Léon: The Professional (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 57) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: May 3, 2023
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on March 3 at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $159.97 (Box Set) - $48.99 (Full Slip) - $49.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)

Notes: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600. Scratch Resistant Coating, Embossing, Foil.
Full Slip: 1000 units, Numbered 1-1000. Spot Glossy, Scratch Resistance Coating, Embossing, Foil.
Lenti: 1000 units, Numbered 1-1000. 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing.
Double Lenti: 1000 units, Numbered 1-1000. 2 x 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker.

LEON_OC_V2_2000x.jpgLEON_FS_V2_2000x.jpgLEON_LS_V2_5000x.jpgLEON_DLS_V2_2000x.jpg

Last edited:
This. And there are still missing numbers: 22, 28, 33, 36, 42, 43, 44, 53, 54, 55.

I hope Manta is not waiting forever filling the holes.
Honestly i think many of those early ones are for titles they may never get licence to release, but are holding them just in case. I don't think they ever replaced Shazam's # even though that was openly cancelled?

Reactions: Flloydo
Manufacture on Demand! We got Pay-Per-View, Video-on-Demand, now it's time for studios to take control and satisfy the physical media market properly. Squeeze out all the 'boutique' and so called 'premium' companies, and since they can't make proper deals with them, forcing titles and quantities on them, why not adapt a MoD scheme. I'd wait 3 months from payment/order for an edition to ship, if I knew I could order ANY title ANYTIME in a CHOICE of packaging. Like 3 steel designs, a digipack, and an amaray with 5 covers and slips. Whole studio catalog should be available to stream for $5-10, and a physical MoD copy for $10-40, depending on the choice.
I hope it comes to that some day, I just think I'll be dead by then.

I've literally just explained why it wouldn't work. I think you're just suggesting the route because it would work for you. The fact that it may work for one bespoke videogame company doesn't mean it'll work for Manta, or the premium steelbook market as a whole.

I was really interested on knowing your opinion but apparently it's still impossible in 2023 to share different points of view without getting condescending or well reasoned responses. Only 5 mins reading my comments would have been enough.

Manta specifically will have a contract with WB that stipulates how many titles, and copies of titles, they can release within a set time period. They need to meet these to fulfil their contract, and that's that.
If you read my first comment, this is exactly my main point about why their business model is how it is. I'm not part of the movies business so I don't know if these are the only contracts majors can offer. My guess is something else should be possible. If a company has proven over the years that it's reliable and produce quality releases of their movies, wouldn't be WB, Sony, Universal more happy if instead of selling 3500 copies they sell 4100 of one movie and 4550 of another one?

That's not even taking into account that a company with such a consistent schedule as Manta will have their own processes and supplier contracts in place to physically produce their products. These will be based on volume requirements, which again wouldn't work if they suddenly need to half or double the quantity of a planned release.

A business plan based on mass volume fluctuations isn't feasible for a company with a steady production schedule. It's as simple as that.
This tells me you didn't even take the time to undestand how Limited Runs Games works and you just wanted to make your point without understanding my question.

LRG don't produce videogames, they publish games from studios. They publish every month 5 or 6 titles for different platforms (XBox, PS5, PS4, PC, Switch). How many Manta publish every month? 1 or 2 in their best times.

Moreover, they publish Nitendo Switch games that were originally published as digital. They build the physical copies of these games. They need the cartridges, boxes, covers, etc. Manta and others usually reuse the discs that the studios provides them.

As you can imagine, LRG is a company that have lots of requirements in terms of suppliers with "a steady production schedule" and "bussines model based on mass volume fluctuations". Do you get it? Do you see the similarities? So no, it's not as simple as that.

I was going to reply in a different way but I'm tired of your type of comments.

I was really interested on knowing your opinion but apparently it's still impossible in 2023 to share different points of view without getting condescending or well reasoned responses. Only 5 mins reading my comments would have been enough.

If you read my first comment, this is exactly my main point about why their business model is how it is. I'm not part of the movies business so I don't know if these are the only contracts majors can offer. My guess is something else should be possible. If a company has proven over the years that it's reliable and produce quality releases of their movies, wouldn't be WB, Sony, Universal more happy if instead of selling 3500 copies they sell 4100 of one movie and 4550 of another one?

This tells me you didn't even take the time to undestand how Limited Runs Games works and you just wanted to make your point without understanding my question.

LRG don't produce videogames, they publish games from studios. They publish every month 5 or 6 titles for different platforms (XBox, PS5, PS4, PC, Switch). How many Manta publish every month? 1 or 2 in their best times.

Moreover, they publish Nitendo Switch games that were originally published as digital. They build the physical copies of these games. They need the cartridges, boxes, covers, etc. Manta and others usually reuse the discs that the studios provides them.

As you can imagine, LRG is a company that have lots of requirements in terms of suppliers with "a steady production schedule" and "bussines model based on mass volume fluctuations". Do you get it? Do you see the similarities? So no, it's not as simple as that.

I was going to reply in a different way but I'm tired of your type of comments.
Granted, I did not look into how LRG is run, but from your reference to their preorder model that's all I think I needed to know to form my opinion that it isn't applicable to the (usually) well oiled premium steelbook machine that is manta lab (in it's current/2023 projected state), or actually to any company with a very consistent production line.

As I explained in length, any kind of open ended preorder determined allocation simply isn't feasible for such a regular release schedule. Not to be harsh, but I honestly would of thought that common sense would tell you that. The idea is a pipe dream of certain collectors, nothing more.

Apologies, the intention wasn't to sound condescending, but in all fairness I did directly answer exactly what you asked me in two prior posts (one of which was fairly sizable), so I was probably as agitated by your response as you were by mine.

If we don't agree, that's cool, we obviously don't have to. In my opinion though, you can't simply give one single example of a videogame company model, and apply it to an entirely different industry that 99.9% does not, and has not, followed that pattern

Reactions: Masta Norris
I think it’s time to delete this thread. It started off with a heated discussion about pedophilia to this
Yeah, by now I'd prefer togo back to THAT instead of having the 10000th discussion about scalping or f***ing Videogames......the fact that some people missed out on this Steelbook means that they are still in high demand, besides inflation and global emergencies and all, which in my book is a good thing.....

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Where is that ROBOT mod to make order? When you need him with his robotic response he just vanishes into thin air :p

I think it’s time to delete this thread. It started off with a heated discussion about pedophilia to this
No, please.
This thread has to be visible for everyone to read it through. Let's make all readers know how GB hosts SCALP.

...back some pages:
FS only $130 here and plenty in stock..

And If anybody is wondering WHO is this dude who owns "Bluraylife" store, there you go the clue:

To sum up: Group Buys have been the tool to help some collectors... harming others. Overdemanding, in advance, all the stock they can afford to scalp with them later.
I've been talking about this years, but half of "usuals" from here laughed at me for expose this, and tried to look the attention away (I guess because they have business with scalpers), and now, is a fact.

PD:
Pages and pages talking about others matters might fuzzy the people. These links and quotes provided may help readers.

As fun as this thread is...

No denying this care for the community hobby is Materialistic. Lets look at meaning of Materialistic: excessively concerned with material possessions; money-oriented.

Just get over it and move on. Everyone understands everyone's opinion so far. Lets just park this until another appropriate thread is opened [sarcasm].

Just get over it and move on.
i wish GIF

To sum up: Group Buys have been the tool to help some collectors... harming others.

The hyperbole is strong in this thread. These are movies; nobody is being 'harmed.'

Where I work something like 100 people got laid off yesterday without any warning and are now suddenly unemployed. That's an example of one group of people "harming others." There's an ongoing genocide in Myanmar. Again, a nice example of people being harmed. Here in the U.S., a train full of toxic chemicals derailed that was operated by a company that successfully lobbied against increasing train safety and braking standards. Yet another very good example of something harming others. This thread - like so many others on this board - has become focused on people complaining about not being able (or being unwilling) to buy movies because of scalping practices that none of these posts are going to stop. It stinks to miss out on things that you want, but nobody here is being 'harmed,' including the people who willingly choose to pay exorbitant scalper fees (I wouldn't, but other's seem to be okay with it).

Can we all just agree: We don't like scalping? Yes? Great. Some members don't want to participate in group buys and that's fine. Others (like me) do occasionally use them, and that's also fine. Sometimes we all miss out on the editions we want. C'est la vie. They're freaking movies. That's it. Check on eBay or Mercari, or wherever, and you just might eventually find one at a reasonable cost. It's not even all that uncommon that premium editions are listed for pretty fair prices. If not, then I guess we'll all just have to live without the editions that we missed and be satisfied with the knowledge that our lives are going well enough that we have the time and ability to discuss the movies that we didn't or couldn't buy. That's more of a luxury than anything else.

Last edited:
No, please.
This thread has to be visible for everyone to read it through. Let's make all readers know how GB hosts SCALP.

...back some pages:

And If anybody is wondering WHO is this dude who owns "Bluraylife" store, there you go the clue:

To sum up: Group Buys have been the tool to help some collectors... harming others. Overdemanding, in advance, all the stock they can afford to scalp with them later.
I've been talking about this years, but half of "usuals" from here laughed at me for expose this, and tried to look the attention away (I guess because they have business with scalpers), and now, is a fact.

PD:
Pages and pages talking about others matters might fuzzy the people. These links and quotes provided may help readers.
Even though I see your point and I do blame premium retailers for GB's (which I'm forced to use since, for example, WeET doesn't ship to my country), we're talking about a hobby, c'mon... It's not like they made it hard to get milk and bread...
Yours seems like a holy crusade, kinda redundant if you ask me...

Reactions: Billy Talent
No, please.

...back some pages:

PD:

You are a class A moron, the GB had plenty of copies left until the last minute. So nobody buys it and if its resold later at an aftermarket price there is an issue?

Maybe all the premium steelbooks sold on ebay and other channels must be sold by all GB hosts. So essentially I and other GB hosts should work for hours making sure the product gets to the collectors, enable the practice of reselling anything that is limited at a higher price but not indulge in reaping these rewards? Did I ever mention I am running a non profit charity?

You have done zero to help anyone on the forum, except crapping on threads with your usual idiotic arguments.

I will buy you and sell you to yourself at a scalper price if you don't stop with your usual crying and rant.

Last edited: