Release date: March 26, 2018
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £22.99
Group buy: Hosted by Cooey HERE

02-66223.jpg

03-66223.jpg
01-66223.jpg

Last edited:
Just to lasso and corral the JUSTICE LEAGUE steelbooks . . . not quite a "Wonder Woman" situation . . . with three very different styles to choose from (which can't be a bad thing) :-

The Americas ............................................................................................................................... UK etc. ..................................................................................................................... Italy / Germany ................................................................
View attachment 363875 ------------- /--------- View attachment 363877 -------------/------------- View attachment 363879------------------------------------
View attachment 363876 -------------------------- / -------- View attachment 363878--------/------- View attachment 363880----------

HDZeta .................................................................................................................... Manta Lab .........................................
View attachment 363881----- / ----- View attachment 363882 --------

I actually like the Italian steel better than this, hopefully it has some embossing and decent back art. Fingers crossed.

Surprised more people are not going for the french release, It has 3D, 4K and 2D.

I did but it's a little more expensive than just getting it from HMV which might have put people off considering most don't care about the 4K disc.

Not mine, this is the French version (UK should be the same)

It looks ok, but I'm not too hot on how it has been embossed. Clearly the title looks a little out of place in line with the embossed border. Lovers can defend however way you see fit but I'm instantly drawn to that top line directly below the title each time I look at it. Surely slanting the title to line up with the embossing or removing it completely and reframing the whole front would have been much better. It's being picky because this is a WWA and we don't really expect too much from them nowadays in comparison to other overseas offerings but still, this is a glossy and embossed release and they could have got it right.

Who is to say what is 'right' I hear you cry? Well, it's just my opinion.

• Thanks
Reactions: Punker76
Finding it hard to comprehend how any steelbook collector could fail to be charmed by this delightful steelbook . . . adapting the various logo poster designs in a creative and what I consider to be successful way.

Some may prefer the 3D logo artwork with no title present ----- some may even prefer the dead straight logo with perfectly balanced title (as did I originally) -------------- now leaning towards this best of both worlds design . . .
upload_2018-3-18_9-34-36.png
-----------------------------------------------
upload_2018-3-18_9-35-49.png
upload_2018-3-18_9-41-11.png

. . . which combines the 3D quality of the teaser poster on the left with the horizontal title of the poster on the right.

Stylish and lush, well-executed steelbook . . . treated with the respect it deserves - no flat and matte here - and as far as logo artwork steelbooks go will be hard to beat.

• Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc
Surprised more people are not going for the french release, It has 3D, 4K and 2D.
A lot of consumers not upgraded to 4K yet so 2D/3D is cheaper option
Why pay extra for a 4K UHD disc you can't watch

When there is 2D/3D option and 2D/4K option I will always go with 2D/3D instead of 4K
When I purchase a steelbook that has 4K UHD disc it's for the steelbook artwork not because it has 4K

I will only purchase a release that has 4K UHD if a steelbook release is only 4K/2D/3D
Only exception I get 4K editions is with Blufans Ultimate editions and even then I don't have ability to watch in 4K

The 4K disc goes unused with me as I don't have a 4K TV and won't be upgrading until another 2-3 years

When there is 2D/3D option and 2D/4K option I will always go with 2D/3D instead of 4K
When I purchase a steelbook that has 4K UHD disc it's for the steelbook artwork not because it has 4K

I will only purchase a release that has 4K UHD if a steelbook release is only 4K/2D/3D
Only exception I get 4K editions is with Blufans Ultimate editions and even then I don't have ability to watch in 4K

The 4K disc goes unused with me as I don't have a 4K TV and won't be upgrading until another 2-3 years

I understand that, Makes sense.

I usually go for the 3D/2D over a 4K/3D steel and i have a 4K player and tv, But with a 2D/3D/4K combo i cant resist as i like to have all formats bar dvd in one steel :) I usually get the 3D uk steel and buy the 4K seperate, The french release will save me £15.

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland

Not to mention the P&P cost added to the cost of the item. At least HMV is free P&P to the UK

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
Hope the guy in the first unboxing of the french version has used his UV code as he happily shared it with everyone!!