Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: January 25, 2024
Purchase link: Amazon IT
Price: €35.99

71w975kIGdL._SY679_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jc2ssych
I have this. The intro text is Italian, theres a forced English subtitle to translate, but it's annoying tbh. Will probably sell the disc and get the UK one when it lands.
Doesn't sound that annoying tbh, it's just a bit of text to read either way, but each to their own. I'd say IF a UK disc lands. There's no indication there will be one.

Reactions: astycorax
Just received Killers of the Flower Moon 4k version from Amazon Italy. Incredibly the 4K disc will NOT play in my Oppo 4k player, keep getting the message that disc is wrong region code! As all 4K discs are region free, I am baffled as why this is happening. My player is region-free and even after trying to change the region code settings I stiil get the same wrong region code message.. Hopefully this film will be released on 4K in the US sometime soon, maybe by Criterion, and I'll finally be able to watch it.

• Wow
Just received Killers of the Flower Moon 4k version from Amazon Italy. Incredibly the 4K disc will NOT play in my Oppo 4k player, keep getting the message that disc is wrong region code! As all 4K discs are region free, I am baffled as why this is happening. My player is region-free and even after trying to change the region code settings I stiil get the same wrong region code message.. Hopefully this film will be released on 4K in the US sometime soon, maybe by Criterion, and I'll finally be able to watch it.
I've moved your post to this thread as it's more active, so hopefully you'll be more likely to receive some advice/info.

4K UHD discs are region-free by design, but mistakes happen, as documented in the thread: Are 4K Discs starting to get region locked?

I've always thought that 4K UHD disc players are never region-free for Blu-ray (or 4K UHD) discs, but with appropriate mods, they are region-switchable, e.g., using the remote.

Jl Incredibly the 4K disc will NOT play in my Oppo 4k player, keep getting the message that disc is wrong region code! As all 4K discs are region free, I am baffled as why this is happening.
Errrm, not quite. There's a fair few 4K discs that have been region locked now, particularly in the US. Nobody I know of has said this is region locked, BUT in all fairness they've all been in region B zones. The fact that it still hasn't worked after you've changed your region through, that is baffling, and likely a issue with your player, or perhaps specifically your copy of the disc.

Isn't that technically against the rules and specifications of the format, to which every licensee agrees to have the right to publish UHD discs?
Yep, but it's happened plenty of times now, including the US twilight boxset from lionsgate, and nobody seems to be getting in trouble over it.

Took 3 different times to finally get the disc to play by switching to region 2, and honestly I don't think the 4k version is much better than the bluray version. 4K seems darker like most 4K s are.

4K seems darker like most 4K s are.
Yeah, they make the whole picture darker, to have some parts of it brighter, like white t-shirts and headlights, to blind you and justify that TV nits of brightness technical race - it's all really rather stupid.
Like on my 3 year old Note 20 Ultra I only ever use 20% of brightness, and had similar settings on all my TVs, but now have to crank everything up just to see stuff, and HDR does that automatically to 100%, it's BS.

I'm ticked off. This disc has been advertised everywhere as being region free and apparently it's not. Not good. Not good at all. I haven't received my copy via Ebay but will return it immediately upon arrival.

Reactions: Granada
I'm ticked off. This disc has been advertised everywhere as being region free and apparently it's not. Not good. Not good at all. I haven't received my copy via Ebay but will return it immediately upon arrival.
I don't think the disc has been advertised officially by anyone as region free.. it's the preconception that all 4K discs SHOULD be region free. In reality we know they aren't. It is what it is.

Reactions: astycorax