GA
Release date: January 7, 2020
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

1570818137574.png

joker_bbsteelbook-jpg.450509

Last edited:
@willbar84 you seen the reveal, I really like it, what's your thoughts?

Thanks for the tag mate :thumbs: no I hadn’t so it was a nice surprise to wake up to. I really like the front and the unique spine title direction/placement but yeah that ho hum back makes me want to keep this one sealed. As mentioned WB are back to there old tricks with the credits on the back, if these are truly necessary I’m sure I’ve seen it in the past where they have tucked them under the Blu-Ray recess to remain partially hidden.

Reactions: GeoRattray
I really like the front and the unique spine title direction/placement. As mentioned WB are back to there old tricks with the credits on the back, if these are truly necessary I’m sure I’ve seen it in the past where they have tucked them under the Blu-Ray recess to remain partially hidden.
Vertical titles rare but not unique (in the UK).
As for text on the back: WB nowadays usually have it inside on the left like for example here on A STAR IS BORN ...
1570841350830.png

... but with dead space on the back and full left side artwork I can see that not being ideal and that's why they've reverted back to old school:-
1570841845463.png
1570841879559.png

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: willbar84
With credits on the back?
For non premium retailer steelbooks I don't care about back artwork, inside artwork, recycled artwork, inaccurate artwork, artwork from previous movies, disc artwork, titles on the front, gloss, embossing or debossing.

Just as long as the image on the front of the steelbook is pleasing and not crap.

That's all I care about.

If anybody really expects a steelbook to have any of the above then don't pre-order steelbooks.

Stick to the premium retailers because in 2019 if you want any of these features then what you are requesting is a "premium" steelbook.
There are no more "lazy" or "boring" or "missed opportunities" on non premium retailer steelbooks.

They are what they are now. :)
you really do care now?

sorry i couldn't resist...:rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: Stygian
This is like the opposite of the Breakfast Club steelbook for me. I love this artwork but hated the movie. Not sure if loving the artwork will be enough to purchase. Maybe if it doesn't sell out and goes on sale and I have rewards certificates available.....

Group buy posted. Note that since WB likes to do WWA, I cannot refund if you change your mind. Make sure before you purchase please!

Thanks

Wasn't going to share this, because my opinion of it keeps changing... one minute I like it, the next minute I hate it lol.

But anyway... here's my last minute concept that is far from what I originally wanted to do - I left it too late and other folks already beat me to the punch by using the "better" poster art in their concepts and, well... I like to be different. :p

#171 Joker (SC).png

Got my ship notices from Best Buy.

If anyone still needs help, there are a few copies available in the GB