Lawrence of Arabia - 60th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: June 13, 2022 - May 1, 2024 (Limited re-release)
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £29.99
Notes: 4 Discs

Lawrence of Arabia.jpg

Last edited:
Zavvi sent an email saying the new date was 12/02. Whether that's right, or orders will also be cancelled, we'll have to see.
Removed from release schedule seems ominous all around. Clearly no deal at HMV but I wonder if that "removed from release" counts for all UK retailers or wether HMV drew the short straw and so did their customers. :confused:

One thing is for sure, I won't be paying twice the retail price for a second hand one. Looks like it won't grace my shelf after all.

Removed from release schedule seems ominous all around. Clearly no deal at HMV but I wonder if that "removed from release" counts for all UK retailers or wether HMV drew the short straw and so did their customers. :confused:

One thing is for sure, I won't be paying twice the retail price for a second hand one. Looks like it won't grace my shelf after all.
Well, their email would insinuate it's not being released at all, but with a conflicting update from zavvi, you can't really say one way or another. Have to wait on an amazon update, and see if zavvi orders are shipped in around 2 weeks or not.

View attachment 571292

HMV cancelled the order. No supply from distributor. Obviously I'm rather upset.
Damn.
Is this just HMV or has Zavvi and Amazon sent the same type emails.
Anyone received anything?
Same deal here unfortunately
I have an order in with Zavvi as a failsafe but I'd wager that it's cancelled for all of UK. I'd be interested to know why or how this came about! It could be a blessing in disguise though... with it being the 100th anniversary, maybe, just maybe, they've decided to put a bells and whistles UK exclusive edition together in lieu

I'll have to be at peace with my amaray copy for now...

• Helpful Post
Reactions: TheWildEye
Well, their email would insinuate it's not being released at all, but with a conflicting update from zavvi, you can't really say one way or another. Have to wait on an amazon update, and see if zavvi orders are shipped in around 2 weeks or not.

I have an order in with Zavvi as a failsafe but I'd wager that it's cancelled for all of UK. I'd be interested to know why or how this came about! It could be a blessing in disguise though... with it being the 100th anniversary, maybe, just maybe, they've decided to put a bells and whistles UK exclusive edition together in lieu

Here's hoping for another separate release. I'm leaning towards it not having an all new product release again so soon due the closeness of the last one. But you never know.

Or if anyone invested in two copies and if the other retailers do still get their stock.

I'll take it off you! :LOL:

Here's hoping for another separate release. I'm leaning towards it not having an all new product release again so soon due the closeness of the last one. But you never know.

Or if anyone invested in two copies and if the other retailers do still get their stock.

I'm thankful I grabbed a copy of the US re-release when it popped up on Amazon UK for £30 last year. Saves the drama.

I

Yeah I tend to agree tbh I'm actually not a fan of reprints on the steelbooks either funnily enough ... especially ones that are cited as "limited". If this was cited as the start of reigning in reprints moving forward... I'd actually be all for it, despite not owning this one. ‍♂️

I don't think it sets a healthy precedent to state it's "limited" as purely a marketing tool. It's why I'm a huge fan of the way Universal are numbering their sets now, you know where you're at then and it sets a more honest relationship with retailers and consumers.

I believe so, but I haven't checked. My UB9000 is region free anyway, so it wouldn't really matter to me either way.
It doesn't state it on the disc in the Columbia set so I'd imagine the j-card is a possible way to determine. US Columbia set is region-free so probably the same discs.

Because I'm an annoying troll, I emailed HMV customer service yesterday to enquire as to why and what the deal was with the cancellation and supply issues.

For your pleasure, here's the reply.

Screenshot_2024-01-25-15-59-30-485_com.google.android.gm~2.jpg

Just

Yup. Zavvi cancelled too now, just had the email.

• Informative