Germany
Release: 15 February 2016
Purchase: Zavvi
Price: £14.99

01.jpg

03.jpg 04.jpg
00.jpg 02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
In the email about the Spring Sale they said no discount codes or other offers will work with sale items. I've tried my student discount on several steelbooks in the sale (just to chance it) and it didn't work with any of them.

Yeah no codes seems to work which is disappointing, anyone got any to work?

How good is the gloss finish, I have in the past many problems with fine scratches (Equalizer, Training day, Empire of the Sun, Jurassic Park 1-3)?

King Arthur is a legendary figure
King Arthur's story is mainly composed of folklore and literary invention, and his historical existence is debated and disputed by modern historians as to if he even existed

Any film done of King Arthur can be anything a film production want to use to tell a story and the purpose of any film is entertainment
King Arthur It's based on literary invention and folklore so any film done is also the same it's an invention to give you a version of a story that's for entertainment

Lots of folklore and legend literature is just story telling and its purpose is to tell a story to entertain

Most folklore is interpretation of history that was some part based on real facts but exaggerated for story telling purpose or in lot of cases totally made up it's purpose is just to tell a story for entertainment.

The purpose of a film is also to entertain and as long as it achieves that it's done it's purpose
Some of the best films based on legendary figure be it real person or an a event made up is exaggerated for it's purpose to entertain
Its not as if it's a film based on real events

I'm curious do you actually think King Arthur was real :LOL:

King Arther WAS real Paul . Yes the folklaw and Merlin Dragons and the rest a way of it where added as a way to fill long cold days and nights with nothing more to fill the time than back bracking searching for food and scratching a living .

Luckey if they had a roof and a fire and some skins for warmth . No running water electricity never mind internet .

This is the closest to the real incarnation of who he was in 5 AD. The time of his rule was blighted by the at mega eruption in "535 or early 536", with North American volcanoes considered a likely candidate. It also identified signals of a second eruption in 539-40, likely to have been in the tropics, which would have sustained the cooling effects of the first eruption through to around 550.

The whole ledgend was included and twisted most notibly in Le Mort d'Arthur first published 1485 .

King Arther WAS real Paul . Yes the folklaw and Merlin Dragons and the rest a way of it where added as a way to fill long cold days and nights with nothing more to fill the time than back bracking searching for food and scratching a living .

Luckey if they had a roof and a fire and some skins for warmth . No running water electricity never mind internet .

This is the closest to the real incarnation of who he was in 5 AD. The time of his rule was blighted by the at mega eruption in "535 or early 536", with North American volcanoes considered a likely candidate. It also identified signals of a second eruption in 539-40, likely to have been in the tropics, which would have sustained the cooling effects of the first eruption through to around 550.

The whole ledgend was included and twisted most notibly in Le Mort d'Arthur first published 1485 .

What is your evidence? And what do mega eruptions have to do with invading Saxons? Did he live in 5 AD or 5th century AD? Already the story conflicts itself.

What is your evidence? And what do mega eruptions have to do with invading Saxons? Did he live in 5 AD or 5th century AD? Already the story conflicts itself.

The time in English history from what historians and scientists have worked out with the growth rings on trees that where saplings at that time and geological sediment layers recorded a catastrophic drop in temperature .

The sediment found in soil has been linked to the same sediment found in America so wind patterns and the cloud from the eruption servery distrupted the worlds weather pattern . This was about the same time as Arthers rule :) .

AD anno Domini = after Christ 500 ad = 5th no sorry 6th century my bad :) .

EDIT bit sorry the Saxons point .

Yhea indeed they where invading due to thire own catastrophic crop and animal die off due to the above disruption in the wather and ecological disaster .

So all in All the Artherian ledgend not fact was born out of years of hardship misery and wanting a hero to rise up out of the ensueing chaos :) .

Last edited:
Thank you for reminding me of HOW BAD a photograph I am!!!!
Geez I :drool: what you do with your pix!!!!

Nothing special I use my iPhone 7, but I only take my pics when we have a sunny day.

Thanks for those awesome pics @huggy2k4

I ordered me a copy of this on Saturday after eyeing it out for some time now. Movie was okay. But the steelbook is great.

I only brought this last week, I was also eyeing this up since the first in hand photos, but was waiting on a price drop has I'd never seen the film before.

Reactions: denizen
Thank you for reminding me of HOW BAD a photograph I am!!!!
Geez I :drool: what you do with your pix!!!!

I really hope you're not a photograph because that would make your life really difficult or it would make you incredible considering you can use a computer and have thoughts :rofl:
Correction: -er

Nothing special I use my iPhone 7, but I only take my pics when we have a sunny day.

I could use my friends 6000 EUR Nikon D5 and still wouldn't be able to get the red on this steelbook to pop out like that.
Did you use any picture editing software? I haven't seen such lively red on any other King Arthur steelbook :)

Now this is a steelbook.
Its an absolute beauty. Cant stop looking at it.
It really is one of the best releases, I have ever bought from Zavvi, everything about it, is classy

Film was good as well!