Last Action Hero (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release Date: March 21st, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (Live Sunday 2/14 18:00 UK time)
Price: £12.99

11245840-1754365387880575.jpg

11245840-1644365387919407.jpg
11245840-1754365387935538.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really on the fence with this one.
Love the film so much and really want it on blu ray and Steelbook form but I'm just not feeling the front art. Liking the back though and warming round to the border

Reactions: chunk
Yeah. I don't think my friends or I gave it a glowing review on our cards but not the low 40s. It was an unfinished product we saw. I remember seeing wires and other unfinished special effects. One of my friends described the movie on her card as "loud" or something like that. I liked it enough to buy the VHS from the previously viewed section at Hollywood Video after it hit home video release. I don't think it was a huge amount of changes up until the end which was noticeably different.

But then again, I loved "Tank Girl" (another test audience mangled movie) and "the Pirate Movie" so my opinion may not be with the mainstream:)

I'm guessing this will eventually hit a lower price on Zavvi? I'd like it eventually, maybe.....

Yes, quite so, but the audience reaction to the test screenings was so bad that a new writer was called in (Shane Black) to rewrite certain parts and other bits were hastily reshot. Memorable comments from the audience at the time ranged from "Juvenile", "Off the mark", "Confusing towards the end", "Willy Wonka with guns", "The movie just sat there like a big fried egg" to harsh stuff like "This movie has cancer".
The audience test score cards (to show how many of the audience would definitely recommend the film) ranged from 46% to 72% with no sign of the hoped for 90% or over.

The only other "alternative versions" of the film were those shown on TV by (1) Channel 5 which was cut by up to 10 minutes of profane language and violence and (2) ITV cut to under two hours with entire scenes removed such as the burglar at Danny's house and subsequent police station scene to cuts for violence including when Arnie kicks a SWAT member in the ghoulies.
As printed on the back of the BD case the film should run for "Approx.131 mins.".

I personally take all the negativity surrounding this film and flush it down the toilet - "THIS FILM IS A GREAT DEAL OF FUN" is my opinion :)

I'm really on the fence with this one.
Love the film so much and really want it on blu ray and Steelbook form but I'm just not feeling the front art. Liking the back though and warming round to the border

Order now and think it over for a month:thumbs:

I put it in my basket then went to the price drop thread and used @javiermendoza link:notworthy::thumbs: and got an order in for £11.69:joy:

Only just seen your tag @harry thank you:notworthy::thumbs:
Gotta get it at that price:cigar:

Reactions: Flloydo
@GBP 11.69 happy to make an exception for this fine steelbook and fun cult catalogue title :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A nice touch would be a numbered "Golden Ticket" deposited in each of these steelbooks giving the buyer with the right number a cash prize of, say, GBP 2,000 (2,000 print run).
Wouldn't be a unique idea - see last year's METROPOLIS where every buyer had a chance to win a 180gm solid gold bar worth approx. GBP 4,000 (4,000 print run).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before I forget, would just like to extend a big Thank-You to Sony/Zavvi for making available catalogue steels at a more acceptable pre-order price than before (and, of course, for also making available the 10% code :thumbs:) and even though I've only ordered this one and "Rambo" I do appreciate it.

Last edited:
@GBP 11.69 happy to make an exception for this fine steelbook and fun cult catalogue title :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A nice touch would be a numbered "Golden Ticket" deposited in each of these steelbooks giving the buyer with the right number a cash prize of, say, GBP 2,000 (2,000 print run).
Wouldn't be a unique idea - see last year's METROPOLIS where every buyer had a chance to win a 180gm solid gold bar worth approx. GBP 4,000 (4,000 print run).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before I forget, would just like to extend a big Thank-You to Sony/Zavvi for making available catalogue steels at a more acceptable pre-order price than before (and, of course, for also making available the 10% code :thumbs:) and even though I've only ordered this one and "Rambo" I do appreciate it.
I doubt they would be adding any extras such as golden tickets especially at this price. I remember Metroplolis had one but it was also individually numbered and priced at £25. I don't think they will be adding anything extra with these catalogue titles.