Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: April 12, 2016
Purchase link: in store only
Price: TBA
Group buy: Hosted by apsmith21

target.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:mad::mad::mad:Got up early to be there as soon as the open at 8. They weren't out for display. Asked someone to see if there were any in the back, brought back the ones with the figure.

She said she didn't see any with steels. So I will try again in the afternoon.

So annoying having people work in a department and don't know anything.:mad::mad::mad:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
Oh rarities of rare, walked into my target and for once didn't have to have them go look in the back for the steels, already stocked and 4 on the shelves (still wasted time looking for It Follows at walmart)

Very lucky to get a copy! As an employee, we cant get any new releases until 15 minutes after the product is on the floor. So i put them out at at 7 and went on with my day. First copy went 2 minutes after opening, and surprisingly 4 hrs later theres still 2 copies, so 1 of them is mine!

I am on a week stay at home vacation this week so I was actually able to get one without problems this time. No ordering from Amazon CA or needing fellow ninjas to help me out. My store had 4 on the shelf. I got there about 20 minutes after opening.

my target had 4 only...bought 2. Opened 1 in the parking lot...dented front & back. Back in store got another opened in the store...dented front & back...got the last, didn't have to open...badly dented! Asked the clerk what they will do with these damaged items....we will re-package & put back on the floor...discs are not damaged! I told her that these are collectors items & they will not be accepted by any collector. she just looked at me like im crazy! Where do they find these people? Opened up the final sealed copy in my car & a miracle...no damage!

my target had 4 only...bought 2. Opened 1 in the parking lot...dented front & back. Back in store got another opened in the store...dented front & back...got the last, didn't have to open...badly dented! Asked the clerk what they will do with these damaged items....we will re-package & put back on the floor...discs are not damaged! I told her that these are collectors items & they will not be accepted by any collector. she just looked at me like im crazy! Where do they find these people? Opened up the final sealed copy in my car & a miracle...no damage!

Lol Target isnt a specialty shop dedicated to pleasing steelbook customers. They dont care if a steelbook happens to have a dent. You expect them to throw it away because of a few ocd collectors in the neighborhood? A kid or mom strolling down the ailse would glady take it off the shelf. As a collector myself I wouldnt want any dents but I dont expect a target employee to understand my hobby and I can totally understand them looking at you sideways for opening and returning 3 copies all at once:rofl::rofl: Glad you found a mint one though as these are tough to come by.

I had a frustrating situation myself though as I went to two targets on my lunch break. First didnt have any copies of course and I had to make a judgement call on if I risk being late returning to work to travel to the second target. Knowing how rare this line is, I said screw it. Im rushing to the destination and my gps cant find my location so I can only go the route I know which is a roundabout way and not the quickest way to get there. I hit some traffic because a freakin fire hydrant is malfunctioning and causing a bottleneck:banghead:. Finally get to the store and speed walk aaaallll the way to back not sure if I will even find a copy and low and behold, the only copy sitting in the rack in one of those locked security cases. I snatch it and speed walk aaaallll the way to the front because there is never any employees to check you out in electronics. I have 13 mins to get back to work with a 14 min drive. Im thinking I need to get in line with the clerk instead of self-checkout because of the stupid protection case. Im the 4th person in a short line at the only open checkout station. I look ahead at the cashier and apparently the person checking out needs tax-exempt and they take foreeeeevvver because they gotta fill out forms and crap:banghead: I say screw this and ask a nearby employee if its ok to do self check out with the security case and she says, "Sure. I can take it off once you are done paying". Nice! I get to the register ready to scan and Im looking all over for a barcode and realize......theres no freakinn J-card!!!!:dead: Steelbook is sealed and everything with stickers, even the glob of glue to hold the non-existing j-card! I go back to the employee and tell her theres no barcode. She pulls out her phone and fiddles with it looking it up on the target mobile website for an item#. Lol what?!?! They dont have an inventory system?:LOL:(n). Anyway she pulls up the dvd which is about $4 cheaper. Being to honest guy that I am, I tell her its the bluray and she tries to get a hold of the electronics guy on the store walkie to find the item # in the department. He seems inept at the task and I politely tell her I that I can just go all the way back there myself to get a standard blu copy as a substitute sku, since I know it will be much quicker than her back and forth convo with the electronics guy who wasnt even in the electronics section. I make my way there and back and now she assumes I just want the regular amaray:rolleyes:. Im like "no I want the one that I originally picked". Also, somehow in the short time I was gone, after not noticing the difference between steebook and DVD, she now tells me that since its a Target exclusive it normally costs more than the regular amaray blurays (which it doesnt) and is reluctant to use the amaray as a price point. Really!?!?!o_O After all of that and not having any way of finding out the actual item # you dont want to sell it to me for that price?. Im normally a chill person and dont show my frustration because I know people are just trying to do their jobs but Jeezus! its not my fault there no j-card and no tags on the shelf specifying the steelbook. Just ring me up for the amaray price (which is the steelbook price anyway) so I can get out of here!!:angry: After getting a bit blunt with her she finally ring me up. She probably thinks I was mad at her instead of all the situations that built up the frustration but oh well. Obviously I got back to work late but no one noticed:p

Sorry for the rant

Also is mine a grail since its jcard-less?:rofl:

Last edited:

I found banged up collector's edition movies in the clearance section before. Never a steelbook, but I did find those Diamond Luxe editions there before.