Killzone 2 Megathread - New DLC Coming (Map Pack 3!!!) - Patch As Well!!!!

Jan 29, 2009
k2.jpg

Killzone 2 is an upcoming science fiction first-person shooter for the PlayStation 3, currently in development by Guerrilla Games and to be published by Sony Computer Entertainment. It is the third installment in the Killzone franchise that began on the PlayStation 2 with Killzone and was continued with Killzone: Liberation on the PlayStation Portable. First announced at E3 2005 in Los Angeles, California,[5] Killzone 2 is due for release in February 2009.

Killzone 2 follows the events of Killzone and Killzone: Liberation, and will take place entirely on the planet Helghan, the home-world of the Helghast, who invaded an Interplanetary Strategic Alliance (ISA) colony. Two years after the Helghast assault on Vekta, the ISA has launched an assault on the enemy's home world of Helghan. The ISA goal is to capture the Helghast leader, Emperor Scolar Visari, and bring the Helghast war machine to a halt. Players assume the role of Sergeant Tomas "Sev" Sevchenko, a battle-hardened veteran of the special forces unit known as "The Legion", who go on a mission to take out the Helghast threat.

During the invasion of Helghan, Sev's unit is deployed behind enemy lines to assist the main invasion force. Tasked with securing the enemy capital of Pyrrhus, the team quickly discovers that the Helghast are a more formidable enemy on their home planet. Not only have they adjusted to Helghan's hostile conditions, they have also harnessed a source of power they can now use against the ISA - the very planet on which they live. A barren, unforgiving world, Helghan provides a ready defense with thick, acidic air, dust clouds, and violent surgical lightning storms. Sev discovers his squad is not just fighting enemy forces – their fiercest opponent may be the planet itself

OFFICIAL BOX ART: KILLZONE.COM
killzonebox.jpg

KILLZONE 2 SCREENSHOTS
killzone1.jpg

killzone3.jpg

killzone2.jpg

killzone6.jpg

killzone4.jpg

killzone5.jpg

killzone8.jpg

killzone7.jpg

killzone10.jpg

killzone9.jpg

killzone-2-20090129014059684_640w.jpg

killzone-2-20090129014106387_640w.jpg

killzone-2-20080901052325267_640w.jpg

killzone-2-20081209055117890_640w.jpg

killzone-2-20081209055122390_640w.jpg

killzone-2-20081203111753822_640w.jpg

80 GB EURO PACK
80gbpack.jpg

user_184_killzone2_banner_.jpg

Killzone 2 - Superbowl Commercial *Probably a spoof*
Click Here

Killzone Biography - Getting You Up To Speed Story Wise
Click Here

Killzone 2 - HD Video Blowout "The Weapons Of Killzone 2"
Click Here

Last edited:
all sounds great. only thing i dont like are the tweaks to the air support. i dont think they should be made more powerful. if you knew how to use them, they were pretty effective. it made a pretty good balance of strategy, we'll see how the tweaks change that.

The flying bots sucked if someone had turrets, boom one shot the turret would kill it..

yah, but that just added to the fact that air support was mainly used as a distraction. you could call in air support, distract either enemy players or enemy turret bots, then kill each while they shoot at the air support.

i really like that they are eliminating respawn invincibility. it should make it easier to defend in things like S&D instead of making it just a big blood bath.

Yeah ..... quit your complaining, and get 'cho game up!! :D Dude, you're startin' to sound like Cali. :hilarious:

Yeah right. I don't care if I my kill/death ratio is 1/10 or if my teamates suck. I still have fun. It is true that they don't kill players that well. Last time I was playing with a few of y'all, me n somebody else was defending a spot from being set to blow up. I had one outside the tower n it would shoot when y'all got close but no kill. But that's ok. I was waiting there with my gun :D Wish I could remember who it was so I could rub it in. LOL

Yeah right. I don't care if I my kill/death ratio is 1/10 or if my teamates suck. I still have fun. It is true that they don't kill players that well. Last time I was playing with a few of y'all, me n somebody else was defending a spot from being set to blow up. I had one outside the tower n it would shoot when y'all got close but no kill. But that's ok. I was waiting there with my gun :D Wish I could remember who it was so I could rub it in. LOL

It's all good man. Just givin' you a hard time. :D

On June 4th, Guerrilla Games released their 9th patch for their best-selling shooter, Killzone 2.

This patch not only contained fixes, but also new functionality that was requested by the Killzone community. Patch 1.27 weighed in at 75MB (272MB for Asian release) and was released worldwide with the following fixes and features:

* DLC - Enables support for downloadable content pack #2, "Flash & Thunder", released on June 11th on the Playstation®Store
* Network errors - Improved handling of large message groupings to decrease network errors on heavy loads. Should decrease some instances of network errors
* Stability - Fix for potential quick-join stability issues when DLC pack "Steel & Titanium" is not installed
* Stability - Removal of DLC could result in stability issues when using game pre-sets
* Stability - Crash fix for potential Search & Retrieve issue
* Stability - Fix for infrequent hang on loading when using spectator mode
* Exploit - Search & Destroy objective exploit fix
* Exploit - Collision fix for map MP04 – Visari Hammer
* Exploit - Collision fix for map MP07 – Blood Gracht
* Exploit - Collision fix for map MP07 – Blood Gracht (2)
* Exploit - Collision fix for map MP08 – Corinth Crossing
* Exploit - Collision fix for map MP08 – Corinth Crossing (2)
* Stats - Fix for clans not always receiving the clan match win medal
* Controls - Addition of High precision mode option for both Single Player and Multiplayer. New accounts will have this mode set as standard and existing users will have to enable it manually. More details can be found here
* Feature - Players will be automatically placed on the same faction, if they are friends upon using the 'Join Friend' option
* Feature - Players will be automatically placed on the same squad, if they are friends upon using the 'Join Friend' option
* Feature - Squads will remain constant over multiple rounds unless disbanded. More info on the above features can be found here
* Feature - Faction balancing only checked when entering the game to the pre-game lobby or spawn-select New faction select screen on spawn-select
* Feature - In-game faction changing now allowed on heavily unbalanced factions
* Feature - Skirmish – All Badges and Abilities are now unlocked for Skirmish mode to allow users with lower bandwidth network connections to experience the full range of weapons and abilities available in Multiplayer mode
* Gameplay - Invulnerability when spawning on a deployable spawn-point outside of a base-camp is now disabled
* Gameplay - Armor of Assault class reduced from 100 to 50 hit-points
* Gameplay - AI and health of the flying Sentry Bots has been tweaked upwards
* Gameplay - Firing rate of the Sentry Turret's rocket system has been reduced slightly
* Bug - Cooked grenades dealing friendly fire damage despite the option being disabled
* Bug - DLC Pack 1 "Steel & Titanium" front end text fix for Japanese sku
* Moderation - Enhanced moderation tools for SCE Moderators
* Killzone.com - Revived players now appearing correctly in Battle Replays
* Misc - Various minor bug fixes

For more in depth information on some of the bigger features in this patch, check out the Q&A with Eric Boltjes our Lead Multiplayer Designer here.

* Feature - Players will be automatically placed on the same faction, if they are friends upon using the 'Join Friend' option
* Feature - Players will be automatically placed on the same squad, if they are friends upon using the 'Join Friend' option
* Feature - Squads will remain constant over multiple rounds unless disbanded. More info on the above features can be found here
* Gameplay - AI and health of the flying Sentry Bots has been tweaked upwards
* Gameplay - Firing rate of the Sentry Turret's rocket system has been reduced slightly

I've been waiting for these fixes. GG is doing a pretty awesome job. :scat:

i've fallen back in love with killzone in the past couple of days. all because of the "high precision" controls. the deadzone is tightened up and it plays great. it's no longer a chore to actually look down the sights to aim. and now that the airbots don't suck i'm actually starting to get those ribbons. i'm glad that killzone is now everything i wanted it to be.:scat: