KimchiDVD - SteelBook Retailer Chat Thread

logo.gif

Feel free to discuss shipping, customer service, availability, etc about this retailer here.

List of Kimchidvd.com Exclusives HERE

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) What is the link to Kimchidvd?
A)Welcome to KIMCHI DVD
Q) I haven't mastered Korean yet - how can I read the site?!
A) Install Google translate on your browser:

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Turn on Google translate >> Login >> click on "If members to join ..." >> fill in EVERY box >>
click on this box to ensure your member ID is available:
rsz_button.jpg
>> Sign up!

You don't need to use Google Translate to register, provided you use the English registration link.
You need to enter both a Celluar phone (mobile) and Telephone number when registering/placing an order, however they can both be the same number (I don't have a home phone number, so always use my mobile number).
Numbers should be entered without a proceeding 0 and you do not need to enter your country code (KimchiDVD add it automatically to your parcel label).

So a UK phone (01452 123123) is specified like this:
Local Area Code : 1452 Phone Number : 123123

A UK mobile (07847 123123) is specified like this:
Local Area Code : 7847 Phone Number : 123123

If you have already registered, afterlogging in you can update your address/phone numbers here.

Q) Do they ship outside of Korea?
A) Yes, worldwide delivery, various shipping options available, for example to UK: (1 x steelbook)

K-Packet is tracked and one Steelbook to UK (with a weight of 450g - which is the typical weight for a lenticular) costs $10.81.
On average it takes around 7 days after dispatch to arrive in the UK - I always use K-Packet when placing orders and my orders have always arrived safely.

I'm not sure if it's insured or not (there's no mention) but assuming you pay via PayPal, their guarantee will cover you if you don't receive your order for some reason.

You can track your K-Packet order using this website, however tracking information isn't always accurate after leaving Korea (e.g. sometimes it doesn't update again before it's delivered, or even after if your postman doesn't bother getting a signature).

EMS $21.80 (Tracked, replacement will be issued where possible if lost)
TNT Premium $37.80 (Tracked, replacement will be issued where possible if lost)

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) Cardboard Box, with enough bubblewrap to keep things safe, see below: (Thanks to SBC28 for pics)

A pretty sturdy box, which seemingly took some damage during shipping.
(These are pretty much always the same boxes.)
kimchipackaging01.jpg

Enough space for the item to "breathe", but snug enough to stop it from moving.
(That white thing is the invoice, which i choose to include, since i am in the USA.)
kimchipackaging02.jpg

6 layers of bubble wrap.
kimchipackaging03.jpg

Another shot of the bubble wrap, one sheet (4 layers) removed.
kimchipackaging04.jpg

One minty mint SB, all the way from Korea.

Q) Is the retailer custom's friendly? (i.e will they mark as gift, or low value).
A) Very friendly, you have various options to choose from:
rsz_customs-kimchi.jpg

Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged upon order

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Card or Paypal

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) Yes - overall a very good, reliable site to order from.

Cancellations: Send an email to [email protected], including the number of the order you wish to cancel. He'll get back to you as soon as he can.

Replacements: are issued if in stock, if not a refund will be offered.
Refunds: They are normally processed within a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone,

I´m having a problem with my order too. I ordered Passengers Lenticular the day it went up for pre-order. It shipped with a tracking number a month ago (I live in Spain). The tracking worked until it left Incheon airport (it gave a flight number) on the 6 April and then nothing. I have contacted the Spanish postal service (Correos) and they have the tracking number but the last thing tracked was leaving Incheon airport, they confirm it has not entered the Spanish postal system......where could it be???? Tony has answered my emails after a couple of days delay but just keeps saying he will make enquiries at the post office and to wait a little longer, but then no follow up. Getting increasingly concerned as yesterday the item is no longer in stock for a replacement.

Hey, does anyone have an suggestions on getting a response from KimchiDVD?

I placed an order on 15/5 but haven't received it yet. I have been in touch with Tony directly and got a number of replies, the last one saying that he would look into the tracking and let me know (it apparently landed in the UK on 19/5, but has not updated since then - Royal Mail have said they never had it, even though it's been given a UK tracking number, but that just says it was being loaded onto the system)...that was 19/6 and since then, I've had no response at all.

I think I've been pretty reasonable. Yes I've chased Tony, but that could've been simply avoided by saying "waiting to hear back" etc. At what point do I accept that I'm getting neither a reply nor what I've paid for and just cancel/claim on the Paypal transaction?

I feel for you @satanclaus
He's ignoring my mails about the returned-for-no-reasons Hell or High Water parcel, too. When I first got suspicious about the package not moving an inch after its arrival in Germany, he responded they next day (June 22). After I had learned the parcel was on its way back to Korea, I wrote him one more mail and an addendum June 30, then again July 10, four days after it was accepted back in Seoul. None of these mails were answered. I'll try it again tomorrow (I still have the naive hope he'll answer the next day, or the next, or the day after that...). After that, I don't know what to do. Filing a claim at PayPal is the last resort, of course.
Maybe he's on (long) vacation? @cooey have you heard anything? Could you maybe remember him on behalf of @satanclaus and me the next time you get a hold of him?

• Thanks
Reactions: satanclaus
Have you heard back from Tony? @satanclaus

He answered my mail with regard to the Life full slip issue, and also stated in the same mail the returned Hell or High Water parcel "can be shipped again". But even upon repeated request he wouldn't say when he's planning to do so, if I have to pay for shipping (again), or why it was returned in the first place. This is really annoying and I'm starting to wish I hadn't ordered at all.

Thus far I'd been happy with Kimchi and even their CS, which I had to deal with twice before. But this case is pushing the limits of my tolerance really hard (already has, actually), and it is starting to portray them/him in a bad light. It's just not alright to ignore customers' e-mails, no matter how busy he is. Instead of almost complete radio silence, all I'm asking for is a little initiative on his part, even if it just were an answer along the lines of "I'm busy, but I'll get back to you ASAP, don't worry".

Excuse my rant, but I had to blow off some steam because of the growing frustration.

Have you heard back from Tony? @satanclaus

He answered my mail with regard to the Life full slip issue, and also stated in the same mail the returned Hell or High Water parcel "can be shipped again". But even upon repeated request he wouldn't say when he's planning to do so, if I have to pay for shipping (again), or why it was returned in the first place. This is really annoying and I'm starting to wish I hadn't ordered at all.

Thus far I'd been happy with Kimchi and even their CS, which I had to deal with twice before. But this case is pushing the limits of my tolerance really hard (already has, actually), and it is starting to portray them/him in a bad light. It's just not alright to ignore customers' e-mails, no matter how busy he is. Instead of almost complete radio silence, all I'm asking for is a little initiative on his part, even if it just were an answer along the lines of "I'm busy, but I'll get back to you ASAP, don't worry".

Excuse my rant, but I had to blow off some steam because of the growing frustration.

Hey! Yes, I have, sorry I completely forgot I'd posted in here. Tony came back to me hours after I sent an email saying I'd have to initiate a Paypal claim if I didn't hear back, saying that I should go ahead and he'd give a full refund because the package had been lost. So I did and he did after a couple of days. So all sorted and I've given up on the items I ordered as I placed the order on a whim in the first place.

Hopefully he gets you sorted soon, not sure what to suggest tbh!

Reactions: CleverLoginName
For three weeks, every Wednesday Tony would send me a reply, stating he could ship the package again. Great, why don't you just do it then? Last Tuesday (!) he finally asked me to pay the shipping costs for the second delivery attempt, which I did straight away. Just like he had asked, I informed him about the payment. Got no answer, of course. Maybe Wednesday is his office day when he processes all the mails, lol.
The whole communication process is just ... :yawn: so ... :yawn: damn ... :yawn: tiresome.

FYI: The package was accepted back at his office exactly four weeks ago.

Nothing has been said to me so far buddy but if is a WWA release I tend to find Tony just announces it without any kind of warning or heads up
Thanks, will keep my eyes peeled
Would be cool if they'd go back and do rise too
The dawn lenti was very underrated
Yeah I love it. All 3 would be cool, and maybe a one-click style box to hold them in. It's easily the best trilogy since LotR but there's no love from the premium brands.

Thanks, will keep my eyes peeled

Yeah I love it. All 3 would be cool, and maybe a one-click style box to hold them in. It's easily the best trilogy since LotR but there's no love from the premium brands.
So true looks like we're a small minority on this sadly
Still nobody's done Lotr or the hobbit yet but we still get multiple marvels etc :rolleyes:

So true looks like we're a small minority on this sadly
Still nobody's done Lotr or the hobbit yet but we still get multiple marvels etc :rolleyes:
Yeah I'd imagine it's the studios blocking it or just being difficult. Can you imagine how quick LotR would sell out? We should start a petition :watch:

Yeah I'd imagine it's the studios blocking it or just being difficult. Can you imagine how quick LotR would sell out? We should start a petition :watch:
Not sure why the studios would want to be difficult about it tbh
We've already had extended edition etc
Maybe the likes of nova blufans etc
Are just going for the obvious choices right now
Just back to the old argument of why so many re-releases when there's so much that hasn't been done
Definitely be all in for LOTR and the hobbit
Maybe a Hdn poll would work?

PLEASE make a cool Lenti of War of the Planet of the Apes 3D to match the other Apes movie! It's one of my favorite Lenti Slips. Maybe make this on a depth Lenti instead of a transition? Either the bald ape or Cesar maybe?

Can somebody with good connections with Tony/Kimchidvd help me recover my website account please? My account is blocked for about two weeks now and after three emails to [email protected] and two emails to [email protected] I´m still left with no response whatsoever!

Next kimchi exclusive is behind the corner and I want to be able to order direct.

Thanks in advance