JSDVD - SteelBook Retailer Thread

logo.gif

Feel free to discuss shipping, customer service, availabity, etc about this retailer here.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) What is the link to JSDVD?
A) http://dvd.jsdvd.com/index.php?language=us

Q) I haven't mastered Taiwanese yet - how can I read the site?!
A) Install Google translate on your browser or click on the English sign:
icon.gif

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Click HERE to create an account >> Fill in details >> click on 'continue' >> Done

Q) Do they ship outside of Taiwan?
A) Yes, worldwide delivery, various shipping options available. EMS shipping price list HERE

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) Cardboard Box, with enough bubblewrap to keep things safe. See pics: (Thanks to The Rainmaker)
As promised, here are the pictures of the packaging by JSDVD. Please feel free to add these pics to the OP so that everyone can have a look before buying from them.

I find their packaging totally bulletproof. As you can see in the first picture, the box arrived in a completely bashed and torn condition:

View attachment 43021

View attachment 43022

They used 3 layers of bubble wrap on the outside that absorbed the impacts of the outside world:

View attachment 43023

Inside those 3 outer layers of bubble, each individual steelbook was wrapped in 3-4 layers of bubble on each side:

View attachment 43024

And finally, the flawless steelbook:

View attachment 43025

I hope I could help ;)

Cheers :thumbs:
Q) Is the retailer custom's friendly? (i.e will they mark as gift, or low value).
A) Very friendly - just add your note in the comments box:
rsz_jsdvd.jpg

Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged for the ITEM upon ordering, but shipping costs are charged separately once ready for dispatch. (you will receive an email, check spam folder)

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Card only - TIP - when paying ensure you click on 'Perform normal payment' shown here:

rsz_1jsvspayment.jpg

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) Yes - overall a very good, reliable site to order from.

Cancellations: Send an email to [email protected], including the number of the order you wish to cancel. He'll get back to you as soon as he can.

Replacements: are issued if in stock, if not a refund will be offered.
Refunds: They are normally processed within a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
im sure you probably could cancel. I'm not so sure on shipping to France. I know that I just recently paid $20 for shipping alone for 2 movies to USA ... so I would suspect something like that for you too possibly. fyi.

Reactions: gaeljet
Hey guys,

Placed an order yesterday and the money has gone from my bank account but I didn't see the order on my JSDVD account. I have now received an e-mail from Hu apologizing for a mistake by TWV and telling me to repeat the checkout. Has this happened to any one else?

seems familiar...

i ordered on sunday night, the payment was said to be succesfull, i even received an e mail

i wait i wait, but no order confirmation, so i check my account, no order made it says !

i explain this yesterday by mail, here's what i got this morning as an "answer":

"Dear Customer,
We apologize for the mistake of TWV, please replace your order step by step:
(1).Checkout.
(2).Payment Method: please choose Check/Money Order.
(3).Order Confirmation.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Best Regards
Hu ^_^
JSDVD.com"

here's what i replied
"

hello

i don't undesrtand, apparently the transaction was successful, meaning that i ll already be charged, i don't want to re order and be charged a second time , moreover if it is to have no order made in reality...

"

Reactions: Jace88
They responded by saying don't worry (2) Payment method: please choose Check/Money Order. I really don't know what to do next....any help?

^^I placed another order using the option money order and added that I've already paid through credit card. My order is processing at the moment, so fingers crossed. I'll pm you if the start asking me for shipping money