Last Action Hero (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Jan 31, 2014
Release date: June 28 July 19, 2021 (Collectors's Edition) - May 31 , 2021 (SteelBook Only)
Purchase links: Collector's Edition - SteelBook only (Pre-order on April 4, at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 6 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £49.99 (Collector's Edition) - £25.99 (SteelBook only)

Collectors's Edition.jpg 1.jpg

74D3BA25-1612-4F4F-A889-1EEA0BB04FE6.jpeg
1.jpg2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Scanavo EU obviously has some fetish for zero/matte recently. Yuck. The US glossy variant is better, but the original zavvi release kills both by a country mile as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: djjez83
I don’t understand why we get different finishes on the same steelbook. Are Americans more worthy of a better finish? Typically we pay more for the same thing with a poorer finish. The steelbook should be the same no matter where it’s bought if it’s the same design.

Reactions: Punker76
I don’t understand why we get different finishes on the same steelbook. Are Americans more worthy of a better finish? Typically we pay more for the same thing with a poorer finish. The steelbook should be the same no matter where it’s bought if it’s the same design.

There is a factory in the USA as well as Europe. So there are two factors - studio reps are not the same between territories as well as how the movie is licensed in a country / region. And that also means what they are willing to do for a steelbook edition might vary and location obviously influences the decision.

It is not unheard of the global run to be created in one region - like Europe. for example and remember that it's also possible that costs come down (to a certain point) the more copies that are created / printed.

As above, unfortunately the region literally makes all of the difference. A "world wide" design means nothing when it's shared between different scanavo manufacturing plants and different arms of the distributing studio who place the order.

It hasn't always been the way that the US finish is superior anyway. Actually, historically the EU has has far more exclusive releases than the US, or those that are heavily embossed. Its only been the past few years where we've had the short end.

Reactions: Retro Parrot
If people don't understand something and think everything should be the same then do something about it.

Do some research, contact the people in charge, find out the answers to your questions. There must be a reason for it. Then demand something be done about it.

Make things be the same!

Open your own movie studio, release your own movies and then release discs of those movies in your own SteelBooks.
Make them all the same in every country and make sure they are sold by every retailer in every country. Make sure there are enough copies for everybody on the planet or it won't be the same for everybody.

Can't afford to open your own studio? Get out there and find a way to get enough money to open your own studio. Find a way to make it so everybody can own their own studio and put out their own SteelBooks. It should be the same everywhere!

Look in the mirror and make that change! Then you'll never have to say "I don't understand..." ever again!

You can do it if you... you just have to...you just gotta put your mind... :yawn:

Or not.