King Kong (2005) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #139) [Czech Republic]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: March 4, 2015 May 2019 October 14, 2020 (TBC)
Purchase link: FilmArena
Price: 1599 CZK
Group buy: hosted by carllenc
Note: Full Slip XL. 751 copies

118356325_3512979735485644_6047132565378588844_o.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-08-13 at 16.36.53.png
Screen Shot 2015-08-13 at 16.37.12.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been in conversation with Jan Cikanek, Business manager at Film Arena (who is a friend)

This is the current state of play regarding King Kong.

Early 2015 Film Arena received a batch of KK steelbooks which all had minor damage, for which the Fullsplips had already been prepared.
Such are the exacting standards at FA that they felt they could not possibly sell these as FAC products, and are so selling them off separately as 'damaged'.

In March of 2015, Film Arena decided on scrapping the original project, and planning for a new edition.
What is planned is to combine the 'Director's cut' of the film (which has never been released in the Czech Republic) with Brand New WEA artwork for both the Steelbooks and Fullslip.
This, of course, means harmonizing the new batch production with the Director's cut, and the WEA artwork.
Rights issues and artwork approval are hoped to be solved during 2016, with release set for 2017.
Print run at present is planned at between 2,000 and 4,000.
That is great news @Mickle_89 :thumbs:

I know you all gonna be laughing at me, but this is a movie I can't rewatch, when I saw this as a kid what they end up doing to him it just ''scared me'' hmmm I don't know how to say that word(when you get burn by something it leaves a scar ?? don'y know how to spell that word not scared as in frightened but ''scared by something'' that would leave an emotional Scar ??)... knowing that I'd have to rewatch this again, but made even better more realistic, I just can't watch this cruelty :facepalm:
I think it's called "trauma"

That's great news to hear so if more copies are made available hopefully will people get a chance to grab hold of a copy who are not on the GB. I mean would it be a possibility they could be added to the list.

Reactions: JackRegan and ty233
So the fullslip artwork will be different ? :( It was so nice...

That is the plan, as it stands now. But of course it is presently in flux.

The main thing is that Film Arena are pushing ahead with it, so expect this to be the definitive Steelbook edition when it finally arrives.

@SK 80 yes, I have discussed this with our GB hosts, and dependent on the print run - which, if I rememeber correctly is twice as much at the lower figure of 2,000, that is a yes.
But, this being WEA, and the director's cut, I really expect this will be a full 4,000 print run. I also expect it will sell out rather quickly.

Last edited:
I have been in conversation with Jan Cikanek, Business manager at Film Arena (who is a friend)

This is the current state of play regarding King Kong.

Early 2015 Film Arena received a batch of KK steelbooks which all had minor damage, for which the Fullslips had already been prepared.
Such are the exacting standards at FA that they felt they could not possibly sell these as FAC products, and are so selling them off separately as 'damaged'.

In March of 2015, Film Arena decided on scrapping the original project, and planning for a new edition.
What is planned is to combine the 'Director's cut' of the film (which has never been released in the Czech Republic) with Brand New WEA artwork for both the Steelbooks and Fullslip.
This, of course, means harmonizing the new batch production with the Director's cut, and the WEA artwork.
Rights issues and artwork approval are hoped to be solved during 2016, with release set for 2017.
Print run at present is planned at between 2,000 and 4,000.

Very good news to hear that it's still going ahead as planned. I like the idea of WEA on the SteelBook, too, since I have the other SteelBook artwork with the HDzeta edition. That said, the full slip that was originally planned was a definite winner and I loved it. I hope when they re-do it, they don't move away from that original design too much.

I know you all gonna be laughing at me, but this is a movie I can't rewatch, when I saw this as a kid what they end up doing to him it just ''scarred me'' ... knowing that I'd have to rewatch this again, but made even better more realistic, I just can't watch this cruelty :facepalm:

Hey bud you watched this as a kid? it just came out in 2005. :wow:

Hey bud you watched this as a kid? it just came out in 2005. :wow:

as @Scary Hair said it must have been the 1976 (but it had been done long time before I watched it)

Not the Only King Kong movie out thire 1932, 1976 respectively . Every version the cruelty and torment of Kong and mans ignorance .
indeed it something that traumatized me, I just can't watch this.

Any word on this? Over 2 years now. I need this in my life. I've been waiting for this FilmArena release to see this movie again. Seriously. :wow:

DSC_0025.JPG DSC_0026.JPG DSC_0027.JPG