Kong: Skull Island (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 23, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre order live on Saturday July 6 at 6PM UK time)
Price: £24.99
Notes: Debossing on the title and spot gloss finish to the image

K_SI.jpg

K_SI (open).jpg

Last edited:
Please dont tell me this is the SteelBook Filmarena will be using......?
I'm pretty sure the imminent unveiling of this steelbook was the reason why FA mentioned this movie/planned FAC in one of their last updates - so yes, most likely this is going to find its way into the FA slip(s).

Regarding the steel, I can only echo what has already been posted: great front, extremely disappointing back. One can only hope something will change about that. And then there's also one more surprise left: what's the inside going to look like? Blank metal maybe? ;-)

What a stunner!
As with FRIGHT NIGHT couldn't care less about the back especially with such awesome front art.

I try to keep my double dipping to JAWS and John Carpenter's THE THING, but the front of this is pretty sweet. The back is a big bugaboo, but that front is niiiiice. Perhaps @zesty could come up with a likewise enthralling slip?

Great choice of art, but very poorly executed unfortunately... the border is way too big.

It's not a film I'd want to spend that kind of cash on anyway to be honest, so I'll pass.

• Thanks
Reactions: Mararagan
1562287850354.png

1562287811661.png

Following the tradition of stuffing posters with multiple monsters I'd say this most recent masterpiece by Yuji Kaida is the best yet and an instant classic ...
1562285063985.png
1562285118011.png

... and so very different in style to the sober but equally brilliant "Apocalypse Now" homage poster that I still hope to see on the front of a steelbook ...
1562288334922.png

... and much more fun than the previous disappointing steelbook where they split the one poster to cover both sides:-
1562288866909.png

Despite the deep framing style seen on some of his other work including ...
1562285941642.png

... and the similar design style to steelbooks as diverse as READY PLAYER ONE and the Studio Ghibli collection (UK) ...
1562289804256.png
1562289944573.png

... where the artwork escape the frame more than it does here for example . . . this new SKULL ISLAND steelbook is set to become one of the outstanding steelbooks of 2019 thanks to the marvellous front cover and a decent finish.

Thanks for the tag mate well atleast it’s better than the previous Steel even with a blankety blank back. Overall passable steel (could’ve been great if executed better) that FilmArena will most likely use for their very very very ... very long awaited FAC so I may hold out for that instead.

Yeah me too, though preferably I'd like a BluFans WEA that matches the Godzilla style.

Yeah me too, though preferably I'd like a BluFans WEA that matches the Godzilla style.

Unfortunately to much time has passed that I gave up hope that Blufans would do a WEA for Skull as I also would like one to match my BF Godzilla Lenti. Maybe just maybe Godzilla : King of the Monsters can spark some new life into continuing this MonsterVerse BF line.

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k