USA
Release: December 1st, 2014
Purchase: Jumanji (Sold Out!)
Price: £14.99
Notes: Gloss, Embossed
Group Buy: Click HERE

JUMANJI SBR24029SBUV_3D EARLY TRADE - THE HUT STEELBOOK EXCLUSIVE.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, got mine yesterday and watched it last night.... Can't believe I'm 37 and had managed to avoid Jumanji all these years! Really good film - perfect for a Sunday afternoon. Very glad I picked this up. Can't imagine many others 'blind buying' this!!!
Sadly a steelbook release is the only reason why some people will ever buy a movie.

Steelbook perfection! This is why I got into collecting steelbooks in the first place! Whoever designed this needs a raise, I know it's the natural choice for the artwork but when it comes to the design of some steelbooks there is no such thing as logic. They even thought to make the "steelbook" writing on the back small and blend it in with the wood effect when it could have been an eyesore a ruined the whole thing.

I've just received mine and I'm a little confused, is it just the title jumanji and the name robin williams that is embossed? And then the box part is the sides and the reeds . All the photos I've seen make the other border look embossed too that goes the outside of the oval images or is everyone elses flat ?

"It's got a nice case around the disc! Must get now!"

Jumanji could have been purchased for 5 dollars for the longest time now.

If you're gonna go that route, then why post on a steelbook forum? Every single movie I own as a steelbook could've been had for a fraction of the price with amarays. Clearly, that's not the priority on a Steelbook Collector's forum.

This is how all steelbooks should be!
Everything about this is perfect, and at a decent price too.
My dwindling enthusiasm for steelbooks has been reignited by this one.
This is a most serious contender for SOTY2014.

This was waiting for me when I got home, and thankfully it is flawless.
Not sure if it's good enough to be steelbook of the year, but the debossing is nice and the gold shine that comes through on the animal portraits is really nice.
The inside art is the cherry on the top though!

Last edited:
Reactions: harry
This is fantastic design the interior is amazing the only thing that let's it's down ..... is the gloss. Sadly it would have been better as matte because ethene it's old like the game . Looking at anchorman that is the finish that this should have been . Other than that a great steel but not in my top 5 of the year

Now showing as 'sold out' again at Zavvi. I placed an order with the 10% code not half an hour ago, I really hope they fulfil my order. :ohno:

@lights i have Mulan steelbook in my Disney collection, its great steelbook,and has awesome back artwork. But in my opinion Robin Hood, Pocahontas and Tangled are much better.