Last Action Hero (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Jan 31, 2014
Release date: June 28 July 19, 2021 (Collectors's Edition) - May 31 , 2021 (SteelBook Only)
Purchase links: Collector's Edition - SteelBook only (Pre-order on April 4, at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 6 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £49.99 (Collector's Edition) - £25.99 (SteelBook only)

Collectors's Edition.jpg 1.jpg

74D3BA25-1612-4F4F-A889-1EEA0BB04FE6.jpeg
1.jpg2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally arrived today, the collectors box is nice and sturdy, similar to the ones that arrow use.

The rest of the filler is fine I guess.

Completely meh. That box could of been epic but it’s just boring. And that finish on the steel is terrible too. Why is everything matte at the moment. Frustrating considering the prices of these 4K re releases and boxed editions. Every recent matte artwork looks completely washed out and dull in hand compared to the bright mock ups.

This, looper, shrek, x men wave (last stand and deadpool look a bit more like their mock ups). It’s just getting so boring

Completely meh. That box could of been epic but it’s just boring. And that finish on the steel is terrible too. Why is everything matte at the moment. Frustrating considering the prices of these 4K re releases and boxed editions. Every recent matte artwork looks completely washed out and dull in hand compared to the bright mock ups.

This, looper, shrek, x men wave (last stand and deadpool look a bit more like their mock ups). It’s just getting so boring
Smokey And The Bandit......matte!!

Seems like anymore we only get glossed steelbooks from the premium retailers or Best Buy.

I'm betting the Jaws steelbooks are going to be matte also.....

Smokey And The Bandit......matte!!

Seems like anymore we only get glossed steelbooks from the premium retailers or Best Buy.

I'm betting the Jaws steelbooks are going to be matte also.....

The Jaws 4K SteelBook was matte worldwide so I expect the rest of the series to be the same.

Decided to keep my order for this after all since I love the movie but didn't even own a single copy of it. Glad the slip is at least sturdy as promised, but some spot-gloss or something (similar to the folder that holds the "art" cards) on there would've been nice... same for the boring matte steel! And I know I'm dumb for even thinking it, but I expected the ticket to be metal for some reason lol... I guess the high price convinced me it would actually be a premium quality set :rolleyes:

Decided to keep my order for this after all since I love the movie but didn't even own a single copy of it. Glad the slip is at least sturdy as promised, but some spot-gloss or something (similar to the folder that holds the "art" cards) on there would've been nice... same for the boring matte steel! And I know I'm dumb for even thinking it, but I expected the ticket to be metal for some reason lol... I guess the high price convinced me it would actually be a premium quality set :rolleyes:

I thought it was going to be metal too mate because of the cost. Honesty these prices take the p!ss. This will all backfire on them one day. It baffles me how cheap these are in the US compared to the U.K. (the 4K steels of course)

I got the European edition and more recently I managed to snag the US version (gloss finish). The gloss brings the steel to a different level. I cannot uderstand why the recent trend towards matte editions. Cheaper to produce but c'mon! that decision brings them to ridiculous when a different manufacturer delivers the same product with an improved finish in a different continent. Absurd.

Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles
I thought it was going to be metal too mate because of the cost. Honesty these prices take the p!ss. This will all backfire on them one day. It baffles me how cheap these are in the US compared to the U.K. (the 4K steels of course)
I originally ordered it with the intention of eventually cancelling even when I assumed it would be metal, but the fact I've not been ordering as much stuff lately and therefore saved up a bit of cash was the main reason I decided not to. If I'd known it was just a bit of card (granted it's my own fault for thinking otherwise tbf), then no doubt about it I wouldn't've kept my order. Think I'm still gonna try hunt down the previous steel and then just sell this... good news is the old steel has dropped a fair bit in price due to this release, so I suppose it's not all bad lol.

I originally ordered it with the intention of eventually cancelling even when I assumed it would be metal, but the fact I've not been ordering as much stuff lately and therefore saved up a bit of cash was the main reason I decided not to. If I'd known it was just a bit of card (granted it's my own fault for thinking otherwise tbf), then no doubt about it I wouldn't've kept my order. Think I'm still gonna try hunt down the previous steel and then just sell this... good news is the old steel has dropped a fair bit in price due to this release, so I suppose it's not all bad lol.

Mad considering the original steel is much better and also matte. Very creative front. But very smooth non streaky Matte. And you get the poster art on the back. Win win

Has everyone had a despatch email already for the collector's edition? Payment was taken at the beginning of the week but still "processing".
Well, I had two on order, (2 separate orders), both had been charged for, but only got one shipping email, the other said 'awaiting dispatch', so left it, now it's gone back to 'Processing', this is indicative of overselling,....

Good thing though as what arrived was not of the best quality, scuffed edges on the outer box and it's construction is awful, with weird square, rectangular raised bits on the back with small little dings and marks. The added card tat is tat, the numbered card is welcome, and the steelbook is pretty good (loose disc again, seems to be common with this release)

I took the opportunity to simply cancel the extra order and I had the quickest ever refund, within 60 seconds of cancelling, my Paypal payment was refunded.... at least zavvi did that bit right...

Reactions: Porradude