Latest & upcoming Record Releases

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Since most ninjas are more interested in Soundtracks/Scores I thought a Discussion Thread for the latest and upcoming releases of regular records would make sense!

Share your pre-orders you're excited about, re-issues you're looking for or share special editions we should know about!

Attachments

• comingsoon1.png
    comingsoon1.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 610
Reactions: spass and Noodles
Now I have the time to reply properly Daniel. Last night it was very busy at work and when I got your notification I almost shouted out my response, lol! :rofl:

I have a very special releationship with this album, I must have listened to it hundreds of times. Around 99-00 when I worked in a vinyl second hand shop for about a year and half I played this non-stop over the speakers. I still listens to it regularly.

The price is steep but when vat is deducted it ended up at £66.95 + shipping. I don't have time for this to drop in price, lol. Looks like a great package and this album deserves nothing less. It's a full on CLASSIC! :D

Have you heard it @dan8885 ?

Yeah, I love it too. My copy is scratched and I wanted to buy a new one anyway. Sadly it's already sold out at Amazon DE and I don't get VAT deduction when I order with the UK or US so it would be £82.82 for me :pain:

It's also up at DJ Shadows Store for 103 EUR https://eu.djshadow.com/products/en...OW6LPVinylUK03&utm_content=DJSHADOW6LPVinylUK

"6LP set - deluxe lift-off lid box with embossed title and hype sticker, 48-page hardback book, three double LPs, two in gatefold sleeves, all with printed inner sleeves and pressed on 180g vinyl."

• Thanks
Reactions: spass
"6LP set - deluxe lift-off lid box with embossed title and hype sticker, 48-page hardback book, three double LPs, two in gatefold sleeves, all with printed inner sleeves and pressed on 180g vinyl."

:woot::woot:

Hopefully it'll drop in price so you can get a copy buddy.

Reactions: dan8885
What a beautiful Kickstarter Project :)

The Voyager Golden Record was a gift from humanity to the cosmos. And it is also a gift to humanity.

In 1977, NASA launched two spacecraft, Voyager I and II, on a grand tour of the solar system and beyond, into the mysteries of interstellar space. Mounted to each of these spacecraft is a stunning golden phonograph record, an interstellar message to introduce our civilization to extraterrestrials who might encounter the probes, perhaps billions of years from now.

The Voyager Golden Record contains the story of Earth expressed in sounds, images, and science: Earth's greatest music from myriad cultures and eras, from Bach and Beethoven to Blind Willie Johnson and Chuck Berry, Senegalese percussion to Solomon Island panpipes. Dozens of natural sounds of our planet -- birds, a train, a baby's cry -- are collaged into a lovely sound poem. There are spoken greetings in 55 human languages, and one whale language, and more than one hundred images encoded in analog that depict who, and what, we are.

Etched on the record’s gold-plated aluminum jacket is a diagram explaining where it came from, and how to play it.

Astronomer and science educator Carl Sagan chaired the visionary committee that created the original Voyager Golden Record forty years ago. Astronomer and SETI pioneer Frank Drake was the technical director, writer Ann Druyan was creative director, science writer Timothy Ferris produced the record, artist Jon Lomberg designed it, and artist Linda Salzman Sagan organized the greetings.

Voyager I entered interstellar space in 2013. It’s almost 13 billion miles away from Earth, and in about 40,000 years it will be within 1.6 light years of a star in the constellation of Camelopardalis. Voyager II is right on its tail. We may never know whether an extraterrestrial civilization ever listens to the Golden Record.

But now for the first time in history, to celebrate Voyager's 40th anniversary next year, you'll be able to experience it for yourself the way it was meant to be played.

An exquisitely-designed objet d'art, this limited edition Voyager Golden Record: 40th Anniversary Edition vinyl box set will only be available through this Kickstarter. It is the ultimate album package of the ultimate album package.

The cloth-covered box with gold foil inlay will house three, heavyweight translucent gold vinyl LPs protected by poly-lined paper sleeves. The LPs will contain all of the same magnificent music, greetings, and sounds as contained on the original Voyager Golden Record, nearly two hours of audio. (Track list below.) Those records will slip into old style tip on, black ink and gold foil jackets. The audio will be complemented by a beautifully-designed hardbound book of captivating images from the original interstellar message, glorious photos of the planets returned to Earth from the Voyager probes, compelling essays, and ephemera from the project's history.

Each set will include a color, plastic digital download card with a code to access all of the audio in MP3 or FLAC format. A lithograph of the iconic Golden Record cover diagram, printed with gold metallic ink on archival paper, will complete the box set.

139b23a3f8a025f50d1a854967200d0a_original.jpg 093a382d68221db1a0d708ab9927c7ae_original.jpg d654f7d12680f928ef5052de51d71254_original.jpg 43c53951ea855346edc64cb3dc60b9c8_original.jpg b6044be5a9c24e4db8ae4a03fb330a5d_original.jpg a17af676c5c7948b4873d4ee01114fe2_original.jpg 6dc5417a8483d8d56c5508160dc36f93_original.jpg 1785327de861fcc5467ce7f8a017c117_original.jpg 2ffb5925c1a3e1fde9942b37e612d9b2_original.png

Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ozmarecords/voyager-golden-record-40th-anniversary-edition

Edition:

Voyager Golden Record Box Set
* Cloth-covered box with gold foil inlay
* Three translucent gold, heavyweight vinyl LPs in poly-lined paper sleeves
* Three old-style tip-on jackets, black ink and gold foil
* Hardback, full-color book
* Lithograph of Voyager Golden Record cover diagram, gold metallic ink on archival paper, 12" x 12"
* Full-color plastic digital download card for all audio of the Voyager Golden Record (MP3 or FLAC formats)

Price: 98 USD + shipping

The first Black Friday 2016 releases have come through, with Sony leading the way.

• Alice In Chains — Live – Facelift
    150-gram vinyl
  • Bob Dylan — The Real Royal Albert Hall 1966 Concert
    2xLP, 140-gram vinyl, gatefold
  • My Little Pony — Friendship Is Magic Explore Equestria: Greatest Hits
    Picture Disc
  • Run-DMC — Christmas In Hollis
    Picture Disc
  • Jimi Hendrix — Morning Symphony Ideas
    Clear Yellow 10″ Vinyl
  • South Park — Mr. Hankey Christmas Classics
    Brown, Scented Vinyl
Black Friday is being held on November 25th this year. Stay tuned for more details on these releases and others.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and spass
Shadow is back on Amazon DE, look at the price tag :wacky::wacky::wacky:
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01I65YITE/?tag=hidefnin0d-21

Wow!

The first Black Friday 2016 releases have come through, with Sony leading the way.

150-gram vinyl
    Picture Disc
    Picture Disc
    Clear Yellow 10″ Vinyl
    Brown, Scented Vinyl
Black Friday is being held on November 25th this year. Stay tuned for more details on these releases and others.

I'll be keeping an eye on that Alice In Chains release. :thumbs:

• Thanks

150-gram vinyl
    Picture Disc
    Picture Disc
    Clear Yellow 10″ Vinyl
    Brown, Scented Vinyl
I'm curious as to what the scent will be on that South Park vinyl... something foul no doubt. :yuck:

• Thanks
7ddfeb66-f53f-452d-aabf-6ecff3938692.jpg

DEATH WALTZ ORIGINALS
Federale - All The Colours of the Dark LP.

Pressed on 180 Gram Translucent Red with Solid Red Color-in-Color vinyl
housed inside a 425gsm gatefold sleeve
Contains Digital Download card
$25.

This week we are beyond excited to announce that we're releasing the brand new album from Portland-based Federale on our Death Waltz Originals imprint.

Those of you who picked up our A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night soundtrack will remember Federale, who were highlighted on five tracks dominating both the soundtrack and film. Their brand new album All The Colours of the Dark takes the blueprint of those songs and brings it to a whole new level, adding vocals into their Morricone-esque spaghetti-infused sound, helping create huge anthemic multi layered songs. The title track is also featured in the forthcoming sophomore film from Girl Walks' director Ana Lilly Amipour, The Bad Batch, which we saw last week at Fantastic Fest and completely blew our minds.

All the Colours of the Dark sees its official release on CD, digital and vinyl in November, but we are releasing a limited number of colored vinyl copies this week for fans of the band to get their hands on early.

Spearheaded by longtime Brian Jonestown Massacre bassist Collin Hegna, Federale was conceived as an outlet to channel inspiration from 60’s & 70’s European soundtracks, particularly those from Italy made famous by the Spaghetti Western & Giallo genres.

Their fourth album, All the Colours of the Dark, finds Federale entering new territory. Though the new record contains cinematic instrumentals that the band is known for, it also sees Federale expanding its vision to narrative songs in the baritone driven style of heroes Lee Hazelwood, Scott Walker & Nick Cave. Murder, revenge, regret, power and corruption are the lyrical themes of this collection. Artwork by Ryan Overhauser.

As always, new music releases go on sale Wednesdays at NOON (CST) at Mondotees.com

Probably one of the weirdest unboxings I've ever seen. :LOL:

Looks nice! I'm still trying to get my hands on the white vinyl for a decent price.

If I would've known I would kept my copy. Sold it on eBay after it was released.
But this special edition looks amazing. If I would like the record I would go for this!

If I would've known I would kept my copy. Sold it on eBay after it was released.
But this special edition looks amazing. If I would like the record I would go for this!
Ah, no worries mate. To be honest I'm probably being a bit tight... I keep hoping to win it on eBay for around £20, but they're selling closer to £30. Think I'll just bite at that price sooner or later, as I love the album! Do you not like the record then mate?

• Thanks
Ah, no worries mate. To be honest I'm probably being a bit tight... I keep hoping to win it on eBay for around £20, but they're selling closer to £30. Think I'll just bite at that price sooner or later, as I love the album! Do you not like the record then mate?

Not enough to keep it as rare as it was. I only kept the pre-order since a ninja was looking for it. In the end I sold it for cost on eBay.
The record is just okay to me. It's definitely good but it's just not my type of music I would spin often...

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Not enough to keep it as rare as it was. I only kept the pre-order since a ninja was looking for it. In the end I sold it for cost on eBay.
The record is just okay to me. It's definitely good but it's just not my type of music I would spin often...
That's fair enough then dude. Glad you were able to get your money back for it. :)

• Thanks