Price: £21.50 (Amazon) - £20.99 (Zavvi)
Notes: Gloss finish, back cover and inside artwork, 1 disc edition

51WAOJ7eHBL.jpg

71rywSJsLuL._SL1330_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just received the following email from HMV

Dear Ron,

Thank you for your email.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you and your custom.

This item can be returned in the same packaging you had received the product in, simply blacken out your name on the address label and mark as 'Return to sender', as soon as the item is received we will then process a refund for you.

I have spoken with the head of our distribution team and I have been assured such an issue will not re-occur.

Kind Regards,

HMV

for the people returning these, I would consider sending it back by 2nd class recorded delivery as last time I sent something back they said they hadn't received it and it wasn't until I told them I had returned it by 2nd class recorded and the name of the guy who signed for it that I finally got my refund, if HMV can't be trusted to send out the right order then imo they can't be trusted to give a refund

you will prob lose out on the money for the recorded delivery but better that than £20

Reactions: Towser
for the people returning these, I would consider sending it back by 2nd class recorded delivery as last time I sent something back they said they hadn't received it and it wasn't until I told them I had returned it by 2nd class recorded and the name of the guy who signed for it that I finally got my refund, if HMV can't be trusted to send out the right order then imo they can't be trusted to give a refund

you will prob lose out on the money for the recorded delivery but better that than £20

Thanks for that, I will do just that

I can't understand why they have told me they will refund me when I have returned it, rather than offer a replacement even though the website still has it for sale:cool::angry::angry:

Ron

Thanks for that, I will do just that

I can't understand why they have told me they will refund me when I have returned it, rather than offer a replacement even though the website still has it for sale:cool::angry::angry:

Ron

no prob :thumbs:

they would most likely send u another Amaray anyway mate

I have just received the following email from HMV

Did you receive this by writing to the xtra-vision email address? Or was it a reply from the form on the hmvireland website?

Still yet to receive a reply.... :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Apologies guys they actually replied to me every time, but it was going through to my 'junk' folder which I cannot access on my iPhone oooops! They seem pretty happy to give me an immediate full refund, however I think I will follow the advice to send this recorded.

Last edited:
Did you receive this by writing to the xtra-vision email address? Or was it a reply from the form on the hmvireland website?

Still yet to receive a reply.... :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Apologies guys they actually replied to me every time, but it was going through to my 'junk' folder which I cannot access on my iPhone oooops! They seem pretty happy to give me an immediate full refund, however I think I will follow the advice to send this recorded.

They didnt reply to the online form they only replied when I sent a email to the xtra-vision email address

Ron

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I just had a email after my request to send a replacement rather that a refund being as it is still for sale on their website

Dear Ron,

Unfortunately due to the nature of this error we cannot send out a stock replacement.

We will however process a refund for this transaction immediately when the item is received.

Kind Regards,

HMV/Xtra-vision

Ron

Xtra-vision reply:

"Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you and your custom.

Can you please confirm the 'Pick Ref' and ' Batch ID' this is located on your invoice if not it is the numbers located above your name and address on the outer packaging.

I will then investigate this matter with our dispatch team.

As we have no further stock I can offer a 50% refund for this item if you wish to hold onto it, if not you can return this item in the same packaging you had received the item in, simply blacken out your name and address and mark as 'Return to sender'. Once received we will process a full refund for this item.

Kind Regards,

HMV"

Xtra-vision reply:
"Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you and your custom.

Can you please confirm the 'Pick Ref' and ' Batch ID' this is located on your invoice if not it is the numbers located above your name and address on the outer packaging.

I will then investigate this matter with our dispatch team.

As we have no further stock I can offer a 50% refund for this item if you wish to hold onto it, if not you can return this item in the same packaging you had received the item in, simply blacken out your name and address and mark as 'Return to sender'. Once received we will process a full refund for this item.

Kind Regards,

HMV"

Well if thats the case they should probably do there job properly and take the listing of the steelbook page and stop selling people the amaray for £20, if mine turns up and its a amaray, then this website will not recieve my custom again.

The most recent posts don't bode well for my order from HMV Ireland then.
I'll just have to wait and see I guess; If it's not a Steelbook it's going straight back.

Pretty ridiculous that it's still advertised for sale on their website if they are indeed OOS of the Steels and are sending out Amarays instead.

Then again, one time I ordered something from XV-Marketplace (who I've since seen appear to be the "brains" behind this operation) they cancelled my order four days after citing stock issues, then had stock again the following day, so it's possible they're just completely incompetent.

Last edited: