GA
Release date: January 7, 2020
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

1570818137574.png

joker_bbsteelbook-jpg.450509

Last edited:
Wasn't going to share this, because my opinion of it keeps changing... one minute I like it, the next minute I hate it lol.

But anyway... here's my last minute concept that is far from what I originally wanted to do - I left it too late and other folks already beat me to the punch by using the "better" poster art in their concepts and, well... I like to be different. :p

View attachment 456763
My Respect, I would buy it. The Best Buy one is good, but also not the best. This one is more creative.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Man this sold out almost instantly. That said, if anyone wants it, I’d recommend checking BB daily. I grabbed one yesterday afternoon when I randomly checked for stock. FYI, it didn’t have a buy option from the front page of the app, but when I clicked through I could get it shipped. I’d assume that some stores will get some stock Between tomorrow and Tuesday, because orders for pickup are held 5 days then returned to stock. I do not know if they’ll show up in inventory online. Sometimes stores have Steels even though the app says they don’t.

Reactions: MrMercury
Check your local store, mine still shows no stock online or on Zoolert, but they had 3 out on the floor today.

Oh man, look at all that text on the back! Come on WB what's wrong with you? That could have been put on the inside. o_O

View attachment 458768

Agreed. That's why they invented J-card in the first place to put all that crap so that they could leave the actual steelbook unmolested :facepalm:

I missed the opportunity to preorder it online, so I went to the store early just before it opened. I had to wait half an hour for them to local it (the system said they had like a dozen copy but none was seen on the sale floor). By the evening on the release day most stores in my district were sold out.

Reactions: Lone Crusader
i just got my copy and this art is growing on me, i got it in a jiffy bag so my heart was pounding like crazy but luckily it arrived safe n sound :)
Same here. Honestly, I trust Jiffy bags more than most boxes from Best Buy. I ordered a ton of steels around Black Friday and they sent them loose in a box (although there was a few of those air bags at the bottom. I ended up exchanging virtually every one they sent. I also like the Jiffy bags, because if I decide to sell a disk, it’s some extra cushioning within the box. Personally I use a hair dryer to unseal them, so I can make sure it’s sealed when I reuse the bag.

Reactions: tono06
Surprised to see that these are selling for a premium on ebay. At that price you might as well go for a premium edition

Surprised to see that these are selling for a premium on ebay. At that price you might as well go for a premium edition

Those are going for 50$-60$ on ebay. Just released U’mania release is going for above 100$. And I’m not sure, with the most recent news from Manta shifting their business towards being Warner’s regular retailer in HK , when we will see WEA for Joker.

Those are going for 50$-60$ on ebay. Just released U’mania release is going for above 100$. And I’m not sure, with the most recent news from Manta shifting their business towards being Warner’s regular retailer in HK , when we will see WEA for Joker.
And 50 is probably not a huge profit. I think I paid about 38 after tax for my copy. If you sell it for 50, Ebay takes 10%, PayPal takes 3%, so you’re down to 43.50 and you still have to ship it. Hardly seems worth the effort. now at 60, it’d be alright.

That said, i can sere why it’s relatively high: It sold out in most stores within a day. I got lucky when I looked online and it happened to be in stock for a few hours.

And 50 is probably not a huge profit. I think I paid about 38 after tax for my copy. If you sell it for 50, Ebay takes 10%, PayPal takes 3%, so you’re down to 43.50 and you still have to ship it. Hardly seems worth the effort. now at 60, it’d be alright.

That said, i can sere why it’s relatively high: It sold out in most stores within a day. I got lucky when I looked online and it happened to be in stock for a few hours.
Ebay takes 12% for movies, games and music. Usually it ends up to be 15-16% in total fees including paypal.

• Wow
Reactions: Steely-Booked
Same here. Honestly, I trust Jiffy bags more than most boxes from Best Buy. I ordered a ton of steels around Black Friday and they sent them loose in a box (although there was a few of those air bags at the bottom. I ended up exchanging virtually every one they sent. I also like the Jiffy bags, because if I decide to sell a disk, it’s some extra cushioning within the box. Personally I use a hair dryer to unseal them, so I can make sure it’s sealed when I reuse the bag.
I ordered a bunch of steels from BB during the holiday sale and most of them arrived dented or with loose discs, regardless of being shipped in a box or bubble poly mailer. That's mainly because they were shelf copies shipped from stores, instead of mint copies from the warehouse. I went to several stores to find a good copy of each of the damaged ones to exchange. The stores got multiple copies and a lot of them were dented as well (which was why you got a bad copy picked out for your order).

Basically, for BB steels, if it is a preorder, you almost always get a mint copy from the warehouse which they ship out few days before the official release. If it's a steel that has been out for a week or more, it's likely to be shipped from a store, in which case you would be getting a copy that has gone through many hands in the store.

• Informative
Reactions: Steely-Booked
This has been restocked and is currently available on Bestbuy's website!

It's currently $34.99, so I'm hoping this gets a black friday price over the next week or two and I can get a refund. But either way I'm happy I got this on 4k steelbook for a reasonable price!

Reactions: MrMercury