King Kong (Possible Blu-ray SteelBook) (Bluecats Exclusive) [France]

May 11, 2013
France
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA

king kong.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know. They cut the ass off of King Kong and the tail off of the T-Rex. There was a lot of pissing and moaning when they did that to the Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom steelbook. ;)

It actually looks prfect to me. They don't always have to fit everything on the artwork and end up with one that is so small because of it. Perfect Size Artwork IMO.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
i kinda like the look of it, how the art translates from front to spine to back, and especially being white, never expected this and it looks pretty neat, love it!

but one thing that i'm not so crazy at all was how they aligned the title in 2 lines, moreover they're not aligned nicely vertically it's kind of shifted a little bit and it looks...kinda weird... googled and never saw any editions did this, actually didn't see any edition did the title in 2 lines... so if they can fix this it'd be kinda perfect...

didn't expect the art to be white but love it! but not so crazy with that 2 lines title and they're not aligned vertically, keep it same vertical alignment would look better and cleaner IMO...

I actually like it, not everything has to be symmetrical on a steel art or slip art.
I like this way the Title takes a little bit more Space not being aligned. The ''G'' Stops right where the upper part of the mountain starts.
It fills the corner better this way (to my taste).

But we all have our preferences :thumbs:

Reactions: goufcustom
I need a King Kong steelbook. Interesting to see how this develops. Bluecats is a funny name, but if they are releasing WEA steelbooks I’m interested.

@WendyUncharted you heard of Bluecats?

• Thanks
Reactions: JackieBoy
According to the latest from Bluecats' CEO the KING KONG steelbook - Bluecats exclusive no.2 - is not confirmed :-

"Tonton-Charly

C’est mon souhait, mais je ne peux pas le confirmer, KING KONG n’a pas encore été proposé à Universal, il peut très bien être refusé, donc je ne peux m’avancer.

Plusieurs autres concepts ont été réalisé pour pouvoir poursuivre:
BACKDRAFT,
BEING JOHN MALKOVICH,
SCHINDLER'S LIST (attention Spielberg Valide lui même les visuels et il semble que ça soit très compliqué pour lui soumettre) …

le dernier mot revient quoi qu’il en soit au studio."

• Informative
Reactions: Masta Norris
Never heard of Bluecats?? Shouldn't it be Blucats though instead since it's a "Blu"-ray?

Blucats is a company name in use already so that can't be used

Bluecats are a france retailer they opened as a business in September 2017
The company name is bluecatscollectibles

bluecatscollectibles.com

They have a facebook page also
bluecatscollectibles/

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Blucats in a company name in use already so that can't be used

Bluecats are a france retailer they opened as a business in September 2017
The company name is bluecatscollectibles

bluecatscollectibles.com/

They have a facebook page also
/bluecatscollectibles
Thanks Paul. :)

Reactions: paulboland
Packaging they use for steelbooks looks OK
All our steelbooks are carefully packaged, wrapped in bubble wrap and shipped in a cardboard box to ensure that your purchases are delivered to you in the best conditions

Photos of packaging used is on their website