Knives Out (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: March 30, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre-order Tuesday December 3rd at 6 PM - RC Subscribers will be live at Noon 12 PM)
Price: £29.99

12376841-7184739142280266.jpg
12376841-1184739142478968.jpg 12376841-2044739142386694.jpg
EKzJ2T-XYAE03wD.jpg

Last edited:
Unless you have 160” screen you aren’t gonna be seeing 8K. (the 8K gambit is a whopper of a snake oil con job).
True, if you sit really far from your TV, but the fact is a 65” 4k set has really low DPI (lower than a 24” 1080p monitor) and there are times I see pixels from about 5’, but it requires a relatively static image with fairly solid colors (esp white).

In the end, you may turn out to be right, but I remember when 1080p was unneeded. Then I heard it with 2160p was a waste/unnecessary. In every case, then naysayers turned out to be wrong, but I suppose if you sit 13’ from your TV then 4k is already overkill. Personally, I think 8K will be fine. We might even get true 4k 3D as a bonus.

True, if you sit really far from your TV, but the fact is a 65” 4k set has really low DPI (lower than a 24” 1080p monitor) and there are times I see pixels from about 5’, but it requires a relatively static image with fairly solid colors (esp white).

In the end, you may turn out to be right, but I remember when 1080p was unneeded. Then I heard it with 2160p was a waste/unnecessary. In every case, then naysayers turned out to be wrong, but I suppose if you sit 13’ from your TV then 4k is already overkill. Personally, I think 8K will be fine. We might even get true 4k 3D as a bonus.
I honestly don’t think 8K can take off. People JUST converted to 4K and gearheads who would be the target audience know that 8K isn’t something that will be visable. (Again- Unless you have 160” TV, a giant projector screen, and sit 6 feet from the screen).
...And I don’t think the average joe who just sunk a bunch of dough into 4K gear is gonna wanna do this again.
There was considerable time that passed between 480 to 720/1080, and then 1080p to 4K. 4K just happened. And not only did people have to get new TVs, they had to get new HDCP compliant players and receivers. also they started rebuying their films in 4K., I think people most people are gonna balk at having to redo all this again (especially when they find out there is no real benefit).
I would agree that the better step is to keep improving HDR and introduce 4K 3D. (Still waiting to hear about this magical Glasses-free 3D).
the benefits of 8K are real if you have a huge screen - but for the average person (who probably maxes out at 60-75” screens) this 8K push amounts to snake oil. People just think “Bigger number, must be better”. (Don’t get me started on the folks who have 4K TVs and are sitting too far away to see the benefit. :oops: ).
all things being equal- I believe that the REAL revolution is HDR/Wide Color Gamut and not the resolution bumps.
(i mean, do you ever find yourself being bothered having to watch 1080p instead of 4K? But when HDR and Dolby Vision kick in - that changes everything!)
66CEEDC2-06FC-4715-A21C-ECF9FB5FFE6A.png

Last edited:
Reactions: DMD4k
Cold in July vibes in the style of a Thrombey book. I like it

this will likely end up being another lacklustre zavvi finish compared to US version.
whenever there is a Zavvi exclusive of same art as Best Buy the US edition is always better finished.

Can't decide if I like that design or not... it's certainly different, but the fact the front is off-centered (of course I understand why) kinda bugs me, plus the back makes it look more like a horror film IMO.

Reactions: Punker76
Germany is getting the same 4K Steelbook - therefore it‘s not a „real“ Zavvi Exclusive.

Attachments

• 097DAA3F-A58E-4E5D-B8EA-D48B0060FE12.jpeg
    097DAA3F-A58E-4E5D-B8EA-D48B0060FE12.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 271
Can't decide if I like that design or not... it's certainly different, but the fact the front is off-centered (of course I understand why) kinda bugs me, plus the back makes it look more like a horror film IMO.

Agreed. I really enjoyed this film but I might hold fire until I see an edition I really like.

Reactions: Noodles
I think it looks brilliant. For once I can’t see a premium beating that. Only thing that can let it down is a streaky matte finish

Reactions: goufcustom
Can I just have a quick whinge about the lack of digital copy. The amarays come with them, but once again I have to either buy it or try and get it another way. What a pain.

Top 3 films of 2019.
1. Knives Out
2. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
3. 1917

P.S.
Sorry for Parasite...
Not one moment in the movie provided a surprise for me.
All of the movies ranked provided some...

Just got a shipment notice on it from zavvi. All 4 of the 4k Bond steelbooks arrived this morning from zavvi in those crappy mailers but all steelbooks intact and undamaged. Interestly as a side note any "signed" items I normally get are being put through the door. Normally I have to go to the Post Office to pick them up but not the last few days.

• Informative
Reactions: Punker76
Just got a shipment notice on it from zavvi. All 4 of the 4k Bond steelbooks arrived this morning from zavvi in those crappy mailers but all steelbooks intact and undamaged. Interestly as a side note any "signed" items I normally get are being put through the door. Normally I have to go to the Post Office to pick them up but not the last few days.
Have they run out of the white boxes again? I hope thats not the case i have a few steels coming and i sure dont want them arriving in anything else apart from the white boxes.

Yes EVERYTHING IS. Thought that was obvious.

Most things are. :p
Gravity isn’t. xD

But the take of Parasite not surprising you but Once Upon a Time In Hollywood and 1917 surprising you... well that’s the first I’ve heard of those movies surprising anyone is all. xD

But I mean hey, every movie has its pros and cons, and every one of them is entitled to their own fan bases. I may not understand certain fan-bases for things like Joker or The Rise of Skywalker... but if you got something out of those movies that I didn’t, then I’m happy for you! :)

Signed for items are meant to be placed on your doorstep and then wait for you to answer and then postie signs for it with a code we have been given,this is whilst being 2 metres away from the door.
Trust me I'm doing it and having to explain why aswell,also if there's no answer people are still being carded.