L.A. Confidential (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Jul 13, 2016
United kingdom
Release date: October 2, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-orders will be live from around 6PM UK time on Saturday September 2nd)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Includes six collectible artcards

IMG_1617.JPG

IMG_1618.JPG
IMG_1619.JPG
IMG_1620.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: javiermendoza
I've been humming-and-harring over getting the HDZ for months now. This looks decent though, maybe get it for ~£12

HDZ's was way too rich for my blood, so I'll settle for this instead... personally I don't mind the artwork, especially if it receives a decent finish (spot gloss on the red and some embossing).

• Thanks
Reactions: javiermendoza
I've been waiting for this for ages and it finally comes with ****** artwork....how god damn lazy

Urgh...I remember when I was always excited with each new release. Now I can't even be bothered :(

Beg for the HDZeta but the price is a killer. Not that the set isn't worth the money. Well worth it to me.

Nice to see this at Zavvi for a more affordable price, but initially I'm disappointed in the art. Usually a killswitch for me, but I'll give it some time and see if I change my mind. The inner art and back aren't worthy of this film either. It is, however, nice to see all the art cards. Perhaps......

This masterpiece deserves much much better. I have Zeta's box and really like that but would have bought this had it been better artwork.
Looks like the UK will get a slipcover with better artwork, might have to get that one.

Reactions: jaws finatic
This masterpiece deserves much much better. I have Zeta's box and really like that but would have bought this had it been better artwork.
Looks like the UK will get a slipcover with better artwork, might have to get that one.
This would seal the deal, if the slip is a more worthy offering than the steel itself.

Yup, basically taking the logo of the film - as seen in this poster - and turning it into 'art':-
la-confidential-logo.jpg

. . . and, yes, don't know what's up with these oversized titles - this and the other recently announced LION KING Signature Edition U.S. as another recent example - but at least that one has real artwork below the title unlike this where the artwork is actually inside the title.
Of course not the first time this has happened, artwork inside the title, with another recent example being THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN which I find works well and certainly better than here with LA CONFIDENTIAL which as we all know is one of the most highly rated films of recent times and bad news to see a steelbook like this for that reason alone.
Admittedly not a fan of the film myself although I appreciate the style having watched a considerable number of films of this style from the '40s and '50s:-
upload_2017-9-1_0-47-49.png

As for films in steelbooks - with abbreviated titles or even acronyms - there aren't too many around . . . and unlike here the titles do not have to take up most of the canvas doing away with the need for more substantial artwork:-
upload_2017-9-1_3-37-39.png
upload_2017-9-1_3-39-39.png
upload_2017-9-1_4-2-25.png

Nothing against massive titles in general and some can work well . . . or at least better than others:-
upload_2017-9-1_0-42-6.png
upload_2017-9-1_0-43-7.png
upload_2017-9-1_0-45-12.png
upload_2017-9-1_3-51-23.png
upload_2017-9-1_4-11-53.png

Last edited:
Pre Order change of live time dates
L.A. Confidential
Pre-orders will be live from around 6PM UK time on Sunday September 3rd

O Brother Where Art Thou?
Pre-orders will be live from around 6PM UK time on Saturday September 2nd
Live now to pre order

It might be a Zavvi Error but they now are saying L.A. Confidential is also going live

It's possible they put O Brother Where Art Thou? live by mistake