Contributor
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
Release date: August 25, 2020
Purchase link: Amazon
Price: $26.99

c.jpg

Both this and Nausica came dented. =\ even their replacements got dented around the same places
If you’re talking about the indentations by the corners, those are normal production marks. Some are more prominent than others. You’ll see them on the bottom corners too. They’re not defects but production marks. Not all Steelbooks made are that obvious but looks like they’re standard on these US Ghibli steels. They’re on my Ponyo and Howl’s Moving Castle too.

• Informative
Reactions: Shark
I have the dimples too but they’re not as prominent as the ones photographed. I can barely feel them and they’re in an innocuous spot. No big deal for me personally.

Reactions: TriSteel
If you’re talking about the indentations by the corners, those are normal production marks. Some are more prominent than others. You’ll see them on the bottom corners too. They’re not defects but production marks. Not all Steelbooks made are that obvious but looks like they’re standard on these US Ghibli steels. They’re on my Ponyo and Howl’s Moving Castle too.

Ah I feel stupid now lol. Plus my partner made it seem like it was way worse. She was the one that checked best buy in store too. But checked the steelbooks on our other location aswell and they have some of them as well. Thanks for that info.

But they do have some dents and scratches on them so thats gonna be an reorder anyway and hopefully it comes good this time. both have dents on the front and some scraches on the back.

Reactions: TriSteel
But they do have some dents and scratches on them so thats gonna be an reorder anyway and hopefully it comes good this time. both have dents on the front and some scraches on the back.
Good luck with BB shipping. Half the ones I get are dented, one way or another. Poor packaging in bubble envelope or flimsy cardboard envelope (not box). Luckily I have a store close by to return them.