Release date: March 28, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £19.99 - £11.99

Part of the Kill Bill by Zavvi:
Vol. 1 - Vol. 2

01.jpg

03.jpg 04.jpg00.jpg 02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Shame waste of a release. I've got the double kill bill steelbook happy with it.

Anyone know when hateful eight is going to go live?

these releases dont offer good value. you will need to buy both volumes, so will end up spending £32 for what is really (lets face it) a bargain bin title.

the steel with both films included is better.

pulp fiction would have got me interested

Reactions: Marc Dooley
agreed.

Plus there are enough, low cost and easily importable split volume steelbook options around. HUGE greedy waste here.

Where are these low cost importable split films like this one?
Can't see any cheaper than this

Granted these might drop in price and I may even wait for a price drop but I can't see any cheaper than these in this style of art

these releases dont offer good value. you will need to buy both volumes, so will end up spending £32 for what is really (lets face it) a bargain bin title.

the steel with both films included is better.
Exactly.

The lowest price (without any discount codes) that I saw Zavvi's combo Kill Bill: Volumes 1 and 2 steelbook in January 2015, was EUR 11.69 (probably GBP 8.49) and that steelbook was still available from Zavvi in February 2015, less than a year ago.

Mind you, I like the artwork on these separate releases, but I can see these heading to the GBP 5.99 bargain bin. What a waste :yawn:

Reactions: levi
Exactly.

The lowest price (without any discount codes) that I saw Zavvi's combo Kill Bill: Volumes 1 and 2 steelbook in January 2015, was EUR 11.69 (probably GBP 8.49) and that steelbook was still available from Zavvi in February 2015, less than a year ago.

Mind you, I like the artwork on these separate releases, but I can see these heading to the GBP 5.99 bargain bin. What a waste :yawn:

These reminded me of the Gangs of New York and Departed releases. I pre-ordered at full price £16.99 and look at them today 6 months later. Given how long the last Kill Bill release lasted I'm quite happy to wait it out. My loss if I lose out but I can accept that.

Reactions: Flash
What a beauty and looking even better than Vol.1 (IMO) :thumbs:
If full gloss finish and 'bossing to the title and sword this could be a real stunna and one of the best of the year.

Both miles more attractive than the previous double (IMO) but no matter how much I like them I will not be pre-ordering until they are acceptably priced.

Joint favourite QT steel with the 2011 Play exclusive "Pulp Fiction" though both could be knocked into a cocked hat by the Mondo X "Reservoir Dogs".

Last edited:
Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
Although I'm disappointed that these are the picks for release, I personally think that both with the right finish and care and attention could turn out to be nice steelbook's and if they do turn out glossy with some bossing, I'll look forward to picking them up for a tenner each.

Reactions: Flloydo and virkia
Just got the email from zavvi for this release, but of more interest was the bit at the bottom of the email about 20% of select steelbooks with this release, saw a picture of the Under The Skin steelbook :), and clicked through and there it was, last on the list, and of course 'SOLD OUT', sodding zavvi and their clickbait.....:punch:

Oh and NO, I'm not pre-ordering, already have the Vol1+2 doublepack steelbook, don't need this...

Just got the email from zavvi for this release, but of more interest was the bit at the bottom of the email about 20% of select steelbooks with this release, saw a picture of the Under The Skin steelbook :), and clicked through and there it was, last on the list, and of course 'SOLD OUT', sodding zavvi and their clickbait.....:punch:

Oh and NO, I'm not pre-ordering, already have the Vol1+2 doublepack steelbook, don't need this...
Got that email aswell.

1bBSpMeTaiUQybpUrlxPVu0rPgxwFEvDn6g-GRbFw792px669jWxrwO0tuws-15HAq8DiPp45wvViH9SvA4KswIW3Kiu0Ztvm2O18b07n_xw7nQmbZNZ=s0-d-e1-ft

Thought they might have 'found' a bunch of new copies of it or something. Just goes to show, whoever is running operations there hasn't a clue of even what stock is avaiable! Or maybe it's just one last desperate attempt to get people to 'click through'........