Germany
Release: 15 February 2016
Purchase: Zavvi
Price: £14.99

01.jpg

03.jpg 04.jpg
00.jpg 02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought this SB and have to say it's nice. Gloss finish with embossed sword and title - nice job.
The film is the extended 20 minute Director's Cut.
I like the film, not historically accurate but good enterntainment and the frozen lake scene is great.

awesome steel for an incredibly wrong movie, dont know why but americans love to rewrite (brittish) history. they should have get at least some advisors if they have no clue what they talking about. this is laughable at best for everyone who knows just a little about the king arthur story and who doesnt know anything about it just got fooled by getting wrong facts over wrong facts. this is even more inaccurate as Braveheart.

Erm the majority of the King Arthur legend is nothing more than myth. No serious British historian would accept any of the versions, so in the case of this film it really doesn't matter. Its a highly entertaining film with a different spin on the Legend, but thats all it is, a legend.

Braveheart on the other hand is historically documented and really they didn't change a huge amount, they fleshed out the love angles and side stories and threw in some fiction, but the basic plot and dates are all correct and taught in every Scottish school, including mine. Bravehearts problem was tje English tried to destroy most of the records so the film researchers found it hard getting all the facts as a lot of what was written vary considerably

awesome steel for an incredibly wrong movie, dont know why but americans love to rewrite (brittish) history. they should have get at least some advisors if they have no clue what they talking about. this is laughable at best for everyone who knows just a little about the king arthur story and who doesnt know anything about it just got fooled by getting wrong facts over wrong facts. this is even more inaccurate as Braveheart.

Ehrm, no one has ever stated that the movie is or was supposed to be historically accurate. If you think that youre the fooled one.

King Arthur is a legendary figure
King Arthur's story is mainly composed of folklore and literary invention, and his historical existence is debated and disputed by modern historians as to if he even existed

Any film done of King Arthur can be anything a film production want to use to tell a story and the purpose of any film is entertainment
King Arthur It's based on literary invention and folklore so any film done is also the same it's an invention to give you a version of a story that's for entertainment

Lots of folklore and legend literature is just story telling and its purpose is to tell a story to entertain

Most folklore is interpretation of history that was some part based on real facts but exaggerated for story telling purpose or in lot of cases totally made up it's purpose is just to tell a story for entertainment.

The purpose of a film is also to entertain and as long as it achieves that it's done it's purpose
Some of the best films based on legendary figure be it real person or an a event made up is exaggerated for it's purpose to entertain
Its not as if it's a film based on real events

I'm curious do you actually think King Arthur was real :LOL:

Reactions: Flloydo and ash333
maybe i didnt stated clear enough what i really mean, english is not my native language but i'll try to explain...my problem is not that it's fantasy or its historical wrong because they showing wrong weapons or something like that (which they do). my problem is that they giving an wrong image of real events/wars and ethnic groups even if its in a mythology or fantasy driven context, the factions are/were real. the image of the saxons, sarmatians, woads (picts) ore even religious influences like the pope are just wrong and lies and they only following one purpose: to legitimate the victorious powers and let them shine in a better light as they really were. it's definetly an strongly political/lobbysm influenced movie like rambo 3, killing season or after earth with more or less subtle messages for certain partys by presenting wrong facts and rewriting history. i understand that people say it's just entertainment and a funny movie and we know its not real but at least you should be aware that it also have content under the smoke screen that can only be described as propaganda.

Last edited:
maybe i didnt stated clear enough what i really mean, english is not my native language but i'll try to explain...my problem is not that it's fantasy or its historical wrong because they showing wrong weapons or something like that (which they do). my problem is that they giving an wrong image of real events/wars and ethnic groups even if its in a mythology or fantasy driven context, the factions are/were real. the image of the saxons, sarmatians, woads (picts) ore even religious influences like the pope are just wrong and lies and they only following one purpose: to legitimate the victorious powers and let them shine in a better light as they really were. it's definetly an strongly political/lobbysm influenced movie like rambo 3, killing season or after earth with more or less subtle messages for certain partys by presenting wrong facts and rewriting history. i understand that people say it's just entertainment and a funny movie and we know its not real but at least you should be aware that it also have content under the smoke screen that can only be described as propaganda.

Hilarious you got any of that from this film. There was no propaganda. It's a blatant popcorn film. I'm a Pict and have no problem with this film at all.

Jeez you need to get out more dude

ZAVWEL54 doesnt seem to be working, or am I wrong?

Not working for me either. None of the codes work with this title so far. ZAVWEL54 only worked the moment it went live the first time and even then, they turned it off after some time.

I've seen this sell for $30 consistently on eBay even thought it's been ~$20 or less on zavvi for a while. Is there any specific reason for this? Is it just people not knowing what zavvi is?

I've seen this sell for $30 consistently on eBay even thought it's been ~$20 or less on zavvi for a while. Is there any specific reason for this? Is it just people not knowing what zavvi is?

They probably have no idea that Zavvi exists.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: JCC
In the email about the Spring Sale they said no discount codes or other offers will work with sale items. I've tried my student discount on several steelbooks in the sale (just to chance it) and it didn't work with any of them.