Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: July 18, 2017
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $39.99 $34.99
Note: SKU 5830400 - Includes 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray/Blu-ray/Blu-ray 3D

5830400_sa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely will drop before release, but 3D and 4K in the same steel has been pretty scarce, even in the premiums over seas....

Quite a few times we have had the 4K and 3D combo in initial listings. Over time, the 3D part disappears from the listing as it is updated. I'd be really surprised if this remained as a combo with both.

• Thanks
Reactions: Lakerone
Quite a few times we have had the 4K and 3D combo in initial listings. Over time, the 3D part disappears from the listing as it is updated. I'd be really surprised if this remained as a combo with both.
I'll be quite happy if Kong just gobbles up the 3D discs so that this offering can come down a bit in price.

Thanks @apsmith21
I would definitely like one if there is enough interest and thanks for putting the offer out their.
I understand if there isn't enough interest due to current price but you never know

Part of it comes down to shipping as well - since it's $22.50 for one item. However, I offer the ability to combine with any of my other group buys
that are being hosted (collectible editions and steelbooks). You can fit 1-3 steelbooks for the same postage cost, so would suggest
keeping that in mind as well.

• Thanks
Reactions: Watkinss1
Part of it comes down to shipping as well - since it's $22.50 for one item. However, I offer the ability to combine with any of my other group buys
that are being hosted (collectible editions and steelbooks). You can fit 1-3 steelbooks for the same postage cost, so would suggest
keeping that in mind as well.
Thanks for the info, as a new member, this all helps greatly

• Thanks
Reactions: apsmith21
Hello there,

I would also be interested in this if there is a Group Buy also

Thanks,

@apsmith21

I am also interested in joining the group buy if you are going to do one. I like to have the 3d and 4k version in one case tbh

Let's keep watch on the listing from Best Buy - they've removed it from the website today, so that means a change is coming. Could be 3D only, we'll know more hopefully soon.

@apsmith21

I am also interested in joining the group buy if you are going to do one. I like to have the 3d and 4k version in one case tbh

Judging by the Best Buy mock-up (notwithstanding this
upload_2017-5-21_13-45-31.png
) there are 2 discs showing . . . no 3D printed on either disc .. . and I'd say the clear message is that this steelbook release is 4K + 2D only.
upload_2017-5-21_13-29-54-png.313562

Last edited:
I still believe it's going to have 3D, the banner on the steelbook and the actual listing states that it has 3D. How much more proof do you guys need? Just because they left the 3D disc out of the picture doesn't mean nothing. 4K UHD, Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray & Digital HD as plain as the eye can see. This will have 3D folks.

• Thanks
Reactions: Watkinss1