Last Action Hero (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release Date: March 21st, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (Live Sunday 2/14 18:00 UK time)
Price: £12.99

11245840-1754365387880575.jpg

11245840-1644365387919407.jpg
11245840-1754365387935538.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Flloydo It could also be the extras that most retailers request to replace damaged copies (usually a few hundreds). So for example, after X amount of time and provided they are no longer receiving complaints that a specific steelbook has been received scratched/damaged/whatever and it needs replacing, they might as well sell these rather than just leave them lying there.

The above is simply an educated guess and logical reasoning rather than insider info. :)

Now let's get back on topic before a mod comes in and... oh wait... :p

@Flloydo It could also be the extras that most retailers request to replace damaged copies (usually a few hundreds). So for example, after X amount of time and provided they are no longer receiving complaints that a specific steelbook has been received scratched/damaged/whatever and it needs replacing, they might as well sell these rather than just leave them lying there.

The above is simply an educated guess and logical reasoning rather than insider info. :)

Now let's get back on topic before a mod comes in and... oh wait... :p

To be honest I assumed that half the time and for a company to randomly find boxes all the time full of steels (like I jokingly say) that had apparently sold out would be crappy of them as a company that they don't know their stock levels but I reakon that's happened one or twice.

Was hoping that would happen with sleepy hollow last year and all damaged items were replaced by supplier but obvioulsy didn't

It's more toward vikira as he seems to not understand that all these come back in stock around release becuase of payment problems and cancellations but he thinks this and Rambo will not happen. It's guaranteed to happen

Last edited:
@Flloydo I hope it comes back in stock and stays long enough till after I see in-hand pics and decide if I want it or not :LOL:

I like what they have "tried" to do but for me id prefer the art to be switched around. But hey ho

If it's gloss it could look fantastic in hand and it looks like it could be like Jamunji or hook with the correct finish and embossing

Also depends how that yellow/ gold comes out in the end

So erm it's sold out and had £19.99 slapped on it but we know Zavvi and their sudden stock replenishing, I'll see how I feel about this order next month. :whistle: :D

Arnie Hamlet.gif

Reactions: K.i.T
has this SOLD OUT or not gone live yet?

It went live the other week and now it's "zavvi sold out"
It will most likely come back in stock around release or just after but how long it stays in stock depends on how popular this was on pre order and I suppose after pics start to surface

@Flloydo If Zavvi have removed ALL the release dates from their listings, how do we know as the customer how long we actually have to potentially "cancel" before the order is due to ship... ? :cautious:

Kind of messes with my Zavvi plan of "order now, think later..." :LOL:

Reactions: Flloydo
@Flloydo If Zavvi have removed ALL the release dates from their listings, how do we know as the customer how long we actually have to potentially "cancel" before the order is due to ship... ? :cautious:

Kind of messes with my Zavvi plan of "order now, think later..." :LOL:

Well when I order anything I put them in my notes on my iPhone in order of date released so if I need to cancel I go by the date we was told originally (unless we are informed of date changes - which won't work now until they add dates again) and I usually cancel on the Sunday/Monday the week before release (as you know we can be charged anytime between the Monday before through to release date or after in some instances)
But I would argue it with them if they send it out a lot earlier (weeks before - which has happened) especially with release dates missing that you was unaware of the release date due to them deleting them all

Obvioulsy people have monthly budgets like myself so if it messed with that I'm not happy either because without knowing I may need that money for bills and I can cancel the item and order after etc

They have been absent for nearly a week now I think and I thought they would of been updated and sorted out a few days after but I don't know what they are thinking and playing at.

It's very odd. Maybe they don't even realise lol

• Informative
Reactions: Mickle_89
Well when I order anything I put them in my notes on my iPhone in order of date released so if I need to cancel I go by the date we was told originally (unless we are informed of date changes - which won't work now until they add dates again) and I usually cancel on the Sunday/Monday the week before release (as you know we can be charged anytime between the Monday before through to release date or after in some instances)
But I would argue it with them if they send it out a lot earlier (weeks before - which has happened) especially with release dates missing that you was unaware of the release date due to them deleting them all

Obvioulsy people have monthly budgets like myself so if it messed with that I'm not happy either because without knowing I may need that money for bills and I can cancel the item and order after etc

They have been absent for nearly a week now I think and I thought they would of been updated and sorted out a few days after but I don't know what they are thinking and playing at.

It's very odd. Maybe they don't even realise lol
Appreciate all the info buddy! :thumbs: I seriously hope all the release dates for pre-orders are reinstated soon rather than not at all... o_O Seriously shocking sales practises if the latter turns out to be the case :facepalm:

Would contact them myself but cannot be arsed given my prediction of a computerised BS response... :rolleyes:

Reactions: Flloydo
C'mon guys, this is all getting a bit ridiculous - just because there are no release dates listed at Zavvi at the moment it does NOT follow that the items are not coming or that the items are coming way outside the dates of release listed on other sites/forums . . .
Just because Zavvi has temporarily removed the release dates from their listings it's common knowledge that there are a number of other sites for anyone to access where the release dates are clearly listed - even here, at the top of each thread, you will spot the release date of each steel, if known.
If the lack of a release date is such a problem then it goes without saying "Don't order the item(s) until Zavvi returns the dates to the listings . . ." :rolleyes:
If proof is needed that the missing release dates is a red herring all anyone needs to do is check out the threads here and elsewhere for the steels due for release tomorrow (the 22/2/126) such as ALICE IN WONDERLAND, TOMBSTONE and THE COLO(U)R OF MONEY - and they will clearly see that these steels are being delivered as normal in the normal timeframe (from last Friday the 19/2) in time for tomorrow's published release date.

C'mon guys, this is all getting a bit ridiculous - just because there are no release dates listed at Zavvi at the moment it does NOT follow that the items are not coming or that the items are coming way outside the dates of release listed on other sites/forums . . .
Just because Zavvi has temporarily removed the release dates from their listings it's common knowledge that there are a number of other sites for anyone to access where the release dates are clearly listed - even here, at the top of each thread, you will spot the release date of each steel, if known.
If the lack of a release date is such a problem then it goes without saying "Don't order the item(s) until Zavvi returns the dates to the listings . . ." :rolleyes:
If proof is needed that the missing release dates is a red herring all anyone needs to do is check out the threads here and elsewhere for the steels due for release tomorrow (the 22/2/126) such as ALICE IN WONDERLAND, TOMBSTONE and THE COLO(U)R OF MONEY - and they will clearly see that these steels are being delivered as normal in the normal timeframe (from last Friday the 19/2) in time for tomorrow's published release date.

No one is saying the items are coming before or after the release dates. We are just speculating things that have happened in the past. And zavvi have been known to do things without a warning which many of us have commented on in the past.
And I'm not talking about sending a pre order out 5 days early. That's pretty much the norm the majority of the time.

The release date missing is a bit fishy and originally when I noticed it I thought it was a temporary thing but they have been missing for a week now. Could just be an accident but they don't do themselves any favours especially with new collectors.

Nearly all my mates (or others I know and have worked with) who love film and buy blu Rays or DVD's have no clue about this site and other sites regarding Steelbook collectables or digipacks etc. My mates don't even know the extent of my collecting or how many i own (they would think I'm mad but that's there opinion)
So not everyone who sees an item on zavvi for a Steelbook will look here or other places to see when it's released. In fact it might be someone who just see a film they like and where it might be a catalogue title might think it's avaliable now.

I've seen the proof on ebay with an item selling for much more than retail price or price drop when it's still in stock (cheaper) from the website that delivers worldwide.
Some of those people prob collect steels that don't have a clue about these sites that are updated daily with info or price drops etc

Also some threads In the past have had incorrect info like a release date where it hadn't been updated yet. Rare but it happens

If you don't like the whole pre order release date chat then don't read it. But obviously some people have asked when it's out because I have a few times told them all release dates are missing. So having this info to read is important to some especially in a thread regarding an item in question.
Although this will prob get moved to the zavvi retail thread now

Reactions: Mickle_89
Pretty clever that they had the UK release date as the cinema ticket was released 30th July (07) 1993 hence the 071993 at the top and Arnold's birthday (30071947) at the bottom