one they sent. I also like the Jiffy bags, because if I decide to sell a disk, it’s some extra cushioning within the box. Personally I use a hair dryer to unseal them, so I can make sure it’s sealed when I reuse the bag.
I ordered a bunch of steels from BB during the holiday sale and most of them arrived dented or with loose discs, regardless of being shipped in a box or bubble poly mailer. That's mainly because they were shelf copies shipped from stores, instead of mint copies from the warehouse. I went to several stores to find a good copy of each of the damaged ones to exchange. The stores got multiple copies and a lot of them were dented as well (which was why you got a bad copy picked out for your order).

Basically, for BB steels, if it is a preorder, you almost always get a mint copy from the warehouse which they ship out few days before the official release. If it's a steel that has been out for a week or more, it's likely to be shipped from a store, in which case you would be getting a copy that has gone through many hands in the store.

• Informative
Reactions: Steely-Booked