Release date: 6th April 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £14.99
Notes: Limited to 2000

Part of the Gallery 1988 Zavvi Exclusive Wave

kungfu.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lolwut
Love the film, hate the artwork. I know they are different studios but would've been nice for at least same type of artwork for the 2 Stephen Chow movies.

Thats an unusual looking steelbook, looks like its been rushed and no care or effort put into making this steelbook they got it all wrong with this one from the colour to the artwork what a mess...

Last edited:
need sunglasses for this release, maybe they should come as a free gift :) Don't know why but i like its uniqueness though, might look nice once in hand.

I personally like the steelbook a little bit more each time I see it... the artwork is wacky, just like the film! :D

Check out @zerox39 video here for a better idea of what it looks like in hand. :thumbs:

Reactions: yardman
I thought this steel would have artwork similar to Shaolin Soccer which I like. Would be cool to have a box set exclusive of the two popular Stephen Chow movies Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle. You can envision some great concept art and embossing.

Reactions: lolwut
I quite like it but will wait for a price drop, never seen the film but I do love classic Hong Kong cinema and have heard very good things about this movie in the past.

I will probably pick this up if the price drops, what would make the design better (besides choosing totally different art) is if the lollipop pieces were spot glossed