Contributor
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
Release date: August 25, 2020
Purchase link: Amazon
Price: $26.99

c.jpg

I read the thread title too fast when this popped up and read it as 'KiKi Dee' then immediately read the rest of it.

Umm... not that many would want a Kiki Dee steelbook but I suppose could have gone well alongside Rocketman

I do like this wave and how it's presented, however I have the back catalog of all 20 to date from UK.. .:hungry:

Do I really want to start collecting again for many years, just because the current wave is coming to a close...

Rhetorically, of course I do, that is what steelbook collecting is all about, perhaps being OOS is just what I need ;)

• Includes Full Color [4-, 6-, 8-] Page Booklet
  • Ursula's Painting
  • Original Japanese Storyboards
  • Original Japanese Trailers
  • Creating Kiki's Delivery Service
  • Producer's Perspective: Collaborating with Miyazaki
  • Scoring Miyazaki
  • Behind the Microphone
  • The Locations of Kiki's Delivery Service
  • Kiki & Jiji
  • Flying with Kiki & Beyond

I ordered the first two, going to see what they look like in person and then decide on the rest.

Eh. Great film, but we’re being asked to pay a premium price for a premium product, with such lazy artwork? Of the films in this wave revealed so far, all of the minimalistic designs pale in comparison to the standard amaray cases which are far more colourful.

Eh. Great film, but we’re being asked to pay a premium price for a premium product, with such lazy artwork? Of the films in this wave revealed so far, all of the minimalistic designs pale in comparison to the standard amaray cases which are far more colourful.

...some of us love minimalistic art. :naughty::thumbs:

Just picking a colour and placing Kiki with a few seagulls on it is a joke lmao, especially when compared to how well the UK series managed to pull off their style

I currently own all of the Zavvi (UK) steelbooks of Studio Ghibli's films (only 3 more to go Zavvi). Wondering if it's worth double-dipping for the U.S. steelbooks... :confused:

Reactions: GeoRattray
All SG releases undeniably charming but still prefer the UK design (for various reasons):-
N.America ------------------------------------ Germany ------------------------------ Italy -------------------------------- UK ----------------------------I
1591402209129.png
/
1591402282983.png
/
1591402327651.png
/
1591402248307.png

I've had problems with small dents on the steels in this series, too (though on the front covers, not the corners). Have had to exchange at least a couple of them to get good copies. Worth it to me, though, because these steels look so beautiful together!