Release: 15 February 2016
Purchase: Zavvi
Price: £14.99

01.jpg

03.jpg 04.jpg
00.jpg 02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Flloydo

NO it had no gliz and glamour thats why it bombed I recon .

Kira Knightly in a 5th century bikini was out of the box for to meny . Stellan Stetsgard is BRILLIANT as always .
It has Mads Mikkelsen & Hugh Dancy pre- HANNIBAL! + Ray Winstone, Ray Stevenson, Stephen Dillane and Stella Skarsgård, Joel Edgerton...what is not to like?
And despite it not being a great movie, the grittiness of it and comraderie makes it interesting.
Ironically (for being the selling point) Keira Knightly is the weak link. (Historical battle stories rarely benefit from an adorable underbite). I thought the ice lake battle was worth the price of admission.

Zavvi seem to be doing this a lot recently. Putting items up for pre order a few days or week away from release date.
I kinda miss the old way of pre ordering a few months ahead

Seems only that way with Disney/Pixar/marvel and the odd new release when they come out at the cinema
Catalogue titles seem to go up for pre order and then suddenly your charged and dispatched.

I think we all get what people mean when they say that now.
It is just annoying. Blanket, broad stroke generalised blaming is a real crappy thing to do (not to mention intellectually lazy). Call out the real culprit- be it Paramount, Disney, 20th Century Fox, etc.
It's like blaming your local movie theater for making a crappy movie. It makes zero sense.

It is just annoying. Blanket, broad stroke generalised blaming is a real crappy thing to do (not to mention intellectually lazy). Call out the real culprit- be it Paramount, Disney, 20th Century Fox, etc.
It's like blaming your local movie theater for making a crappy movie. It makes zero sense.

Well sometimes I say it like that but I know what or who i mean. Just comes out that way but usually do include the studio or whoever else is involved

Zavvi doesn't make steelbooks. They sell them.
For the 10000000000000000th time....:squint::meh:

What flew up your as*hole today? :whistle: Chill, man. It's a slap in the face by zavvi BECAUSE they sell crap like this. Their policy is overpriced quantity over piss poor quality. Haven't you noticed that?
And I fckn know that a crappy company like zavvi could never make a decent steelbook. Well, they could, but it would cost us an arm and a leg. Greedy fckrs :smuggrin:

To sum up, I know they don't manufacture steelbooks. I'm not stupid :rolleyes:

Reactions: kevindublin
Can we try and keep on topic to the Steelbook please guys. If you want to discuss Zavvi you can do it in the retailer thread here. Thanks.

Reactions: Flash
Will wait on this one, as I like the design and love the film, but it's listed as "Buy Now" rather than a pre order which says this will be dispatched very soon. Will wait for a price drop on this one. It's not a title that will sell out anytime soon and if the finish turns out to be washed out matte then I'm certainly not paying £15. £8 at most.

States it's region free which is cool. I think the steel looks very nice but I don't remember if I saw this movie or its just forgettable. Great cast though!

I will also wait or if the release date changes to 2016 before I order
Not in a rush to get this so I will wait for actual in hand photos
It's not going to sell out fast and most likely will have a price drop
11208800-1114347453773922.jpg

That's one very good-looking steelbook though good sense dictates that this price is toooooooooo high for a catalogue title.
Good sense also dictates that this price is too high for ANY standard 1 disc catalogue title and not forgetting this is probs the same disc as that inside the early release - though even if a re-mastered disc it's still too darn pricey IMO.

The 2007 Amaray is still widely available too, unlike some other early releases which are now OOP and for which I have had to pay steelbook prices to buy.

Bring on a steelbook for "First Knight" and it's about time for an "Excalibur" Blu-ray here in the U.K. as well.

If I can buy a brand new release such as "Last Knights" for under a tenner I hope that I'll be able to do the same for this one though of course this is a 'better' steelbook and a better film (if that makes any difference).

EDIT 16/1/16: Showing "Sold out" ATM (to join "Crimson Peak") :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I pre ordered then canceled yesterday. It's nice. But this is one where I don't LOVE the film, so I am gonna roll the dice and see if this is one of those that will eventually be £8.99...