Jurassic World (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 19th, 2015
Purchase link: Jurassic World (UK shipping only)
Price: £19.99
HDN Group Buy Hosted by: Naughtius Maximus < Click

CIbD590WEAA8GGC.jpg

Last edited:
£20 isn't that cheap considering XMen DoFP and Dawn of the PotA were £15.
Also, 99% of Universal discs are like that, they're standard Western Europe Universal Studios discs. :thumbs:
I ordered mine at the time with a 15% off code for €21. Works out about £15.40.

Brilliant price for a new release 2 disc 3D Steelbook IMO.

Sorry, meant cheap compared to Zavvi's rip off £25+ that sometimes don't even include a 3D disc. I'm glad HMV have this exclusive and not Zavvi who had the first 3 as you could guarantee they would of put a extra few £ on
£20 isn't that cheap considering XMen DoFP and Dawn of the PotA were £15.
Also, 99% of Universal discs are like that, they're standard Western Europe Universal Studios discs. :thumbs:

Reactions: davhyl
Just a heads up to be wary of HMV's instore returns policy, where I'd bought 2 copies of Jurassic World last Week.

Dreaded dings in the edges of both copies (under J-Card so not visible prior to purchase). Not horrendous but noticeable, so returned & requested exchange for the 2 in stock.

Assistant refused as cellophane had been removed and inferred I'd used the UV copy, therefore no exchange (even for same title). Assistant added the caveat "I'm not saying you have", but the inference from the assistant was clear.

I reiterated the issue was with the Steel packaging itself, and not having the benefit of X-Ray vision I wasn't able to see the dents before opening.

Not budging, assistant then suggested I'd dropped the Steel books & was returning them for new copies (again inferring foul play).

Needless to say, i was bloody furious.

After many Years shopping at HMV instore and online, this is the first time in a long time I've had to return anything instore, but I'm now going to deal online only where the returns process, although slightly cumbersome & time consuming, at least if I have an issue i don't feel like a criminal for reporting it....

Just a heads up to be wary of HMV's instore returns policy, where I'd bought 2 copies of Jurassic World last Week.

Dreaded dings in the edges of both copies (under J-Card so not visible prior to purchase). Not horrendous but noticeable, so returned & requested exchange for the 2 in stock.

Assistant refused as cellophane had been removed and inferred I'd used the UV copy, therefore no exchange (even for same title). Assistant added the caveat "I'm not saying you have", but the inference from the assistant was clear.

I reiterated the issue was with the Steel packaging itself, and not having the benefit of X-Ray vision I wasn't able to see the dents before opening.

Not budging, assistant then suggested I'd dropped the Steel books & was returning them for new copies (again inferring foul play).

After many Years shopping at HMV instore and online, this is the first time in a long time I've had to return anything instore, but I'm now going to deal online only where the returns process, although slightly cumbersome & time consuming, at least if I have an issue i don't feel like a criminal for reporting it....
That is utterly discraceful. Which HMV branch is this ?, UK or Ireland ?, if the UK, you should have been offered replacements as a matter of UK LAW or if not available a refund. The sales assistant had no right to question you the way he/she did.

I would contact the HMV branch manager and complain about the assistant (or the Head office) and/or your local trading standards office who may help more.

Utterly fuming hearing this treatment of customers.

I think you picked a jobsworth mate, I've returned steels before and they have been brilliant with me...

Does any stores still have this in stock? I suspect this was a pretty low print run for the UK as I've been to 3 stores and none have his in, plus it's been removed from their online store too.

Does any stores still have this in stock? I suspect this was a pretty low print run for the UK as I've been to 3 stores and none have his in, plus it's been removed from their online store too.

Ive looked in a few HMV's (Oxford street london, Hastings) there are none.

I think the print run must have been low.

Also i noticed they are selling the 3D bluray amaray and it doesnt include the 2D disc, tisk tisk Universal.

Reactions: jitstark
Ive looked in a few HMV's (Oxford street london, Hastings) there are none.

I think the print run must have been low.

Also i noticed they are selling the 3D bluray amaray and it doesnt include the 2D disc, tisk tisk Universal.
This is why the HMV steelbook sold well because it contains both 2D and 3D Discs

The 3D Amaray release in the UK is only 1 Disc
Universal UK for some reason went with 1 Disc only for the 3D standard release
Some customers sent a complaint to universal and were sent a 2D Disc for free

Not sure why Universal UK did this as it is still a UK requirement that 3D release be backwards compatible with a 2D only Blu-ray Player and you achieve this by providing a 2D Disc with a 3D release or have both 2D and 3D on the same Disc

Last edited:
This is why the HMV steelbook sold well because it contains both 2D and 3D Discs

The 3D Amaray release in the UK is only 1 Disc
Universal UK for some reason went with 1 Disc only for the 3D standard release
Some customers sent a complaint to universal and were sent a 2D Disc for free

Not sure why Universal UK did this as it is still a UK requirement that 3D release be backwards compatible with a 2D only Blu-ray Player and you achieve this by providing a 2D Disc with a 3D release or have both 2D and 3D on the same Disc

The first wave of 3D sets had the 2D disc also, but for some reason the rest were recalled and released with just a 3D disc.

That is utterly discraceful. Which HMV branch is this ?, UK or Ireland ?, if the UK, you should have been offered replacements as a matter of UK LAW or if not available a refund. The sales assistant had no right to question you the way he/she did.

I would contact the HMV branch manager and complain about the assistant (or the Head office) and/or your local trading standards office who may help more.

Not sure about UK, but in Ireland HMV only give you store credit to the value of your return item. There's a time frame on that also. Think it's 14 days or something. But that's only if you change your mind.

Your item was damaged. And the goods were not fit for purpose. For that you are entitled to a refund according to the sales of goods act.

And if it was me I would have got a full refund and then went and purchased the remaining 2 copies with the money!!!

Not sure about UK, but in Ireland HMV only give you store credit to the value of your return item. There's a time frame on that also. Think it's 14 days or something. But that's only if you change your mind.

Your item was damaged. And the goods were not fit for purpose. For that you are entitled to a refund according to the sales of goods act.

And if it was me I would have got a full refund and then went and purchased the remaining 2 copies with the money!!!
In HMV Ireland and Xtra-Vision stores
If you have a item purchased that is damaged you can have a replacement or refund if returned within 30 days

Items purchased or ordered in store
Unwanted Items - You can return any item for a refund as long as it's in its original packaging within 7 days of you receiving your order.

Online Orders
Consumer Rights Directive

(You are entitled to a cooling-off period of 14 days, which begins on the day that you receive the goods. In the case of a service, the cooling-off period begins on the day the contract for distance selling was concluded.
During the cooling-off period, you can cancel a distance contract without giving a reason and without incurring charges or penalties, other than possible charges incurred in returning the goods.

If a trader fails to provide you with information on the right to cancel, the cooling-off period is extended to 12 months from the date it would have expired if the information had been provided. If the trader provides the information within this 12-month period, the cooling-off period expires within 14 days of the consumer receiving it.)

Store Credit is only offered were it's an unwanted item that's been used as not in its original packaging
Note
If you used a digital copy code item purchased is considered used and not refundable
Store Credit is only meant to be offered for used not sealed unwanted items and up to the store to offer that or not

I have had damaged items and at all times my local HMV store replaced with new copy when damage shown to staff

It's not HMV store policy to offer store credit for damaged items purchased if returned within 30 days
Any damaged items purchased the sale of goods act applies which is a replacement or full refund if returned to the store with 30 days of purchase

If any Ireland HMV store tries to offer you store credit for an item your purchased that your received damaged ask to speak to the manager

Last edited:

I think you picked a jobsworth mate, I've returned steels before and they have been brilliant with me...

In HMV Ireland and Xtra-Vision stores
If you have a item purchased that is damaged you can have a replacement or refund if returned within 30 days

I have had damaged items and at all times my local HMV store replaced with new copy when damage shown to staff

It's not HMV store policy to offer store credit for damaged items purchased if returned within 30 days
Any damaged items purchased the sale of goods act applies which is a replacement or full refund if returned to the store with 30 days of purchase

If any Ireland HMV store tries to offer you store credit for an item your purchased that your received damaged ask to speak to the manager

Thank you for the advice regarding the return of these items, really appreciate it.

I ended up flea-baying both Steelbooks for the price paid (even with the damage).

Thankfully ordered replacements before stock ran out on Xtra-Vision & those arrived in perfect condition so no harm done eventually.

Looks like the HMV website has been edited for returns policy in the last Week (to account for the new UK legislation?), slightly less combative in it's description of returns as I think it said something along the lines of
(even for faulty items)

"We cannot exchange or refund an item containing a Digital Copy or Ultraviolet where the seal has been broken as we cannot be sure it has not been used".

As your comments say, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 should trump all re the damaged goods in my particular case. As SteelbookGenius66 said I must have got a jobsworth, and I'm still going to write in to head office though as I believe the treatment I received was grossly unfair and humiliating...

Thanks again guys....

I bought 2 steelbooks of the same movie from a non local store. Opened one of them and it had a dent. Went to my local store and got a refund (gift voucher) no problem at all.

If you are declined a refund on the basis that you opened and assumed you dropped it then you obviously unluckily got the bad assistant. I would personally make a complaint against the store if they refused a refund. Failing that I would file a chargeback if you paid by card.

In relation to their terms and conditions about digital codes, that's their own policy they made up. It doesn't affect your consumer rights because a store makes up their silly policies. At the end of the day you bought an item and it was defected when opened. End of story.

I know this may not be a popular opinion but this is my personal Steelbook of the year. Its gloss, its 3D and 2D and it features high res logo.

Its just a perfect steelbook.