Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: April 12, 2016
Purchase link: in store only
Price: TBA
Group buy: Hosted by apsmith21

target.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like you had quite a target adventure....so what do they do with these damaged ones? Repackage and mark as damaged & sell at a markdown? Or sell at full price & hope customer does not care? Is there a place in the stores where they sell damaged marked down stuff? I know lots of questions!...just curious. I assumed they can send damaged stuff back & get replacements....but then how to prove they (target) didn't damage the items. You can see i have never worked in retail!

My Target had 5 steels. I was the first one there and took one but a rat bastard came just after me and took the remaining 4. I don't care what anyone says, that is wrong. I hope he gets a severe case of herpes or shingles or, better yet, both.

My Target had 5 steels. I was the first one there and took one but a rat bastard came just after me and took the remaining 4. I don't care what anyone says, that is wrong. I hope he gets a severe case of herpes or shingles or, better yet, both.

I grab several at multiple stores to supply the HDN group buys. I hope you don't share the same sentiment for all of us ;)

looks like you had quite a target adventure....so what do they do with these damaged ones? Repackage and mark as damaged & sell at a markdown? Or sell at full price & hope customer does not care? Is there a place in the stores where they sell damaged marked down stuff? I know lots of questions!...just curious. I assumed they can send damaged stuff back & get replacements....but then how to prove they (target) didn't damage the items. You can see i have never worked in retail!

I've returned plenty of damaged steels to Target and Best Buy. They just put them back on the shelf with no regard for the damage. Eventually some poor sap buys the damaged item at full price or (I assume) it gets returned to a hub after sitting on the shelf for months/years. The only marked down movies I've seen at Target are online-only items that were returned with obvious damage (and I rarely see that). Maybe others have more insight on this?

Damn, u wishing illness on a person for buying goods in a store? U sound like a bitter, evil, rotten little person.

my target had 4 only...bought 2. Opened 1 in the parking lot...dented front & back. Back in store got another opened in the store...dented front & back...got the last, didn't have to open...badly dented! Asked the clerk what they will do with these damaged items....we will re-package & put back on the floor...discs are not damaged! I told her that these are collectors items & they will not be accepted by any collector. she just looked at me like im crazy! Where do they find these people? Opened up the final sealed copy in my car & a miracle...no damage!

Dang, you should really learn how to inspect items better without openning them. 3 poor people miss out cuz u don't know how to inspect sealed items properly

I blame Target for not having an adequate amount of steels

It's a limited edition, obviously u don't get the point of that lol

What's wrong with taking 4 steelbooks? For all you know it could be @apsmith21 shopping for the GB. :rolleyes:

What's wrong with taking 4 steelbooks? For all you know it could be @apsmith21 shopping for the GB. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately given how much this happens (from what I've seen people say in passing on threads), I think you are more likely to find someone grabbing for resale and profit, then you are someone looking to help folks on a forum (whether it's here or elsewhere). :(

What can I say. I still think taking 4 at a time is wrong. Two collectors who were at the store three minutes after the open missed out on the steel because this other person took all remaining 4. And the 4 this person took were in addition to a copy he had already grabbed for himself. These other poor fellas made the effort to get there early and still missed out. For all I know, they may have been Ninjas.
All of that store's copies went to two people. One for me and 5 for Mr. Greedy.

Last edited:
What can I say. I still think taking 4 at a time is wrong. Two collectors who were at the store three minutes after the open missed out on the steel because this other person took all remaining 4. And the 4 this person took were in addition to a copy he had already grabbed for himself. These other poor fellas made the effort to get there early and still missed out. For all I know, they may have been Ninjas.
All of that store's copies went to two people. One for me and 5 for Mr. Greedy.

I hear what you are saying but what number is okay and what number is not okay is very subjective. As with every collectible out there, there are times you will be lucky and there will be times you will miss out. What if there are only 2 steelbooks available and you grab both because you want to have one sealed for your collection?

But I agree, most of the time re-sellers will be main culprit.

What were the 4 returned copies originally for?:naughty:

eBay lol

That's why he's willing to give out his eBay link, he's got none on there because he had to return them lol

Perhaps, but I offer them up to Ninjas and Members of my FB group 'SteelFellas' (lots of ninjas in that group there too) before I would have listed them on the Bay not saying that I would have listed them but who's to say I'd be wrong if I did? I'm just playing the game by the rules like everyone else is. I'm a memeber of this community first, a seller second.

• Informative
Reactions: Flloydo
Perhaps, but I offer them up to Ninjas and Members of my FB group 'SteelFellas' (lots of ninjas in that group there too) before I would have listed them on the Bay not saying that I would have listed them but who's to say I'd be wrong if I did? I'm just playing the game by the rules like everyone else is. I'm a memeber of this community first, a seller second.

I was just having a joke mate

Unfortunately I'm not on Facebook so can't check out or join your clan...... For now

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches

I honestly dont have a problem with selling on ebay and giggle when I see people flipping their wig because somebody got a spare lol. My philosophy is you do what you gotta do when it comes to collectables because it isnt cheap or easy when it comes to limited merch. I would however hate you if you lived anywhere near where I shop for steelbooks:rofl::rofl::rofl:.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches